The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Yeah, your game should be fine. :)

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Im playing Pokemon Ruby right? Im on route 115. Have I come a long way so far? And is there a lot more to come?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old April 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

You still have like more than half of the main story to go. You're basically almost done with the first half. Once you get Surf, that's when I consider you've entered into the second half of the game. When you have a question about a specific game, please use the Q&A thread for it. This thread is for generalized gaming questions. Yours was specifically about Ruby, so it would go in the Advance Gen Q&A thread.

Blood will have blood.
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
OK I will go there from now on. Is that the place to post if i get stuck anywhere in the game?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old April 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Yes, and likewise for any other games you're playing. Like if you were playing Silver and got stuck, you'd ask for help in the Metal/Color Gen Q&A thread. :)

Blood will have blood.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Teddscau
Unhatched Egg

So, my Pokémon Pearl pokémon haven't been EV trained at all, and they're at around level 70-80. Is it pointless to start EV training now? I'll use berries to "undo" the EV points.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
stp
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
If you EV train fully there would be a significant difference in stats at level 100.

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Teddscau
Unhatched Egg

I guess it's better late than never . I didn't learn about EV training until about a year ago. I'm EV training my pokémon White 2 now. Very boring.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
fishyfins
Reality Sculptor

Quick question about the GTS: Is there a list of pokemon that at the present time cannot be traded at all on the GTS? For example, there has only been one Meloetta event (country wise), and it came with the ribbon that means it cannot be traded on the GTS, which in turn suggests to me that no Meloetta can be traded on the GTS due to them all having the ribbon (were obviously talking legit pokemon here)

So, is there a list of pokemon that for this, or any other reason cannot be traded on the GTS at all?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

There is no comprehensive list per se, but all you really need to know is Pokemon who are megahacked (yes, level one Zekroms somehow slip through) and Pokemon with event exclusive ribbons cannot be traded.

Pokemon that have never been released without an event ribbon: only Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect come to mind. Someone feel free to add on to that short list.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:28 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
I thought that if you traded a pokemon that evolves while trading was holding and everstone wouldn't evolve?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:14 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

That is correct, if your Pokemon did evolve for some strange reason, then I have no idea what is going on.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:18 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
That is correct, if your Pokemon did evolve for some strange reason, then I have no idea what is going on.
I traded my kadabra with an everstone and it sure did evolve, I found it highly weird.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
There is a glitch where Kadabra will still evolve even if it holds an Everstone.
Old April 28th, 2013, 03:50 PM
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

A little while ago, I was looking in Pokégen and making codes to give me all of the Arceus types, and saw 18 Arceus forms. I have tested, and the 18th form does exist. Does anybody know why, because it is driving me crazy.
My deviantart. contains all of my screenshots. EVER.
For your convenience. download my (beta) demo.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It was to keep the game from crashing when people gave Arceus a hacked ??? Type plate.

Arceus doesn't have the 18th form in B/W and beyond I believe as ??? Type has been completely removed from the system.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
The 18th ???-type Arceus has been around in all 4th Gen games, as seen here, but since the ??? type no longer exists in Pokémon 5th Generation, and presumably forward, that form (And type) was entirely removed. As for what XanderO said, it's used to prevent errors in the game's logic, but since it's nearly impossible to actually hack an item (And if it is possible with an AR, all effects would be lost once the power to the system is shut off) without first using a rom, the form cannot be seen unless the game is hacked.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
My friends told me that when you play as a girl that your XP goes up faster. Is this true?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:57 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
My friends told me that when you play as a girl that your XP goes up faster. Is this true?
Not at all, there is no difference in EXP between genders.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
It was to keep the game from crashing when people gave Arceus a hacked ??? Type plate.

Arceus doesn't have the 18th form in B/W and beyond I believe as ??? Type has been completely removed from the system.
Okay. I did not know that there was a hacked ??? plate. I can sleep in peace now.
My deviantart. contains all of my screenshots. EVER.
For your convenience. download my (beta) demo.
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Amano

Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amano View Post
Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)
Well, you'll be able to play 4th and 5th Generation games, and also the upcoming Pokemon X & Y.

But there's some great ones worth playing from those generations.

Platinum has some good post-game content and it is much superior to Diamond & Pearl, remember that if you want a good Sinnoh game definitely go with Platinum. Diamond & Pearl aren't really that great because the speed was so slow and the Sinnoh Dex in those games was much inferior to Platinum's. Remember, don't get Diamond/Pearl, get Platinum.

HeartGold & SoulSilver give you that nice sense of nostalgia from the original Gold/Silver/Crystal, and it also has some neat post-game content, and also new improvements since the original G/S/C. It also has the ability to allow your Pokemon to walk around with you, and it even has the Pokeathlon.

And there's also both Black & White as well as Black 2 & White 2, which have really great graphics. Black/White may not have as much post-game stuff as other games but the story is among the best in the series. Playing the original Black & White before playing Black 2 & White 2 can help give you more knowledge on the Unova story.

Black 2/White 2 however, have loads of stuff you can do and there's loads of Pokemon you can catch. The Pokemon World Tournament, Join Avenue and Black City/White Forest are all very addicting imo. And since you have a 3DS, you can also download the Pokemon Dream Radar app which you can then catch loads of good Pokemon with, such as the legendary Pokemon Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus.

In my personal opinion, all are great games but maybe someone else might want to ask as well so you can eventually decide which of the games you want to play.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Since you're new to them and only have that, you should start off with HeartGold or SoulSilver, I think. They're remakes of the second generation game, and although nothing beats the feeling of playing the original games, it's the closest you'll get to playing an older game. It's a good game to start with, really!

Then you should move on to Platinum. Don't touch Diamond and Pearl. The Pokedexes are rather limited, the games run slowly, and Platinum is just the better choice altogether. :)

Then go on to Black or White and after that, Black 2 or White 2. I recommend White and White 2 personally, but that's me being biased as one of my favorite Pokemon is obtainable in White and White 2, haha. Those are the latest games until X and Y. Though tbh, you could probably get away with skipping Black and White. They're good games, but with generation 6 coming in October, it'd be cheaper to just play Black 2 or White 2 and not bother with the ones before it. Platinum isn't necessary either really, but I strongly recommend at least starting with HeartGold or SoulSilver.

I hope this post made a bit of sense, but if not, just post and ask more questions, or feel free to message me! :)

Blood will have blood.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Amano

Thanks a lot Hikari, Sydian

Well, I did a little search about your recommendations, and I decided to start off with white version (black and white), Since I'm new to Pokemon I think i need a great story that can make me go on with it and complete it at least to let me play the others.

To be honest, The reason that made me ask that question is black and white, I read about and saw some interesting characters one that loves ferris wheel or something.

In anyways, I'm going to order a list Black and white and B2 and W2/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver

Now! I'm grateful for knowing such a good community. I'll try to discuss my playthrough with all of you.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Jak
@ dark eco

When you want to post about your playthroughs in the games, use the Journey Journals. :) There's one in each section that goes with the Pokemon games, so if you're going to post about your White journey, go to the 5th Generation Gaming forum and use that onel

Blood will have blood.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here