Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trivia
Notices

Pokémon Trivia Make your own games and trivia, or play games made by other members. Non-Pokémon Trivia goes in the Forum Games forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa

Advertise here

I'm so relieved. I don't even care that there's just 5 Pokemon initially. I was worried that the new Pokemon game would lack story, because that what it looked like just from appearance. (The story is the main reason why I love the first two games to death. : D)

Not to mention a few of the new games from Nintendo have gotten their story dumbed down thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm glad he didn't decide to butt in with Pokemon. It was unlikely, but there was a chance, haha.

I'm definitely going to grab it straight away once it comes out in Australia!
Also, Tara, why didn't you tell me you got a 3DS. :TTTT

Although, from what I've seen, I'm disappointed about how they removed the quiz! I really liked that. : (
CSSdeviantArt • pair
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Well, I guess it's 1 again. Never played this, hopefully it'll be fun :D

Pairs - -
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

The new Mewtwo form (confirmed or not?) is bugging me, I'm not looking forward to seeing it in the games .-.
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
The new Mewtwo form (confirmed or not?) is bugging me, I'm not looking forward to seeing it in the games .-.
Me too. This also brings me back to what I said in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrally View Post
Well, I hope X and Y don't have too many legendaries. It sometimes gets to a point where being a legendary pokemon isn't just special anymore, it's just like, "meh".
I believe 98% of you would agree.

Pairs - -
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Couldn't agree more about the legendary thing! There's just way too many of them now, they lost their 'special factor' a long time ago for me. :(
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
bookishangel

Nature: Gentle
Yep. Kinda hard to believe that back when Red and Blue first came out, legendaries were as prized as shinies are today. Now there's just TOO MANY LEGENDARIES!
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Are shinies even really prized today? There's just way too many of those in circulation too, I don't remember the last time I saw someone desperate to find a shiny haha. Things like RNG make them far too easy to find :(
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryukaa View Post
0.I'm definitely going to grab it straight away once it comes out in Australia!
Also, Tara, why didn't you tell me you got a 3DS. :TTTT
Because I haven't been on Skype since I got it and you're not around PC enough. :(

I know some people who still have never gotten a shiny because they don't do trading or RNGing. So yes, for some people they still are prized. I myself really love it when I see a shiny because I am among those who don't RNG or anything.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
bookishangel

I'm one of them. Only seen 3 random shines in all my years of playing pokemon. Only caught one of them.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Same. I've never RNG'd or hacked for a shiny.
(I tried RNG'ing once, but it confused me too much so I didn't really do anything...)
Anyways, I have met ONE shiny all my hours and years of Pokemon, and I caught it...but then it died because I lost my game. Hopefully I meet another.
My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

RNGed once for a Shiny Feebas. Took several hours. Never did it again. Although I've heard that RNGing on fifth generation is much easier I still don't have enough patience for it.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:11 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Why does October have to be so far away?
I wanna see what shiny fennekin will look like...
My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I'm more interested on what the other Sixth Generation Pokemon are going to look like in general right now.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM
bookishangel

Agreed. We don't want to see new forms or evolutions, we want to see new pokemon!
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Even if it's the region's bird or rat or whatever, I'd rather see them than another forme/evolution of a past Pokemon.
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:20 AM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

All i want is more Dark types :3
POKEMON

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old April 26th, 2013, 05:20 PM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
It's sixteen.
I wonder what Team awaits to be demolished...

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
bookishangel

I'm seriously thinking of going on a 6 month internet hiatus. As they say, out of sight out of mind. If I don't see anything more Pokemon X and Y related, I won't drive myself crazy wanting October to hurry up. Luckily I can keep myself busy nuzlocking all 5 gens.
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I can wait mainly because I don't really have the money to spare and I doubt I really will anytime soon. And I'm not going to preorder yet because I don't know what version exclusive Pokemon I want yet.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
H3115r3p3ntanc3
Trampoliner

Nature: Relaxed

I skipped black and white and b/w2 because of monetary constraints but with a nice job I think I'll manage x or y
A man isn't dead until he is forgotten
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

My siblings and I all preordered either Black or White. As for B/W2 I preordered it and paid it off throughout the time it took for it to arrive. Paying it off $5 at a time was a good idea instead of just paying it all at once.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Anszkz.DkLt
The Semi-Newb

Nature: Brave

Hmm.. I don't have a DS and at my current state of finances, i'll probably 9DS or whatever's Nintendo releases and play whatever vesrion comes up by then so I'll steer the discussion off-course for a while...

Just a random non sequitur yet Pokemon related questions that suddenly popped-up on my mind..
I don't understand why they had to include Ghost-types in the lineup and nerf it so much that it leaves a lot of questions.
  • Do some of you think that they're sort of running out of ideas for Pokemon names?
  • Don't you think it would be awesome for the fans if they gave a not-so-subtle nod to Pokememes? (e.g. There could be a Trainer, a Pokefan, a Pokemaniac, a School Boy, a water-type Gym Leader, or an Elite Four, suddenly say "I LIEK MUDKIPZ" before launching into battle)

Current Challenges
  • Hunger Games Challenge - District 12 - Emerald (0/8)

Last edited by Anszkz.DkLt; May 3rd, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Typos
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Despite Ghost-Types being nerfed I still like them a lot. Being the type with the least amount of Pokemon I'm hoping to see more next generation.

That would be pretty good if they subtly inserted Pokememes into the game, but not sure if they would ever go through with something like that. But as for name ideas I liked a good chunk of the names that they had last generation and the names this generation are (so far) not bad. Guess we'll see in the future what they come up with.
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:28 PM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm

In my very first playthrough of any Pokemon game I had a ghost type in my party. It was pretty fun. Good old first gen times

New Pokemon: as long as there are bad puns there will be new names for Pokemon. It's as easy as it is.

Besides that point: please don't insert any Pokemon related memes in the games. As bad as stupid tutorials and breaking the fourth wall over and over again in the games already is, there's no need in adding another stupid "insider joke".
"You foolishly foolish fool dreaming your foolishly foolish dreams!"
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
24. I've never actually used any ghost types in my team.

I think it's just one of those types I stay away from, I don't know why. Maybe I'll pick up one in my new playthrough.

IGN: Adam
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here