The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerBLADE View Post
Just to clarify, do you mean blogs like this one where it has the that image with the blue text and symbols? If so, that's the blog description; you can add images to that. It should work unless there's a problem with the image your trying to wrap [img] tags around.

If this isn't what you meant, then... can you show us an example? :)
Yeah, I went into Blog Descriptions.

It currently looks like this:

But as you can see at the top (and if you go to my Blog atm lol), there's no image.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:58 AM
tigerBLADE
1000://PowHammers

Nature: Quirky
Spoiler:

This is the image, right? (I copied the IMG code from what you've typed).

You should use the shared link codes from tinypic. Like here, the image wasn't filed under as a 'png' or 'jpg' or anything, so, just grab the codes that tinypic shared, and you should have the image. Or, just in other words,

http://i43.tinypic.com/6glhcl.jpg

I hope that's better? :)

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming

Last edited by tigerBLADE; April 27th, 2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Ah, doy! I thought I had copied the right link lol >_< /noob-error

Thanks, tiger. I thought maybe it required higher supportership...

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Sir Mister
Unhatched Egg

Hey, quick question here:

I found an "Avatar Pic" (yes, it is a pun, that's why I like it ) I would like to use, and I would like to respect the artists request to link back to her gallery in DeviantArt when using her image. The gallery in question contains nothing inappropriate or offensive, is it cool if I link to it in my sig? If not, no big deal, I'll find another image, if so, cool, I just didn't want to add the link before making sure I wasn't violating any guidelines or anything like that by doing so. For what it's worth (in case anyone wasn't already aware) I can be confident no such material would be easily accessible to innocent eyes in the future even if the artist in question (Drastically) changed the nature of her art, because DeviantArt filters that kind of stuff, and to disable said filter, you must first create an account, so I'm not too worried about creating the link today and being accused of linking to explicit images tomorrow.

Old April 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Antemortem
why did Kevin Spacey age

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mister View Post
Hey, quick question here:

I found an "Avatar Pic" (yes, it is a pun, that's why I like it :) ) I would like to use, and I would like to respect the artists request to link back to her gallery in DeviantArt when using her image. The gallery in question contains nothing inappropriate or offensive, is it cool if I link to it in my sig? If not, no big deal, I'll find another image, if so, cool, I just didn't want to add the link before making sure I wasn't violating any guidelines or anything like that by doing so. For what it's worth (in case anyone wasn't already aware) I can be confident no such material would be easily accessible to innocent eyes in the future even if the artist in question (Drastically) changed the nature of her art, because DeviantArt filters that kind of stuff, and to disable said filter, you must first create an account, so I'm not too worried about creating the link today and being accused of linking to explicit images tomorrow.
Yes, you can absolutely accredit an artist for something you're using!
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Sir Mister
Unhatched Egg

Cool, thanks for the response! I definitely wanted to accredit the artist, just wasn't sure if links were ok, and hate messing up, so I definitely appreciate you helping me make sure I'm not doing something to get myself in trouble!

Old April 30th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Is there a character limit in posts? If yes, wha's the limit?

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
The PC-wide rule on character limits is that it has to be a minimum of both 4 words as well as 25 characters. As for a maximum, I don't think I've ever encountered one myself. Don't think one exists. Don't quote me on that though.
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
The character limit is 100,000 iirc. I've hit a few times in the past editing my shop haha.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

^There you go then. I never ever write that much, so figures I didn't know about it. =P
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Tea_with_Kyary
Kabocha Hime

sigh...im having loads of troubles trying to trade directly in the WFC room. everything else works fine, GTS and all that...but i keep getting error code 86420, that or it says, "so and so" failed to respond...
I dont know where to post my questions to get some help here :<<
So please tell me where to start, ok?

0347-8652-2573
Thats'a my'a friend code :D White 2
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

For future reference, something like this fits better in the Trade Corner or even Technology and the Internet sometimes.

In any case, are you using a 3DS? Some 3DS users have a strange glitch due to the router or ISP they have where they cannot trade with anyone that is on a different security setting (WEP, WPA, WPA2). Perhaps that is your problem?

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Tea_with_Kyary
Kabocha Hime

ah! yes, i do have a 3DS! that would make sense...cuz i HAVE traded just fine with certain people, others is a no go.
Hmm, i will look more into this in the forums you suggested.
I only posted it here cuz i didnt know where to. and the thread rules (i think) said this was a "re-direction" thread, in case you didnt know where to post something.

Anyway...thanks so much! arrr! now to tackle this stupid problem!

0347-8652-2573
Thats'a my'a friend code :D White 2
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
stephastated
dumb twerp

Nature: Sassy
1. where are the "claim a _______" threads at???
2. i just registered on the oekaki and i'm waiting on an email to activate my account...how long does this usually take???

thanks = w =

M Y P O K É B R O S
Token ♂ - Kirby ♂ - Oliver ♂ - Grapejuice ♀ - Amber ♀ - Charlie ♂
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:44 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

There's a Pokemon Claim Thread located in Pokemon General. A Bishie Claim thread is in General Entertainment.

As for the Oekaki, I'm not sure who takes care of the registration there (especially since it hasn't been used in nearly two years). If worst comes to worst, you can always ask Rukario, as he's the staff member concerned with the Oekaki and registration.
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
stephastated
dumb twerp

Nature: Sassy
oh dang i guess i can't claim pokemon yet anyway.....

also yeah if i don't get an email soon i will be sure to contact him :3 thank you very much~

M Y P O K É B R O S
Token ♂ - Kirby ♂ - Oliver ♂ - Grapejuice ♀ - Amber ♀ - Charlie ♂
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

"Newly Liked Posts"

Where on the control panel is this?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Scroll to the bottom of the page, its the very last list of items.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

There are a few older styles it won't show up on quite yet, though (might just be vBulletin Default that it won't show up on).
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
There are a few older styles it won't show up on quite yet, though (might just be vBulletin Default that it won't show up on).
Is Black 2 one of the "older" styles? Finally found it in Altomare's Light, but I prefer the Black 2 theme. :D <-- (Hey, there's no grin?)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:09 AM
robin22gongon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Well, I decided to ask this here since I want a quick answer.

So why won't mods clean up Pokecommunity? You know like delete thread that only had replies which only contains something like "This isn't the right place... Stop reviving old threads..." and something like that. I thought it would make the database run faster because these last few weeks I always get server is too busy or something. Do you get my point? Please inform me when you don't.
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:18 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Well first of all, this idea would only work if we had deleted all threads like this from the beginning, we aren't going to go back and find every single thread that is like this. That would take too long unless Audy had some miracle tool to help out. In addition, I'd assume that the server has been overloaded the past few weeks due to high amounts of guests coming in at the same time, not because the threads that are near empty.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:23 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Well first of all, this idea would only work if we had deleted all threads like this from the beginning, we aren't going to go back and find every single thread that is like this. That would take too long unless Audy had some miracle tool to help out. In addition, I'd assume that the server has been overloaded the past few weeks due to high amounts of guests coming in at the same time, not because the threads that are near empty.
Well, can I just find them for you and link them to you whichever one I might find. It's just a little bit annoying when you have this one great question in mind and googled it and the first result was on Pokecommunity but all replies says that "This is on the wrong section, lock... This is so month old, lock... Blah-blah". But seriously now, can I do that for you?
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
That won't speed up the database. They'd be soft-deleted, which means you can't see them but they're still stored on the server.
PM
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:03 AM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
That won't speed up the database. They'd be soft-deleted, which means you can't see them but they're still stored on the server.
Well, at least we won't see them on the very long list of threads in each section, which would speed up browsing for what your looking for.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links