The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
In these games you had the option of choosing the order of the E4, something no other game before now has had. Did this help you in your way to the top? How? Also, on another note, which E4 did you prefer (BW or B2W2), based upon strength, Pokemon design of room, and everything else you can think of??
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Yukari Yakumo
necrofantasia
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
It surely did help me out, as I could take out the Elite Four, using my decisions on who to beat first. I liked the B/W2 Elite Four since it improved on the already sensational E4 group, and made their rooms a lot better, with Caitlin coming out of that thing..
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme
lover
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp

Nature: Calm
It indeed did help me. The only trouble I got was Marshal, but that was my fault. I made the mistake of letting his Conkeldurr spam Bulk Up just a couple of times and it swept through my near entire team. I was then left with my Sandslash (Rolla) and his Conkeldurr got into a dumb habit of spamming Bulk Up despite it now did NOTHING. I used that to my advantage and applied x6 X Defends and x6 X Attacks and swept the rest of his team with Earthquake. :D
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
It helped immensely. Essentially I had one particular Pokémon that handled most of the E4 in type-advantage. So I tested each of the Elite Four (This is in Black, by the way) and found out who was the weakest and worked my way up.

To answer the OP's question. Indeed... Indeed it did.

As I have not made it to the E4 in B2 yet. I have no opinion on which E4 members from either game I like more.

However, I have been spoiled by friends and they've told me that Iris (the bane of my existence) is the Champion? So with that in mind, I immediately hate the B2 E4.
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:15 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Yeah, it reduces my stress over "OH NONONONO" like it has since…I don't know, forever, but I find myself going in order anyways :P

Old April 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved the change, taking on the Elite Four in the same order always got boring so choosing who you fight first and so on was a change I wanted in the games. Also, as for which version I liked better I'd say Black 2 & White 2's because of the rooms looking better, I especially loved Caitlin and that giant rose. It was so beautiful!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old April 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
While it was neat that I got to battle the Unova Elite 4 in any order, I still battled them left-to-right because I was too lazy to decide who to take down first.

Old April 27th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Even though I never played the prev. gen games, I like the idea of choosing which opponents you want to face. You can choose an opponent in order to 'practice' your Pokemon, and they will usually level up when you practice enough times, defeating the same Pokemon in the process. Also, most of the Pokemon would appear at the same level, which makes it a much fairer battle unlike the Sinnoh Elite Four. (The Bulbapedia article says that on the DP version it ranges from a Level 53 Dustox to a Level 63 Bronzong. )
Old April 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I loved the idea of being able to choose which Elite Four member that you wanted to face, however, them having only 4 Pokemon a piece (in the first battles, at least) was a little disappointing. I also wasn't a fan that their Pokemon had identical levels, as I'd grown to like the increasing challenge on the way to the Champion.

I've never actually battled them in any particular order, but I'll go to each room randomly and face whoever's there (which is convenient, since I always forget which room is which).
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I prefer the choosing the order of the battles it was a welcome change in my books. Only down side I found was the pokemon's levels were a little low compared to older leugues 4 pokemon.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Magnetic
Underground Trainer

Nature: Mild
I liked it. I went with the one I thought would be toughest against my specific team first, and worked my way backwards. And it went just the way I thought - I think I lost 2 pokemon on the first one, and none after that until Iris' Haxorus almost waxed my entire team.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
It wasn't easier by any means, but it was pretty cool. I liked the thought that I could choose who to battle first, and I think I prefer Chantaul over all of the Elite Four members. She's just wicked cool to me. <3
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM
IstheCakeReallyaLie
Unhatched Egg

I thought the level balancing made things a bit too easy on both BW1 and BW2.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here