The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:36 AM
tigerBLADE
1000://PowHammers

Nature: Quirky
This idea has been actually brought up before, but, I don't think it caught on. But you know - maybe it can be under some serious consideration, so, what do you guys think of a Pokecommunity Channel on Youtube?

For this channel, I can see that it can mostly cater to Video Gaming needs, for instance, if say, a person created a video walkthrough or Let's Play! on the Let's Play Guides and Reviews board, they can maybe ask to upload it on this Youtube Channel, or, someone else can upload it for them. It can even have more stuff like, uploads of the latest news for Pokemon X&Y, providing gameplay or future walkthroughs, or such.

There can be more stuff this Channel can do.. but, I would love to hear what you guys think of it first. Like said, maybe it can be purely related to Video Games...
But, if you guys have any suggestions, that'd be cool too. Anyways, like asked, what do you guys generally think of this?

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:18 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I am no expert with youtube (I only have been making a video recently for other causes after all, but that's a tangent), but is it possible for people to submit the same video to multiple channels/link them up? Because if not I think it might not work out given people usually want to promote their own videos on their own channel. Unless they resubmit, but even then... in itself it would be harder to organise and duplicate videos doesn't seem ideal in terms of self promoting.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Maybe a pokecommunity playlist then? I know that other member seemed pretty adamant about wanting to make a youtube, and it sparked interest in others, too. However, I would hate for his original idea to get overshadowed as well, so maybe having a neutral pokecommunity youtube that just announces things.. and then people can link to their let's plays in a thread here (or just on the regular forum) and the pokecommunity channel could make playlists or favourites or something from that thread? (Or a few different playlists depending on the category?)
Then a thread with a link to the PC official channel could be made and stickied or put under the rules/ announcements from there? Like it's the main thing that just links to everyone else?

Something like that maybe?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I have some ideas for this and have wanted to do this for a bit. So I am going to bring this into HQ for us to talk about it! :)

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Sorry for the double post, but this is an update for everyone.

This idea has been passed and is currently being worked on and developed by the staff as a whole, so watch this space in the near future. VERY EXCITING! :D

Sponsored Links