The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Mac, you play that game way to much.

And yeah, the DCC was dead this whole week really. A lot of key members were on leave or something I guess.
I was sucked into FE: A, sorry! I've got to get myself away from it every so often xD That's why I work, right? And yeah, it's been a bit quiet... and by the way thanks for the emblem!

-rambles-
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I wish I could nap all day, I still have a load of work to do for school. Also gotta somehow get 20 bucks from my parents for a bouquet of flowers. Hehe.

And yeah, I know for a fact school keeps me busy during the week. :c
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Besides Fire Emblem, I also worked a crap town last week.

Nice double, Dipu.
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:54 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm here, but still half asleep. I got up at 5 30am and was lurking around downstairs (i.e. drawing, watching tv, being irritated) before going back to sleep. And let me tell you, when you're sleeping downstairs alone, at night, and in a place where break-ins aren't rare, it's unsettling to have your cat sit and stare at you, then another part of the room that you can't see.

Anyway.
I haven't been doing anything interesting. Still practicing drawing with my left hand, but that's it. I'm just looking forward to in a couple of weeks, when I'll be adopting a Uromastyx.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; April 28th, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Apparently "530" became an emoticon? ?_?
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I'm going to work in an hour. How's that for interesting lol ><

Slept well, though. Had a messed up dream that I went back to Ontario to take an obsolete French course. Apparently it was around 2023 and construction had changed the location of the school; I went down the right road but it led me into a forest instead! so I eventually asked someone about it - I had a cat with me for some reason. Dunno - and found the school finally. I took the elevator and it like, hovered over a lava pit or something, and people were running outside looking for coloured eggs like during Easter. I was admitted to class and was sitting in the back beside some dude that was playing White 2 on his 3DS. Class was uber lame. When it ended, I ran outside and the building started to crumble. There were four guys with me for some reason and we kept running... But the ground gave out beneath us, one guy plummeted to a fiery death, while I clung on to the side. The skinny dude wanted to save me but the larger dude was like, "NO YOU'LL DIE YOU MUST RUN WITH US" but skinny guy was like, "NO WAY WE CAN TOTALLY GET HER SHE DUN HAVE TO DIE ARHOGLHAEOIGAKNALGA"

Woke up :3

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Besides Fire Emblem, I also worked a crap town last week.

Nice double, Dipu.
Why the hell does PC do this to me? :I

I've been looking up X/Y rumors and such. I don't normally do that, but I'm procrastinating. Again.
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:44 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

PC hates you.
We love you, but the website itself loathes you, Dipu. Now watch, this is going to be a double post.

I'm on Facebook and watching people in a specific group there be idiotic and funny. Facebook finally has a use, aside from angering your friends by sending them game requests!

I'm too lazy to look up stuff about X and Y versions. It's not like much information will be around, considering how long it'll be before they're actually released. I'm also just not really excited, considering I didn't like Gen V.

Also, I totally managed to type "actually" as "svyusllu" ?_? Apparently I can't type when I'm tired.

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; April 28th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

I hardly check out anything about X and Y tbh, not because I'm not excited, but I don't want to get myself really hyped up when the release date is still months away. And don't worry Slender, I'm pretty much the same way when I try to type when I'm half-asleep.

On a side note, I fell alseep last night with my glasses on and the screw holding one of the lens came loose. Managed to get it fixed, but I'm definitely going to have to go to the eye doctor, because the frame got all bent up. :l
CSS|VM/PM|THEME

Last edited by Arcturus.; April 28th, 2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: nyeh, typo
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Dipu welcome to the clubs of double posts in your section! How does it feel?
PM
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:17 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

When I'm half-asleep, everything is amusing, as well. Especially if it normally would be relatively funny, anyway. I remember staying up late on PC a while ago, and everyone was posting amusing stuff and it was hilarious, at the time.

I don't know why, but I still find it funny that I accidentally hot glued two of my fingertips to an object. I don't have total feeling in them, and I didn't feel any heat. Then when I lifted my hand, I realized what had happened and started laughing.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
At the moment I'm very un-hopeful for X and Y, personally I really dislike the graphics, they look terrible.

I mean compare the images of X&Y to something like Ocarina of time, which looks much better. Sure you can say it's the graphical style but the facts are that ocarina of time originally came out on N64 in 1998. Yes the 3ds one was upres'd and had more polygons added, but if they can make a game from 1998 look better than one that they're going to put out 15 years later in q4 2013, then that's pretty lackluster.

Another example would be the 3ds port of snake eater, which shows just how powerful the 3ds is. That game looks stunning, it's a midway point between the original ps2 release and the ps3 HD re-release, yet it runs on the 3ds fine. Clearly the 3ds is capable of far more than what X&Y seem to be, which is a shame.

----------------

As for me, Tomorrow is monday which means that I'm going to be working another 55hours over 3 days again, joy of joys.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Graphics have never been a selling point for Pokemon. They've never been up to what could be done on the system, idk why X&Y would be any different.

Besides just because they're both on the 3DS doesn't mean Ocarina of Time and X&Y are being made by the same people ;x
PM
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Nathan
don't approach
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Haven't posted here in a long time. Slept well and I'm not too excited about X/Y because I won't have a 3DS by then.
In 1998, I was 1.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Specs have never been the main focus on video games; otherwise, we would've gotten games that look beautiful and better stroytelling but terrible gameplay. *points to Star Wars: the Force Unleashed*
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Graphics have never been a selling point for Pokemon. They've never been up to what could be done on the system, idk why X&Y would be any different.

Besides just because they're both on the 3DS doesn't mean Ocarina of Time and X&Y are being made by the same people ;x
BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ENTITLEDNESS FORCES YOU TO MAKE BETTER GRAPHICS ;;

Anyways, I honestly can't understand people who like better graphics. I mean, of course you want to be able to tell what's going on, but I don't consider AWESOME graphics to be important in a game.

Old April 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Tbh I can't wait until we hit the graphics ceiling, where graphics cannot possibly be more realistic. Then I hope we'll have a push towards games that put emphasis on their story, their gameplay, their physics, and their ideas instead of "look at how many wrinkles we can put on this face".
PM
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:27 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Tbh I can't wait until we hit the graphics ceiling, where graphics cannot possibly be more realistic. Then I hope we'll have a push towards games that put emphasis on their story, their gameplay, their physics, and their ideas instead of "look at how many wrinkles we can put on this face".
But then they'll start working on simulating the proteins that are in the character's body, because they can.

Never underestimate humans and their ingenuity to find new ways to waste resources.

Also about X&Y, they said that the footage wasn't final so I don't get what everyone's complaining about.

Old April 28th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
The problem I have with hyper-realistic graphics is because of Garry's Mod possibly having the incapabilities to download character models from HD games due to its PS2-like graphics, so only non-HD character models are acceptable, meaning there would have to be a new Gmod to be able to play with rag doll models of HD characters.

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; April 28th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

To be fair, I'm a visuals snob when it comes to anime. It's incredibly difficult for me to get into an older anime that doesn't have a modern art style and isn't HD. :<

/hypocrite!
PM
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Specs have never been the main focus on video games; otherwise, we would've gotten games that look beautiful and better stroytelling but terrible gameplay. *points to Star Wars: the Force Unleashed*
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ENTITLEDNESS FORCES YOU TO MAKE BETTER GRAPHICS ;;

Anyways, I honestly can't understand people who like better graphics. I mean, of course you want to be able to tell what's going on, but I don't consider AWESOME graphics to be important in a game.
You all misunderstand me.
I'd rather the B/W style, that what I've seen of the X&Y graphics so far. Nothing to do with any delusions of being entitled to better graphics for every iteration, more to do with the fact that X&Y looks like garbage in comparison to B/W.
The comparison is the important part. I'm not saying this because I'm whining about 'waaah they screwed up my games' THAT would be acting entitled. The issue I have a problem with is that fact that the graphics look worse than the previous games, and the only argument for it is that 'Well we tried to make it more 3d, which takes more resources and so the graphical style is more limited' when my previous post shows exactly why that is untrue.

B/W was a 3d game in essence, the camera was fixed, but at times such as cut-scenes it would pan slightly to give more depth. If they simply made X/Y look exactly the same as B/W but maintained the camera locked at that lower angle, it would be an improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
But then they'll start working on simulating the proteins that are in the character's body, because they can.

Never underestimate humans and their ingenuity to find new ways to waste resources.

Also about X&Y, they said that the footage wasn't final so I don't get what everyone's complaining about.
The footage wasn't final, true but if at this stage they still have large changes to make to aspects such as the graphical engine, then I worry for the quality of the story/game-play in x/y.

Edit: I'd also like to say, generally I don't give a damn about graphics. satisfying storyline and entertaining game-play takes priority for me. The majority of my favorite games are all more than 15years old, and It's not just nostalgia speaking, I spent the last week replaying chrono trigger. If you put that game in front of an average 12 year old today, they would immediately tell you it looks like crap and ask to play call of duty instead. However if you convince them to actually play it, chances are they would still enjoy it for the astounding game it is.

Last edited by Somniac; April 28th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:48 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I don't care much about graphics, so long as it isn't low enough quality that it's difficult to understand what you're looking at, or something along those lines.

The graphics on B/W were pretty cool, I must say. I just didn't like the gameplay much, despite trying again and again to give it a chance. Honestly, that probably was just because I'm not as familiar with Unova as some other regions.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

X and Y has to be the zenith of graphical perfection. If not, and Z managed to out-do X and Y, I'll hardly believe it. :I
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Wasn't trying to make you feel the need to defend yourself Somniac, sorry about that. XD I'm not sure why you were talking about the power of the 3DS though if your argument has nothing to do with the 3DS' power and everything to do with what they already did on the DS...?
PM
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Weren't those graphics in the X & Y trailers just working design anyway?

I have to admit, when it comes to games that place emphasis on exploring the game world, I tend to be a bit of a graphics nut. I just can't explore Skyrim without HD.

Yet at the same time, other games graphics just don't matter.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wasn't trying to make you feel the need to defend yourself Somniac, sorry about that. XD I'm not sure why you were talking about the power of the 3DS though if your argument has nothing to do with the 3DS' power and everything to do with what they already did on the DS...?
It was more to say that the 3ds is powerful enough to run much more advanced graphics without struggling, and they seem to be making a big deal out of the new art direction which isn't that spectacular.

And no worries, I didn't mean to be appear defensive :p

Sponsored Links

Advertise here