The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Black 2 and White 2's way of making you grind?
Yes! 16 76.19%
No! 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:04 PM
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Nature: Lax
In Black 2 / White 2 there was an obvious need for grinding, seeing as how nintendo somehow expected you to become lvl. 80 on all of your pokemon to complete the after game. What do you think about it? Did you like the challenge? Would you have liked the levels to be a little lower? (Or alot?)

As for me, being in my first playthrough of B2/W2 and my pokemon are around lvl. 60 after beating the main game, I went straight to go and playthrough the after game. First, I decided to go to all of the towns, to be able to fly there later, going through the Pinwheel Forest - Nuvema Town I thought they had crazy high levels! After that, I decided to go to N, and obtain Zekrom (B2 for me) so I could obtain the main legendary - Kyureem. I was shocked when Zekrom was at level 70! That's way too high for my liking on a wild pokemon. I stopped there, and decided to post this thread. So, again, what are your oppinions on this game?

X Water Montype Challenge 4/8
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Levels are almost too easy in BW2, imo. In my Join Avenue, I can raise a single Pokemon's levels by 23 in one day. If I use the stadiums in Nimbasa and the new battle facility in Black City/White Forest, I could get a Pokemon from 1 to 100 in like two or three days no sweat.

It's kind of boring, honestly. It takes all the pride out of high level Pokemon.

Old April 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM
TheLaserLuke
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
I have yet to raise a pokemon to lvl 100. But I did the same as you are doing going to all the towns so i can fly there later and I was like "2 years ago" The pokemon here were lvl 2-5, now they are high 50's?? There's something in their water if you ask me.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaserLuke View Post
I have yet to raise a pokemon to lvl 100. But I did the same as you are doing going to all the towns so i can fly there later and I was like "2 years ago" The pokemon here were lvl 2-5, now they are high 50's?? There's something in their water if you ask me.
Well, I believe that "Thing in the water" you were describing was, in my oppinion, I think it is either rare candies, or steroids They do have water on the left of route 1 xP

X Water Montype Challenge 4/8
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:14 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I'm stuck in the Desert Resort training all my Pokémon to level 30 (originally level 35) because I was way behind by the time I battle Burgh with his level 25+ Pokémon. I'm scared and I'd hate to get to the next area without being fully prepared.

To answer the thread's question though. It's monotonous, but in the end it'll be worth it later...
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Extreme...? Not really... I cleared E4 with just 80lv Lucario.
The rest of the team that did not participate were about 55...
Not to mention how leveling is easy with 2 Lucky Eggs you get.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Yeah, B2W2 made leveling extremely easy, what with that specific stall in Join Avenue, the 2 Lucky Eggs you find, Audinos, and many tough battles that can be replayed over again (Colress, Cynthia, Hugh, the stadiums, etc.). My team in that game isn't Lv.100 yet, but that's because I haven't played it in a while.

Not to mention I found the game easier than the first games. My team was around the 70's when I beat Iris the first time. I barely grinded, maybe only twice in my whole playthrough.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Cooltrainer Ashley Rose
Booted out - don't be like me!

Location: Don't die. You might get AFTERLIFE>...<3 Ashley Rose Kristiine.
Nature: Careful
I like the breeders who let me rebattle them.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:50 PM
mozartm99

I don't know about the after game but it seems that I am always super low levels compared to the gyms.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I was also thrown off the first time I played the game. I went back to old areas and all of the trainers magically had lvl 60 pokemon when my pokemon were only around 45 or 50 when I beat the Elite Four. I was more prepared for it when I played Black 2.

And lmao to their being rare candy in the water x3
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM
C Dillinger
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
I really enjoyed the high levels, if anything it made the game easier though...
I kind of enjoy grinding though...
Need to Complete: Black, White 2
Black 2 FC: 0433-8941-3220
Heart Gold FC: 4728-8614-9499
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:04 AM
DragoniteGirl
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
My Pokemon were only around level 50, or just above, but below level 60 when I beat the Elite 4, I really think being able to rebattle so many people throughout the game, and Audino's help alot with leveling.

The Treehollow, because White 2 for me, was an incredible way to get my Pokemon to level 100, along with the challenge that went with it. I really think though, it's so much easier in these games to level up Pokemon than before, because there's so many different places you can go and do it. Although I kinda wish that wild Pokemon could be on higher levels, it'd be something different, just after you beat the elite 4, if Pokemon could like.. Boost up 20 levels, so there can be around level 70/80 Pokemon in the wild, just for a bigger challenge.
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
all my pokemon were well on their way to lv 70 by the time i got around to challenging iris. im an explorer in the game tho so i usually end up battling more people and more wild pokemon than my friends do. its way easier to level up than in previous games as well.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Zoegrace1

My Pokemon were around level 60 when I challenged Iris, my most powerful two a Empoleon and a Charizard. Got smashed by Lapras, so I cheated by firing up my Pearl game, transferring a lvl 100 Shiny Empoleon. (One of six my friend gave me, she has cheats) I passed it through Black, and then to Black 2. Smashed her face in.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:30 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude18 View Post
all my pokemon were well on their way to lv 70 by the time i got around to challenging iris. im an explorer in the game tho so i usually end up battling more people and more wild pokemon than my friends do. its way easier to level up than in previous games as well.
Same with me, the excessive Audino grinding was worth it. But thankfully the levels of the Audino in the postgame are higher than they were in the original Black & White. And there's also Pokemon Breeders who are handy grinding against for money since you can rebattle them.

Also, Join Avenue had facilities that can level up Pokemon without battling but I prefer to level up by just plain old battling Audino, because they are just so fun to knock out and the status conditions they inflict on you can give you a bit of a challenge.

However, I do think Black 2 & White 2 made level grinding very easy thanks to those various reasons listed above.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Before taking on Burgh, I EV trained/grinded my team so that I wouldn't have to worry about them gaining the wrong EVs later on in the game or rely on luck to get the appropriate EV-reducing berries..

Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't like grinding. I usually get bored in the middle of it and end up not completing BW2's postgame because of it, especially because my Pokemon are a good 10-20 levels below the trainers there. I feel like Gamefreak had it all backwards - TRAINERS should be used for grinding, not wild Pokemon, because you need to battle at least 2x more Pokemon (except Audino but they expect us to battle like 20 Audino in order for one Pokemon to be at a decent level?) to gain as much EXP as trainers give.

The reason why grinding was required though for most gyms and the E4 is that you literally just battled like two people in between gyms, while in other games the natural bunch of trainers in the routes in between would level you up enough.
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Cassino

I presume the intention is that one's first course of action after completing the story would be to visit Black City's/White Forest's battle tower thing. That covers the level gap, which only reaches unreasonability if challenge mode is enabled immediately after completing the story.
DA | YT | If you found an AK with green plastic furniture and an MP5 with a straight mag on your desk when you woke up this morning, that means you've had too much vodka, sausage and this music last night.

Last edited by Cassino; April 26th, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Magnetic
Underground Trainer

I'm coming up on the E4 and finally learned of the Audino trick. This has done wonders for me.
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Naikado

Nature: Adamant
I turned on challenge mode as soon as I got it and had no problems at all. Barely even touched any audino, except to catch one. I grinded a little but not too excessively. The game wasn't that hard.
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Believe me, I have been grinding recently! Usually, I grind over a Pokemon's EV by meeting wild Pokemon (for example meeting and beating wild Basculin to raise my Pokemon's speed) in order to help me win battle points at the battle subway. (and yes, I do buy those EV-enhancing items to save time)
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Forever
let it go

I always grind a lot so it was no real surprise for me :x But I do like that it makes you want to grind tho, makes you spend longer on the games imo.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Murt93
Battle Amateur

Nature: Jolly
I tend to clear my game using only my starter pokemon so I can clear the game quicker :L I had my Emboar the first run through it was level 76 after Victory road and on my second run with samurott I believe it was 74ish, proffesor Juniper literally "hands" you a lucky egg and once you get to white forest its ridiculous I went from 75-100 with my terrakion in less than an hour w/lucky egg no joke :L but hey all my friends say I play the story wrong I'm more of a battle freak ^ _ ^ also @Sceptile King I haven't gone near N yet and I have a little under 400 hours on my current save file lol
Don't try to apply logic to Pokemon
You'll end up hurting yourself
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links