The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Most certainly Misty. Do I even need to explain why Misty is my favorite again? xD My second favorite is Iria because I love it when she puts Ash down by calling him a little kid. I will love that forever. My third favorite is May because she's pretty funny and her temper makes me crack up. My least favorite is Dawn because I just don't like her. I don't think I ever liked her honestly.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Misty was the best companion Ash had on his travels. I just loved the friendship between those two. Also, Misty was just a great character with a lot of depth. Misty was the perfect female character for Ash tbh. Even if they were just friends.
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:05 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
this thread needs a poll so there can be a number on this
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:38 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I say they should keep on holding Iris more in the sage because the other girls are like old memories for the anime
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Dawn, of course! She's so funny and cute and quirky, I loved every episode that had her in it. I guess I'm slightly biased because I love the Sinnoh region hands down above the others so anything set there would be more appealing, but I think Dawn really brought a refreshing character change to the show and was a great change from the nagging of Misty and the obviousness of May. Plus Dawn's team mimicked what I'd train pretty much Pokémon-for-Pokémon with one or two exceptions, so I can relate to her! I also love Iris, but she's not had as much time as Dawn yet so we'll see what happens.
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hiroki Okazaki
Pokemon Trainer

I defiantly agree with DBZ fan! Misty was the best!. I love your personal break down of Misty and her traits :D
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:03 PM
MaryW
Unhatched Egg

I like May best. She is beautiful.
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

i think im going to change my previous answer because i now believe that dawn is amazing but may is a close second.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:02 AM
ss501girl
Unhatched Egg

I really loved May the best!She was nice,funny,interesting and pretty
Her storyline was unique and the interactions with Drew and Harley were the best XD
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:48 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
Well, I don't have a favorite. Every girl was unique. I think I'll choose Misty because of nostalgia but all were good!
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:04 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
DBZ fan's comment really breaks down why I thought Misty was the best.

Her fiery personality, dynamic with the group, intelligence, resourcefulness, and motherly tendencies (everything from her kindness, encouragement and even when she sometimes nags Ash and the others) makes her one of the most multi- layered characters I've seen in the anime.

A close second is May. Although Pokemon Contests annoyed me to bits and seemed unnecessary, I'm willing to overlook that in May's case because she went through one of the best developed character arcs I've seen in the anime. Contrary to what we see of her in the beginning, by the end of the Hoenn arc, she found a sense of purpose and independence and when it came to Max, she reminded me of Misty a lot. She really grew as a character (which is more than I can say for Reboot Ketchum.....err....I mean Ash).

I don't know why but everything about Dawn annoyed the hell out of me to the point where the Sinnoh arc took me the longest to watch. Iris, in the anime, is only slightly less annoying and seems to come off as incompetent.

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Personally I think Dawn is the best female companion Ash had. She's not so unlike Ash that he'd find her particularly annoying. There are some particularly tender moments in the Sinnoh generation anime as well which makes me believe that there really WAS chemistry between them, particularly in the start of the journey. While Misty was great for her time, she was always way too mature for Ash. This kind of pushed her into a sort of "Older Sister" role...which doesn't do much for companionship, even if she did care abut him.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old May 7th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Wildlian

Nature: Lax
I would have to say Misty.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
I prefer Misty to be with Ash... The other characters were also okay to me.

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:27 PM
cyndaquil-burns-brightly

Nature: Calm
Did someone actually suggest Iris? She has to be one of the most annoying characters in whole series. She kept calling ash a kid despite all his world traveling and encounters with legendary pokemon. Plus her dragonite is a joke to all dragonites everwhere. C'mon, a pissed off, over the top dragon?
On another note, Misty has been the only friend that has bonded closer to Ash and Brock and Tracey.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:20 AM
kuroki
Unhatched Egg

I choose Hikari/Dawn. Haruka/May comes in a close second. But overall I like Hikari/Dawn more because she is other than being basically a female version of Satoshi/Ash, she's pretty and cute too.
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
Maaay! She's quirky and adorable. I loved her interactions with Ash and how close they'd gotten by the end of their travels. :3

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:04 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I think Misty fit in very well with the group but my actual favourite was May, she just made me laugh the most and I loved her little quirks
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:15 PM
swiftgallade46
Legend

Nature: Naive
I definitely like May the most because I think she was developed the best as a character. Also, her Pokemon had the best personalities IMO. I mean, most of Misty's pokemon were bland (Staryu, Starmie, Gyarados, Goldeen, Horsea) and Iris barely has any to begin with. However, I do hold Misty close to my heart because she herself had a great personality. My other reason for liking May is that she had a true goal whereas Misty did not and Iris' "Dragon Master" goal is just very poorly developed especially when half her team is non-dragon to begin with. Dawn is great too, but she wasn't around long enough and, therefore, didn't get as much development as the other three who got Orange Islands/ Johto, the Battle Frontier, and the Decolora Islands in addition to their respective home-regions.
and ever
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:24 PM
bulbasir
Just call me Mr. Sir...

Misty because I loved it when she would grab Brock's ear haha
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Sar.
Unhatched Egg

I'm totally old school, it will always be Misty for me. The perfect companion for Ash.
They had quite a fiery relationship, ups and downs but they had a lot of chemistry. Their friendship grew and they became quite close as a result. Imo nobody could ever replace her. ♥
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Without being totally nostalgic about things, I genuinely think Misty was the best central female character to appear throughout the entire series. I just couldn't quite like May or Dawn (at least, what I saw of them) due to the relatively silly reason that they basically added filler episodes by participating in contests and whatnot. Frankly I did not give a CRAP about contests, and so I couldn't respect their desires and aspirations. Misty generally was an interesting character without annoying me by generally creating needless extra episodes.

I know that there are generally DOZENS of episodes in any given series of Pokémon and I acknowledge that Misty had her share of episodes devoted to her that didn't necessarily add much to the plot of 'get the badges, get to the League!', however I just think she at least trumps May and Dawn as a trainer and as a character.

I can't speak much for Iris as I've seen very little of Best Wishes, but I have a feeling she'd take second place before May and Dawn, anyway.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:49 PM
Draco Razr
Elite Dragon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
The best girl to travel with Ash is definitely Misty. A competitive gym leader as a battling partner would suit Ash better than coordinators May and Dawn. Iris may be a Dragon trainer but I would say she is still young and not as skilled as Misty. I may be biased in my opinion as I have watched Pokémon ever since I was a little kid so I really miss her in the anime. I understand that the personalities of the other girls are quite similar but I doubt they could ever replace Misty.

Feel free to chat/message me anytime, I love to talk!

Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
precita

Probably May or Iris. Misty didn't do much in the series after a while and she hardly battled.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Misty. She and Ash had some chemistry, friend and opponent wise.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links