The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
photonman555

As revealed in the new Pokemon movie we see him change form on his own under the stress of a powerful opponent does this mean that for the form change will be "in a pinch" like Darmanitan
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

No idea. It's definitely an interesting side discussion. Very possible, too! Though I'm not sure I like that it only happens in a pinch, i.e. when weak.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 24th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
More times than most, the reason behind a Pokémon altering its form in the anime is usually different than how its done in the games. I'm guessing we'll probably need an item for Mewtwo to be able to transform into its Awakened Form. There could always be the possibility of a new ability or move that triggers the transformation too.

PS. Merged your thread here where discussion on Mewtwo's new form is already taking place, Photonman.
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Agreeing with Shivi here. It's more than likely that we'll probably need an item for Mewtwo to go into its new Form, but I don't imagine it to be anything like how Giratina needs the Grisceous (?) Orb in order to go into Origin Form. .__. At least, I hope not.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Forever
let it go

There could also be a cave of some sort where it could awaken in, but idk. There's a lot of options there where it could awaken...

...maybe even from gen 5's Dream World and magically transport here??
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'm hoping Dream World really doesn't get utilized as a method of changing forms, no offense or anything like that, Nica. :( I think most of us grew tired of DW by the time BW2 rolled around, but I can only really speak for myself in that regard, I suppose.

That said though, it's possible that you could use an item to change Mewtwo into its alternate form and then change it back, kind of like Shaymin and the Gracidea Flower, or did the Gracidea Flower had to be a hold item too? I thought it was an item with unlimited uses, so correct me there if I'm wrong.
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm assuming that it will be some sort of item that will change it's form. Probably something similar to Giratina's Griseous Orb, that when held it changes its form as well as boosting it's STAB moves. If not, maybe something similar to the meteors for the different Deoxys forms?
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I'm assuming that it will be some sort of item that will change it's form. Probably something similar to Giratina's Griseous Orb, that when held it changes its form as well as boosting it's STAB moves. If not, maybe something similar to the meteors for the different Deoxys forms?
The last method would be vastly preferred. See, if it were to transform via Griseous Orb, I feel that could be severely limit its overall potential. That means it can't run things like LO sets or even have leftovers, in that regard. u___u
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I think Mewtwo will probably just be beaten up by Genesect and then change formes in order to beat it and protect the city or Ash & co. iirc Giratina could change formes at will whenever it entered the Distortion World, so in the anime it doesn't seem they need items.
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I think Mewtwo will probably just be beaten up by Genesect and then change formes in order to beat it and protect the city or Ash & co. iirc Giratina could change formes at will whenever it entered the Distortion World, so in the anime it doesn't seem they need items.
But in the games, it's different somehow. Giratina needs the Griseous Orb, and I'm willing to bet that Mewtwo would need an item of some sort to transform, regardless of what the anime shows. u___u
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
But in the games, it's different somehow. Giratina needs the Griseous Orb, and I'm willing to bet that Mewtwo would need an item of some sort to transform, regardless of what the anime shows. u___u
Well, Gen 4's are pretty accurate. Giratina needs the Griseous orb only outside of the Torn World. Which was true in the Movie as Giratina switches forms between the two worlds from Origin to Altered. Shaymin also needed to be in contact with the flower during the day in order to maintain his form.

Best comparison would be Deoxys and Kyurem who have drasticly different changes in game than in Movie as both can freely switch between forms while in the games they need Item/Games and Item/Pokemon to change forms.
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:18 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I see Deoxys formes being more location than item. Rotom is more item without the actual item xD. Hopefully Mewtwo's formes will be like Deoxys (I don't see it entering anything...very like that there'll be no Rotomesk transformation for Mewtwo).

Now what could that other forme that's suppose to be in the hexagon be?
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Honestly, now that I've given it some bit of thought, I just think that Mewtwo's form would probably be activated via some sort of hold items which is actually kind if ridiculous in my opinion but... I guess, whatever GF wants to do. u___u;;; If they did the same with Arceus and it's plates (though truth be told, Arceus did need its plates in the movie, but only to negate and nullify attacks), then chances are they'd probably do the same with Mewtwo, here.

I don't know, just my reasoning behind it.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I see Deoxys formes being more location than item. Rotom is more item without the actual item xD. Hopefully Mewtwo's formes will be like Deoxys (I don't see it entering anything...very like that there'll be no Rotomesk transformation for Mewtwo).

Now what could that other forme that's suppose to be in the hexagon be?
There probably isn't another since this forme is getting all the hype. Its probably Mewtwo and the new Mewtwo form IF they post anything in it.

I see either an attack or an item since Mewtwo simply changes in the movie.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I think an attack akin to Relic Song for Meloetta would be a cool thing. Maybe some lower based power Psychic move to change forms would be fun.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
I think an attack akin to Relic Song for Meloetta would be a cool thing. Maybe some lower based power Psychic move to change forms would be fun.
Agreeing with this! I'm thinking that Mewtwo might gain a special attack of some sort with this form change~! I'm thinking...Psyblast, maybe? A base 120 Psychic-type move, and utilizing it allows it to transform into it's Awakened form, or would that be a bit too much?
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Agreeing with this! I'm thinking that Mewtwo might gain a special attack of some sort with this form change~! I'm thinking...Psyblast, maybe? A base 120 Psychic-type move, and utilizing it allows it to transform into it's Awakened form, or would that be a bit too much?
Actually since Mewtwo takes his time and puts his hands over his chest to either focus or look like he's in prayer, why not a stat enhancing attack rather than a damaging one?

Like a special Stat enhancing one that raises X stat and then changes to Awakened form?
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Actually since Mewtwo takes his time and puts his hands over his chest to either focus or look like he's in prayer, why not a stat enhancing attack rather than a damaging one?

Like a special Stat enhancing one that raises X stat and then changes to Awakened form?
This would also make sense! n__n I imagine it raising Special Attack, something like Calm Mind? I'd be hesitant on saying it would probably raise his defenses, especially since his Special Attack is high enough already and raising his defenses would probably make him a tad bit untouchable...
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post

That'd be a cool implementation. Maybe just raise it's Special Attack by one stage, plus give it the form change? It'd definitely be cool to see. Or if it appears to be focusing, maybe the Special Attack gain plus it has the same effects of Focus Energy, since, well, it's focusing?
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Community Supporter

Increase of Special attack and the effect of focus energy sound good, not too lame and not to overpowering like Quiver Dance...
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
That'd be a cool implementation. Maybe just raise it's Special Attack by one stage, plus give it the form change? It'd definitely be cool to see. Or if it appears to be focusing, maybe the Special Attack gain plus it has the same effects of Focus Energy, since, well, it's focusing?
Way too overpowered. D: That's basically turning this thing into a hax machine. x_x;
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:35 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Way too overpowered. D: That's basically turning this thing into a hax machine. x_x;

D: Erm, we REALLY do not need another? Pokemon that's going to get overpowered...or else this thing will be in a tier all on it's own =x
a.k.a BL 4 or SUPER Ubers... x,x

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Community Supporter

I wonder if it's ability will change like Giratina and Kyurem's or if it'll stay the same.
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I wonder if it's ability will change like Giratina and Kyurem's or if it'll stay the same.
That'd be cool. It kinda looked like it was hovering so maybe give it Levitate like Giratina got. Then again that doesn't mean much (Mew having Synchronize for example), but it'd make sense I guess.
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I agree with Jake here. At least give it Levitate so it can switch in on EQ-users, but I think that's as far as it should go on the "overpowered" scale (depending on actual transformation methods, and on whether or not it utilizes a move to transform rather than an item. I'm really hoping it's the latter on this one, since it needs to be nerfed down, somehow).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links