The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Old April 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
"The Name's N!"
Airdate: 27 April 2013 [USA]

Synopsis

Ash&co have set off on a ship bound for Castelia City. They meet a strange older dude who goes by the name of N. He can hear the voices of Pokémon. And understand them, too. Team Rockets shows up to cause the group grief.

So okay this episode marks the first proper appearance of N in the dub! I've been hearing from people that his English VA spoke too slowly for him and didn't like... change tone or speed for when N was meant to be getting passionate about things? idk what did you guys think?

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:55 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I say it is Goodi Goodi and all right and speaking of hearing Pokemon voices finally for some time We, Ash and Co. could know what Pokes are saying apart from our dear old Meowth
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:57 AM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I liked N's voice personally. I thought it was creepy , mysterious and fit him well. I think they picked a good VA, (Nicholas DiMichele) and I thought it was way better than the voice for N in the BW2 trailer.

I was really surprised that they used a ( new opening,[/title] compared to the old opening but I was really hoping they would. I really didn't expect it to happen much , cause it's never happen except for one occasion and that was only cause of the switch to HD and wider aspect ratio (For Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battles) . So it really surprised me when I saw the new opening.

I really like this episode. All of N's dialogues was actually really deep,way more deeper than really anything else said on the dub, more specifically any character in the BW series. While the dialogue dragged the episode on a bit , it also gave the whole episode more depth and emotion. My favorite part was when N blocked Frillish's Shadow Ball and then the whole speech he gave afterward. The part where he acknowledges Mewoth for speaking human was amusing.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Wow I didn't know they were using the Episode N animation... it really doesn't work with that song. :(

I don't know what N said in the dub, but in Japanese he said something to Meowth like... "why would you speak human when Pokémon have their own beautiful language?" and that's kind of like... wow N way to be rude? Because that statement kind of puts down the amount of effort that obviously went into Meowth learning human. And N doesn't even know the reason behind it and doesn't care- he's not even asking "why" really, he's saying "you shouldn't".

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
My initial thought when hearing N's dub voice was "safe." It wasn't really a voice that you would really remember and it wasn't really a voice that you could hate. It was just safe. It did lack the passion N should have had though.

Overall, the episode managed to fulfill a nice introduction for his character. I'm certainly anxious to see more of him. I also like how they decided to make the upcoming movie with Genesect canon to the anime, as this can be viewed as kind of prequel hinting at events to come.

I also did like the questions N pondered about. I'm sure those are questions we all have thought about from time to time. It was actually kind of deep for the writers to do. I was surprised they brought up such questions. It only made me like N that much more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
Wow I didn't know they were using the Episode N animation... it really doesn't work with that song. :(

I don't know what N said in the dub, but in Japanese he said something to Meowth like... "why would you speak human when Pokémon have their own beautiful language?" and that's kind of like... wow N way to be rude? Because that statement kind of puts down the amount of effort that obviously went into Meowth learning human. And N doesn't even know the reason behind it and doesn't care- he's not even asking "why" really, he's saying "you shouldn't".
N said about the same thing to Meowth in the dub. While one may think of it as rude, however, I thought of it as N placing Pokémon at a higher standard than humans. He's sees them as something more special basically.
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:36 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I also remember one epic moment in the episode where N jumped to save the gang's pokes and let the attacks from Rockets to hit him. Bro what an Iron Back he has haa haa XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here