The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:17 AM
PokeManx
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Hey guys, new to this forum. Recently just got back into the cards, after watching PrimetimePokemon vids on youtube. Over the last couple of months I've bought Team Rocket booster packs, and just the other week, purchased a Team Rocket Booster box, which I won't be opening!

Anyhow, whilst I was looking on ebay for boxes, I noticed people wanted thousands for a Neo Destiny box, and I can't find that many. What's the reason for this?

Was it because the series was so popular? Or did they not print as many? You would think there would be more than Base Set, as Base Set is the older set.
Old April 27th, 2013, 06:58 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Well, Neo wasn't as collected because the craze was starting to settle down at the time of its release. Although it sounds like these are 1st Edition boxes you're looking at based on their prices.
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

And, ya know, shining pokemon.
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Ledgetheorc
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Docile
Yeah, Destiny had the first ultra rare shiny pokes, with this epic holographic style, I was lucky to pull one of these from my first japanese pack:

Old April 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
PokeManx
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious
I actually have a shining Celebi, they sell reasonably well on ebay. Thanks donavvanj!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here