The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

I am really looking forward to this. I haven't had an awful amount of time to have an in-depth look at it yet because of refurbishments and my computer being moved round. What I really love is that you get to play Daryl; he has grown such a fan base, and me being a fan, am looking forward to killing some zombies with his trademark crossbow. Not too sure if they have mentioned anything of the sort, but I would love if his character traits were included such as tracking and hunting. But with hunting comes tracking, so if his hunting skills are included I would expect to have tracking thrown in there, too.
The game really isn't that good, as I expected, and even my brother knows that after watching a video poking fun of the enemy A.I., if those video reviews David posted weren't enough. Just goes to show the TellTale game, despite you being disappointed about it, is still the superior game adaption.
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:56 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Monster Hunter Online has been announced!

...But it's made with CryEngine 3. And it's China-Only.
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Hmm, seems like Microsoft is planning to unveil their answer to the Wii U and the PS4 on May 21st. Anybody planning to get one from the get go?

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
tigerBLADE
1000://PowHammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Hmm, seems like Microsoft is planning to unveil their answer to the Wii U and the PS4 on May 21st. Anybody planning to get one from the get go?

I just wonder what it's going to be called.

XBOX 720? Anyway, I'm not sure yet. I'd get the PS4 before this new generation console game, but... we'll see.

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

While that'd kind of makes sense, it'd be pretty silly sounding in my opinion. Though I suppose given enough time it would grow on my. Kinda like the Wii U and the new Mewtwo form.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

I like the name 720. It at least sounds better than Durango, methinks.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I think a new naming scheme would be better for them, but eh. I don't really care much about games anyways - more how the console actually performs.

They also say a new Wii U Mario Kart may be out before the end of the year.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
There is always this possibility.

If they actually did that I would laugh so freaking much. xD

But in reality, I dunno, something other than a number sounds more likely.
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM
zoroarkrules25

So has anyone seen the super smash bros 4 fall release date rumor with proof?
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:36 PM
tigerBLADE
1000://PowHammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
So has anyone seen the super smash bros 4 fall release date rumor with proof?
Supposedly, it's been made into a rumor, but... 4chan was said to have that "secret list" leaked. I take any supposed rumor from 4chan with a grain of salt mind you, so there is a high chance that this might be fake, but, if it's true, it'll be awesome to see~

BTW for those who are wondering; this is the "leaked" list in question:

Spoiler:

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
That looks so fake to me it's not even funny. Why would they even have a list like that- it's up to the individual branch companies.. and not all of them even speak English.

FAKE.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Erm...

I don't think it's real as Kura said it's Fake. You will just have to wish for the stars that it's true.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

I doubt a real internal document would say "Super Secret" on it. And if it was real, I'd worry about the integrity of the people who are supposed to be handling this stuff. Looks pretty fake to me.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Smash Bros. Wii U having a fall release sounds way too early, for it means that the game could be rushed. Wasn't the 3DS version also listed to come out this year?
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
zoroarkrules25

Well i see the one problem people have with this has been pointed out. But think about it "Supper Secret" could be an inside joke or put there so if it did get leaked no one would buy. Also that would be even more of a reason for it being on 4chan to make you think it's fake. I am not saying it's real though, just that it's not out of the possibility with more Nintendo staff called in to work on it and practically all of namco bandai. I will pray to jirichi that it comes true. Besides it may not be a permanent release date and any problems in it would be fixed with DLC.
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

There's no way SSB or a Wii U Zelda (among other things on that list) will be out this fall. And as pointed out, the "OMG SUPER SECRET" heading would never appear on an official document.

I don't expect SSB before fall 2014 at the earliest, and probably 2015 for Zelda. The most we'll get this year is The Wind Waker HD and probably a Mario game. Nintendo has said Mario Kart will be out this year, but I'm thinking it'll get pushed back to spring.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:27 PM
zoroarkrules25

The zelda on there most likely refers to wind waker HD so it's likely not suppose to be zelda U.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Since we're still talking about SSB4 and Zelda Wii U, I would have to say that both titles could be competing for best Wii U game if they were both released on Fall 2014.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of SSB4 roster predictors haven't payed attention to this important piece of information regarding the game: http://www.officialnintendomagazine....re-characters/

That means there won't be over 50 characters in SSB4, and it could either mean around 43-45 characters in total or the same number of characters in Brawl, 35, with severe cuts for newcomers.
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Good, now we'll see more unique characters and less clones.

...not that I don't like the clones, but when you start adding more and more characters, the roster becomes less unique (this was a HUGE problem in Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which boasted the most characters to date, and consequently, the most clones and generic moves).

I could already tell who isn't coming back for the sequel that was introduced in Brawl (or Melee, possibly), though, and I don't think there's any need to worry about the amount of newcomers.
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Obviously the original 12 are mainstays, and so are the default characters from Melee (Bowser, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, and Ice Climbers), the default characters from Brawl (Diddy Kong, Pit, Metaknight, Dedede, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, and Lucas), and the WTF characters (R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch) because of the patterns I've noticed from the past three games. The only characters who aren't safe are the unlockable characters, excluding the original 4 unlockables from 64. The characters I see getting axed are Wolf, for the lack of an official character model from the most recent game, Star Fox 64 3D, Lucario, for Mewtwo's comeback, Ganondorf, for the fact that Demise was his earliest incarnation and is more likely to be picked over Ghirahim or Impa to represent Skyward Sword, Toon Link, for his complete clone status, Snake, and Sonic (both being third-party characters). Even though I said the Pokemon Trainer will stay, but the question is, will they use Red again to represent the concept or use a different trainer and set of starters to share the same name? If the latter, then I really hope for the option to play as a female trainer, because that's been my life long dream after seeing Dawn's performance in the anime, and because Leaf wasn't canon to the series' timeline, hence why she wasn't shown as a gender option for Red in Brawl.
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
"Excuse me, Mr...uh...Nameless One., correct? Are you the one who's been randomly killing all the Black Abishai in the streets of our fair Hive in Sigil?"

"C'mon! They drop 7000 experience points per kill. I need every level I can get!"
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:53 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

So EA acquired rights to the Star Wars games.

...Take that as you will, but I'm not completely sure that this is good news. We'll see, in time, but as with all things EA acquires, it'll probably be a mixed bag of positivity and negativity.
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Wasn't EA voted one of the worst companies ever?

...Well, regardless; while I'm not really that big of a fan of EA, I don't mind that they acquired the rights to Star Wars, but, what they do with it, is obviously the main concern.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Nuke

I was going to say if we look at the positives DICE might develop a Battlefront esque game, but having read up on it they're definitely developing something so now I'm excited.

I've seen my fair share of bad Star Wars games anyway so this can't go wrong personally.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:41 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I was going to say if we look at the positives DICE might develop a Battlefront esque game, but having read up on it they're definitely developing something so now I'm excited.

I've seen my fair share of bad Star Wars games anyway so this can't go wrong personally.
A bad game isn't always the worst EA does; generally bad games (in the case of EA) are due to noose-around neck strict deadlines, poor playtesting, and poor Publisher-Developer relations/treatment, among other things (the EA in a Nutshell video portrays this pretty well).

However, the bigger, and I dare say scarier thing is that they could milk or DLC the hell out of their titles, as well as the above statement. Some people say that Activison is worse in that respect, but after having been a fan of the Sims for all these years...it hurts, it's a little hard to say that one is worse than the other, but I'm somewhat inclined to do so.

And then there's Origin *Shudder*

Of course, it's not always bad. Heck, in some cases the developers have things the way they intended for them to be, but seeing the fall of series like Ultima, The Sims, and arguably Sim City, I worry for Star Wars.

Sponsored Links