• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
While talking movie trailers, there's the Hunger Games Catching Fire teaser trailer out now.

Oh, and I just saw some of the new show Hannibal. I can't believe it's made by the same guy who did Pushing Daisies. But I can. I love how everything has a kind of late 70s / early 80s style despite being a modern show.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Am I the only one underwhelmed by the trailer? It just fails to get any sort of real reaction out of me, and I say this as a pretty big Superman fan.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Am I the only one underwhelmed by the trailer? It just fails to get any sort of real reaction out of me, and I say this as a pretty big Superman fan.

Hmm yeah me too, I mean Superman has lost some of his old 'style' here, and I don't really see much pep put into this. So you're not alone.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Nope, you are most definitely not the only one. But I'm not a big Superman fan at all. My biggest Super-memory is probably watching Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman as a 6-year-old! It's probably the only reason I know who Dean Cain is.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've never been a Superman fan whatsoever either, though there is a cartoon I recall watching as a child that had a pretty cool Superman in it. He was alright! Of course, the name escapes me, as per usual. But anyway, this movie is looking pretty good regardless. It's definitely not number one on my summer movie list but it's there. After Earth deeeefinitely has that spot!

Years
I've never been a Superman fan whatsoever either, though there is a cartoon I recall watching as a child that had a pretty cool Superman in it. He was alright! Of course, the name escapes me, as per usual. But anyway, this movie is looking pretty good regardless. It's definitely not number one on my summer movie list but it's there. After Earth deeeefinitely has that spot!

Interesting that After Earth moved up a week so as to not conflict too much with Superman. ;D Hehe.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I just had a look at After Earth, as I hadn't heard of it until now and this is the first sentence that worried me:
It is co-written, produced and directed by M. Night Shyamalan
The premise of it sounds very interesting, and I will always enjoy Will Smith in anything he's in, but I just have to be wary of anything that has M. Night Shyayalanalalaman's name on it, for obvious reasons. Is this year the year of the futuristic/abandoned Earth movie or something?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Yeah, I was turned off at first because of Shamaylan, but it might not be all that bad, considering what I've seen from trailers. Maybe he can break his streak of absolutely terrible movies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Providing Will Smith has trained his young Padawan well in the arts of acting, this could be a huge blockbuster! Unless Shmymynaanlan gets his own way and turns it into a big budget, unofficial remake of Lost or something.

Years
When I saw the trailer for this I wasn't really paying attention and said "I guess they couldn't get Will Smith for this, but they got a guy who looks kind of like him." He's so predictable with the movies he makes it's kind of sad since I want to like him, but I haven't seen anything with him in it I've liked since Pursuit of Happyness.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Considering he took a four year break from 2008 to early 2012, Will hasn't been in that much since Pursuit of Happyness, soooooo

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Nah, I think he was busy being a father & raising his kids to replace him when he retires or something, lol.

Years
I gotta say it weirds me out a little when actors have kids, like not yet adult kids, who also act. I wonder if they're doing it because they want to or because their parents want them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back