Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Advertise here
I know that people will say that they're supposed to be weak because they're the typical kid show villains (ALWAYS being defeated), but does anyone think that Team Rocket need to be stronger?

Personally, I do. I think that they should start by bringing some old Pokémon back (namely Arbok and Weezing; the Ekans and Koffing they were guarding must have surely became strong enough to defend themselves), as well as letting them capture a few Pokémon and have a decent rotation.

Also, I think it would be a great plot twist if Ash could catch a Pokémon that didn't like him too much; train it for a little while and then have it join Team Rocket and STAY on their side. That would cause some very interesting character interactions for whatever arc it takes place in.

Additionally, I think that Cacnea should come back, or maybe a non-grass type like Growlie.

But yeah, I think that Team Rocket is weak (even for a comic relief team), and that they should finally start defeating Ash in at least a few of their encounters. Does anyone else agree?

Spoiler:
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Hmm? Are you keeping up with the anime? Or are you watching something else? They've certainly become stronger and more competent. They've been actually presented as a legitimate threat to Ash&co lately. I mean they've been competent throughout Unova, but lately the writes have been reviving their old personalities and alternate goals to make them more well-rounded and interesting characters. And they're fairly powerful and sneaky and acting intelligently. They've been amazing lately, and seem to only be getting better.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I agree with you because say their real reputation is starting to come in current Unova. They are being more serious and less funny which I like
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
Hmm? Are you keeping up with the anime? Or are you watching something else? They've certainly become stronger and more competent. They've been actually presented as a legitimate threat to Ash&co lately. I mean they've been competent throughout Unova, but lately the writes have been reviving their old personalities and alternate goals to make them more well-rounded and interesting characters. And they're fairly powerful and sneaky and acting intelligently. They've been amazing lately, and seem to only be getting better.
I'll admit that I didn't watch too much of the Unova saga... Just wasn't my cup of tea. I've mainly been watching the Sinnoh arc as I didn't watch too much of that either... I do know that Woobat is quite a good battler, though. Then again, how many times have Team Rocket managed to screw up a Pokémon that you think would be a good battler.

But it's good to know that they're finally posing a threat to Ash and Co.; after 13 series, it's about darn time. Heck, I might even start watching the anime again now because of this; badguys who are competent after all of this time.

And now that I think of it, Unova was meant to be a bit of a reboot, so that's probably why they've been given new personalities and such. Hopefully the new Team Rocket will stick around and not just slowly become their old selves again. I still want to see some of their older Pokémon return, though.

Spoiler:
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Well the thing was that they were all cold and professional and pretty much emotionless for a lot of the series, but then Things Happened and they started getting back to their old selves while still remaining pretty good at what they try to do.

I can see where you're coming from, though- Sinnoh!TR were definitely just a no-longer-funny joke. And it was sad. But they've def started being handled better.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM
alienhunterx

That reminds e about the opening theme of N arc where they are seen with Looker. What do you say guys? Are they helping him thrash Team Plasma or what?
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I feel like Team Rocket was at their strongest during Kanto and Johto. In Hoenn and Sinnoh, I didn't find them to be strong at all. Maybe because they got rid of Weezing and Arbok? Im not sure, but in Unova they are pretty strong. In fact, they might be the strongest they have ever been in the whole series.
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
I must keep up to date with the more recent episodes. I did hear that they became more competent recently. It should be interesting to see.

To OP, I love all of your ideas. So cool & fresh!

❤ 18
Old April 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
i think they should be more powerful, but also still defeatable. i too have just started watching unova and i like that they are serious, but i also miss theyre bombastic personalities in previous sagas. i nice blend of that would be good i suppose
"No need to worry!" -- Dawn
SoulSilver: 4256 2377 0912
Platinum: 3483 1978 7658
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:04 PM
alienhunterx

Well if you have watched the current episodes regularly, you will notice that after the Meleotta event in the Undersea Temple episodes, they have gone back to their old selves a bit just like old times
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
One of the things the Unova saga did right was make Team Rocket stronger and smarter, and having them not appear in every episode allows for more focus on Ash and his adventures. They were like the Team Plasma of the saga before the actual Team Plasma started showing up. They're less bumbling, but as of late seem to be showing hints of their goofy side again, which makes me happy. I kinda miss old comical Team Rocket, appearing in every episode, however little their role may be. xD
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:36 PM
Zoegrace1

Hmmm....

Yeah, I do think there should be a episode where Ash has a Pokemon that he trains for a while, not too long, and then goes over to Team Rocket. If say the Pokemon that goes over to TR was example, Ash's Chikorita, it would be too much of a blow.
Ash you demented nub.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:34 PM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
Team Rocket is stronger than ever in the new episodes! I like the fact that they dont appear in every episode!
3DS Friend Code: 2595 0605 8229

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Okay, yes, they were ~formally weak~ in Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Upon the end of Sinnoh, however, they got a new mission for Unova and they thus became stronger, darker, and more BA. Until "New Places...Familiar Faces" that is, which is when they reverted back to their old ways. Also, Growlie is more of a pet to James and the only way he can get his Cacnea back is if he goes back to Sinnoh, which is highly unlikely. He also released his Weezing. Jessie also released her Arbok, but chances of them getting these Pokemon back could happen I guess. Not bad ideas, though.
She had gold hair the color of money and red eyes, the color of blood.
Oxidation--resident darkness angel. Pairs! Call me: Pala, Yuki or Melissa.
Ever Grande City! My Normal Twitter My OS-tan obsession Twitter!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:39 PM
alienhunterx

Well as the theory suggests you cannot get the Poke which you released so I am afraid they never gonna get back Weezing or Arbok in the anime
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Zixius
Unhatched Egg

Instead of a return of their former pokemon why not some new powerful ones? Maybe Garbador and Mandibuzz, for example. Or at lest have Yamask and Woobat evolve.
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I like Yamask as it is, but Woobat could evolve and then both Jessie and James would have an evolved an unevolved Pokémon. And there's been some speculation with a basis in fact that Wobbuffet will be coming back. And Wobbu is really, really powerful when Jessie remembers how to use him.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Zixius
Unhatched Egg

I'd like to have Wobbuffet back. As long as Jessie can use it to its full potential and its more serious. It can still pop unexpectedly out of its pokeball. Just not as often.
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:27 AM
alienhunterx

Don't worry they will evolve just like old Koffing and Ekans who took many episodes to evolve. Also I will also like to vote for Wobbuffet to come back in the anime
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I'm not sure they will though. Or if I want them to. Yes, they'd be stronger, but they're pretty strong already. And I'd like them to have some personality before we see them evolve so it's not just like "oh ok they're evolved now" it's like "OH HEY COOL LOOK THEY EVOLVED!"
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here