• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
He gonna be Normal/Psychic if you think about Fairies, also with this typing he get immunity to ghost and neutral to fighting.

blue

gucci
Years
How many Pokemon would actually be classed as Fairy type? If there's only a very small amount then I don't think there's any point. I can only think of three which are Togetic, Clefairy & Yveltal...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How many Pokemon would actually be classed as Fairy type? If there's only a very small amount then I don't think there's any point. I can only think of three which are Togetic, Clefairy & Yveltal...

How many doesn't really matter. Only 2 dragon type families existed between gens 1 and 2. Totallung out at 4. When steel was made 2 old were added and i think 3 new were made (steelix, scizor, and foretress). When dark was made no old pokemon were changed and i think 4 were added (sneasle, houndour, houndoom, and murkrow). So honestly they don't have to change any previous pokemon or add more than 3 or 4 for any new types.

More will appear as time goes on. Look at how many dragons we get now as opposed to get 1 and 2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah but I feel like Psychic/Ghost would fit better since I've always questioned why it isn't Ghost :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah but I feel like Psychic/Ghost would fit better since I've always questioned why it isn't Ghost :(
I never considered Mewtwo as a possible Ghost. It doesn't have the invisible body like others (Gastly, Haunter, etc.). I doubt it could even be properly portrayed that way.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
Why would Mewtwo be part Ghost though? To me that wouldn't make a lot of sense. It's not dead, it's not based off of anything dead or spiritual, so why?

tnfsf11

> Releases picture of Sylveon
> Releases game-play footage of Sylveon
> Releases Pokemon Movie trailer with Sylveon in it
> Still didn't reveal Sylveon's type.

I somehow believe it will be a "???" type just because on the website they showed the starters had pure types and Sylveon had a "???" box under it which imo means it's the type.......... and yet speculating didn't help me out one bit :(

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm definitely gonna say Sylveon isn't ??? typing. I'm pretty sure they just want to keep the hype up by holding out on us this long.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Nintendo:
> Releases picture of Sylveon
> Releases game-play footage of Sylveon
> Releases Pokemon Movie trailer with Sylveon in it
> Still didn't reveal Sylveon's type.

I somehow believe it will be a "???" type just because on the website they showed the starters had pure types and Sylveon had a "???" box under it which imo means it's the type.......... and yet speculating didn't help me out one bit :(
That's a bit Farfetch'd (pun fully intended). It clearly means "You have no idea and we're not telling you yet".

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I definitely agree. They're still getting the audience that's just hopping onto the X/Y hype, but the majority of people are just kind of sick of trying to speculate the typing. Honestly I hope it gets revealed sometime soon, not because they should, but just because I'm sick of hearing everyone argue over the typing =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I definitely agree. They're still getting the audience that's just hopping onto the X/Y hype, but the majority of people are just kind of sick of trying to speculate the typing. Honestly I hope it gets revealed sometime soon, not because they should, but just because I'm sick of hearing everyone argue over the typing =P
But seriously, it HAS to be Bug/Dragon/Ghost/Flying/Normal/FAIRY type because *insert random spittle here*.

Yeah, I'm with you. It's getting repetitive now. Just tell us already.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think we may be getting the art of the protagonists in May or June along with the Rival and the region as those three things usually come out together and it's usually around this time.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think we may be getting the art of the protagonists in May or June along with the Rival and the region as those three things usually come out together and it's usually around this time.
I'll stick with Xavier and Yvonne, or perhaps even Leo and Lea as possibilities.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly there isn't much point speculating their names either. I mean, majority of people name the characters whatever they want anyways, so the names don't really have any large impact. Minor thing to speculate on I suppose. I agree on wanting to see the starters' evolutions though =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've already speculated on Sylveon, the Starters, the legendaries, and Mewthree. I need something else. Protagonist names fits the bill. :P

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Eh. I agree with Jake here. Probably not much speculation to be done as far as the protagonists' name goes.

...Now I'm just REALLY hoping for the Region Map to be revealed soon. D:
This also fits the bill. However, I can live a couple more months without this. Just give me a name.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back