The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

View Poll Results: How is this game?
AWESOME! 1 14.29%
Good. 3 42.86%
Bad... 1 14.29%
DON'T EVER SHOW YOUR FACE ON POKECOMMUNITY AGAIN! 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:14 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Hello everyone! Back in December of 2012, I was a newbie to PC, and I made this thread for this game (it was closed because it was wrong section. The game was a demo and only took you to the first gym, and it ended....Well, five months later, I have completed the full game and put it in the correct section also! The reason I started this project was because I got Pokemon White two years ago and I thought "How cool would that be to make a game!". I Googled for about a year and a half until I found ROM Hacking. I made two hacks, one a hack of FireRed for ThunderYellow, but it was a poor remake (I never played Yellow. I didn't know what I was thinking, except I was creating a game), because the only differences were that the starter was Pikachu and shortcuts between caves and mountains (I hated those). My second ROM hack was an incomplete hack of FireRed, intended for Aloma, but my computer died, and I lost everything, including my hope to make a good game people would play. But then I was Googling, and I came across Pokemon Essentials and RMXP, and it all began there.

A new story, in a new region...


History of Aloma:
Shortly after Unova gained a new Champion, Nate, other Pokemon Trainers became inspired to become strong and maybe rival Nates's power. Those trainers migrated to a new land, some included Tyranus, Ben, Slyres, and others. Aloma quickly became home to many.

Main Characters:

Jake-Boy Character

Leah-Girl Character


Tyranus-Founder of Aloma, Pokemon Professor, ChampioN

Plot:____________________________________________________________________
A new trainer has risen! Trek through the Aloma Region battling fierce Gym Leaders, and the Evil Team Venom! Attempt to complete your PokeDex, and face off against your rival Leon, and many familiar friends in the Aloma League Conference!

Features (In current version):_______________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Up to Hoenn) (Hosted in Aloma League Conference)
Show off between Team Venom and a familiar Team...
12 Catch able legendary Pokemon
6 Obtainable Master Balls
Many Post-game adventures

Features to expect in next version:___________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Complete)

Screenshots:_____________________________________________________________
Spoiler:


Current Game Contests:____________________________________________________
Contest: First Person to Complete the Game (will have to show proof) will get a spot in the Aloma League Conference, with their team and trainer class of their choice!
Winner: None yet
Availability: OPEN

Lets Play Videos:__________________________________________________________
COMING SOON

Credits:__________________________________________________________________
BenGames, Films, And More!-Scripting, Sprites, Music, Tilesets
Carmaniac-Title Menu Script
Pokemon Company-Some Sprites, Music
Maruno-Pokemon Essentials
FL-Sprites
Rick1234-Tilesets,Sprites
CNG-Tilesets
RPG Maker XP

Downloads:_______________________________________________________________
Version 1.0
And install this to enhance game play
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Last edited by BenGames,Films, and More!; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Fixed video
  #2    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:51 AM
Varion Bluefire's Avatar
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
No offence.
But these sprites are terrible, look at the official ones your using then, look at yours.

Can you not see how bad they are? Try not to use MS Paint colours, and try to add more then 2 shades per Color.
Also; a lot of them are badly resized.

I'd comment on gameplay, but I'm not playing it. Graphics are a major key to me, and these sprites have turned me off from playing.

My apologies.
__________________
  #3    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:56 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
No offence.
But these sprites are terrible, look at the official ones your using then, look at yours.

Can you not see how bad they are? Try not to use MS Paint colours, and try to add more then 2 shades per Color.
Also; a lot of them are badly resized.

I'd comment on gameplay, but I'm not playing it. Graphics are a major key to me, and these sprites have turned me off from playing.

My apologies.
I agree, graphics are a major key, but are you talking about the overworlds or trainer sprites? Feedback is awesome, even if it is negative.
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
  #4    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:37 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Female
This is true, I won't be playing it either, not for the reason of graphics, but, I don't understand your OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Features (In current version):_______________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Up to Hoenn) (Hosted in Aloma League Conference)
Obtain at least ten legendary Pokemon (Obtain seven Master Balls as well)
Show off between Team Venom and a familiar Team...
12 Catch able legendary Pokemon
6 Obtainable Master Balls
Many Post-game adventures
I don't get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Plot:____________________________________________________________________
A new trainer has risen! Trek through the Aloma Region battling fierce Gym Leaders, and the Evil Team Venom! Attempt to complete your PokeDex, and face off against your rival Leon, and many familiar friends in the Aloma League Conference!
Familiar friends? In all fairness, after HG/SS, I stopped following Pokémon... And I haven't played HG/SS for many years now... So all these "familiar" faces, are not faces I know of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Screenshots:_____________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
I don't want to know what you're doing to that Eevee...
The yellow man looks a little odd...
I like Prof.Oak looking a little older though...
The battle has gone back to Gen I style, doesn't look too bad either...
The gym leader is oddly shaped, what did you do to him?!
Oh wait, I just got to the last screenshot, is that not meant to be Prof. Oak?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Current Game Contests:____________________________________________________
Contest: First Person to Complete the Game (will have to show proof) will get a spot in the Aloma League Conference, with their team and trainer class of their choice!
Winner: None yet
Availability: OPEN
Good idea, but how would I show you proof? Let us know.
Why does it have to be a race to beat the game, are we not allowed to explore the region you've created... Do we not have to grind a little to level Pokémon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Lets Play Videos:__________________________________________________________
COMING SOON
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Downloads:_______________________________________________________________
Version 1.0
And install this to enhance game play
I won't be downloading that thanks, I don't know what it is, you could be giving me a virus :O why would you give me a virus I haven't done anything to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Features to expect in next version:___________________________________________
Pokemon World Tournament (Complete)
I'm assuming then, that this is when players complete the game... You will add them here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Plot:____________________________________________________________________
A new trainer has risen! Trek through the Aloma Region battling fierce Gym Leaders, and the Evil Team Venom! Attempt to complete your PokeDex, and face off against your rival Leon, and many familiar friends in the Aloma League Conference!
Who are the Evil Team Venom, you don't mention them anywhere, I think, I didn't notice a hidden link anyway... If this game is a race to the finish, why would I attempt the PokéDex challenge... What's Aloma League Conference?

I like to give people incentive to progress... So here's mine to you, touch up a few things, for a start, I'd like more info, lot's of info, so much info that it's almost as if I'm reading a script for a movie... Not really, but you get the idea... Info that doesn't contradict itself, like what you've done with the Legendaries and Master Balls... A completed game in 5 months... Impressive, but it shows... I've said to people in the past, don't rush, and that seems exactly what you have done... I can imagine errors all over the place, do I want to take a chance on that, in case I forget to save after a gym and rival battle that took me 4 attempts to beat, no... That download to enhance game play, um, what is it?

The good thing about this is, you've completed a game which will push others to do the same.

I do hope you get many followers who, despite mine and Varions criticisms, play and complete this game, with no problems and have fun doing so... Until I see further progress, this is just another game I will lurk in the backgrounds and comment where I feel necessary... Obviously I have a few concerns, hopefully I get answers or pointed in the right direction on the answers, so the concerns can fade away. Good luck nonetheless.
  #5    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:05 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
This is true, I won't be playing it either, not for the reason of graphics, but, I don't understand your OP...


I don't get it?


Familiar friends? In all fairness, after HG/SS, I stopped following Pokémon... And I haven't played HG/SS for many years now... So all these "familiar" faces, are not faces I know of...


I don't want to know what you're doing to that Eevee...
The yellow man looks a little odd...
I like Prof.Oak looking a little older though...
The battle has gone back to Gen I style, doesn't look too bad either...
The gym leader is oddly shaped, what did you do to him?!
Oh wait, I just got to the last screenshot, is that not meant to be Prof. Oak?!


Good idea, but how would I show you proof? Let us know.
Why does it have to be a race to beat the game, are we not allowed to explore the region you've created... Do we not have to grind a little to level Pokémon?


...


I won't be downloading that thanks, I don't know what it is, you could be giving me a virus :O why would you give me a virus I haven't done anything to you


I'm assuming then, that this is when players complete the game... You will add them here?


Who are the Evil Team Venom, you don't mention them anywhere, I think, I didn't notice a hidden link anyway... If this game is a race to the finish, why would I attempt the PokéDex challenge... What's Aloma League Conference?

I like to give people incentive to progress... So here's mine to you, touch up a few things, for a start, I'd like more info, lot's of info, so much info that it's almost as if I'm reading a script for a movie... Not really, but you get the idea... Info that doesn't contradict itself, like what you've done with the Legendaries and Master Balls... A completed game in 5 months... Impressive, but it shows... I've said to people in the past, don't rush, and that seems exactly what you have done... I can imagine errors all over the place, do I want to take a chance on that, in case I forget to save after a gym and rival battle that took me 4 attempts to beat, no... That download to enhance game play, um, what is it?

The good thing about this is, you've completed a game which will push others to do the same.

I do hope you get many followers who, despite mine and Varions criticisms, play and complete this game, with no problems and have fun doing so... Until I see further progress, this is just another game I will lurk in the backgrounds and comment where I feel necessary... Obviously I have a few concerns, hopefully I get answers or pointed in the right direction on the answers, so the concerns can fade away. Good luck nonetheless.
You're correct about the post being confusing. :/ That screenie with the Eevee wasn't supposed to look like that, and I'm not trying to give you a virus, the game won't work If you don't download it.
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
  #6    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
~Anbuja's Avatar
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Snorlax Stomach
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
Familiar friends? In all fairness, after HG/SS, I stopped following Pokémon... And I haven't played HG/SS for many years now... So all these "familiar" faces, are not faces I know of...
By all honesty that is not his fault, I didn't follow Pokemon after Hg/Ss either.
He is not to blame.
Also if he puts there a virus then he gets banned, why would he put a virus then?

Also on topic:
The graphics need really improvements, most of the tiles are just thrown on the maps without a little structure.
The bodyguards make kind of no sense, they're not protecting anything.
You actually used a female body sprite for a man. HeShe?
The postion you've took behind the eevee is really concerning XD
And the textbox looks really weird with that transparency.

I won't play it not for the reason I don't like it but its been a very long time since I've played any RPGXP game.
But if it is really complete after 5 months then cudos to you, but by all honesty I really doubt that in 5 months someone is able to make a really good quality game.
I see alot of improvement in this.
I hope this all isn't discouraging to you, but you should'nt stop working on this game, try maybe to rework some stuff of it, and Im sure there will eb someone who is going to certainly enjoy this.

Good luck~
__________________
  #7    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:45 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
By all honesty that is not his fault, I didn't follow Pokemon after Hg/Ss either.
He is not to blame.
Also if he puts there a virus then he gets banned, why would he put a virus then?

Also on topic:
The graphics need really improvements, most of the tiles are just thrown on the maps without a little structure.
The bodyguards make kind of no sense, they're not protecting anything.
You actually used a female body sprite for a man. HeShe?
The postion you've took behind the eevee is really concerning XD
And the textbox looks really weird with that transparency.

I won't play it not for the reason I don't like it but its been a very long time since I've played any RPGXP game.
But if it is really complete after 5 months then cudos to you, but by all honesty I really doubt that in 5 months someone is able to make a really good quality game.
I see alot of improvement in this.
I hope this all isn't discouraging to you, but you should'nt stop working on this game, try maybe to rework some stuff of it, and Im sure there will eb someone who is going to certainly enjoy this.

Good luck~
Lol for the eevee. I will remove it, but the guy who took the screenies (my friend) claims the eevee moved right before he took it. I will edit the male OW. And the screenies with the body guards, the player was in the Aloma League Conference, basically the Aloma version of the White House.
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Last edited by BenGames,Films, and More!; May 2nd, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
  #8    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Varion Bluefire's Avatar
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Trainer sprites and Overworlds.

They're both terrible.
The trainer sprites are clearly recolours and bad resized.
And the overworlds you harsh MS Paint Colours.
__________________
  #9    
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Trainer sprites and Overworlds.

They're both terrible.
The trainer sprites are clearly recolours and bad resized.
And the overworlds you harsh MS Paint Colours.
Thank you for feedback! I will sure take some time to update them in second version.
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
  #10    
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
demonta4's Avatar
demonta4
President of Demonta Games
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: atlanta,ga
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Shouldn't this be in the game showcase?

Shouldn't this be in the games showcase?

Shouldn't this be in the games showcase?

Shouldn't this be in the games showcase?

Last edited by demonta4; July 7th, 2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #11    
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Read the rules, and don't post in threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months.

Closed.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.