The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Did anyone else find this part of the game annoying? I hated how you had to go to each exact square like twice.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
UltraPyrus
Wizu Wizu!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to UltraPyrus
It's so annoying! I didn't know what to do so I'm pretty sure I did about 100 calls x:
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Twice?

You had to visit ten out of fifteen squares once each, then you got to return the device. The thing that's annoying is that it's then only active in any one area at a time (when you can call your - ahem - lover), forcing you to run all over the map over and over (and, occasionally, swearing at a breeder).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The event did get a bit annoying given you had to call them 50 times to access the trades but if you're patient and remember the locations it's well worth it.

Not to mention all of the good Pokemon you can get out of the trades have their Hidden Abilities and some are even exclusive to players of a certain gender.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
mozartm99

Thats another problem, you have to remember were all the squares are.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I want to marry Curtis. ;n;
He's so cute and silly and he likes to fish which makes me think of home (Louisiana) and he has green ish hair and he's cute and stuff and rich and can buy me nice things. <3

But I find it fun, actually! It's like a little mini adventure to find and meet a friend you made by accident, who happens to be a big Unova celebrity! Plus the Pokemon are all cute that you get from them. <3
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:21 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Sure, I found it to be a bit of a tedious task as well, but some of the Pokemon that you can get through trading with Yancy/Curtis is well worth it (and each of the Pokemon are holding a food item from another region that can be sold for a couple thousands dollars to the lady just outside of Nimbasa).
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I found it annoying and very Repetive to open up the Yancy/Curtis Trades but actually wroth the process because the pokemon you can get from them are awesome.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
As a matter of fact, it's one of my favorite features, and even though I never shipped anyone ever in Pokemon, I really, really like the romance bit. I mean, he even starts blushing at some point, how cute is that? For the first ten calls before you return his phone, I googled the exact spots, and then I just went all over Unova just to be able to call him. I don't know, it was more fun than grinding if you ask me.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
mozartm99

I guess it is something that is worth wasting time on in the after game. And I do agree that you can get some pretty good mons from them.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Forever
let it go

I found it annoying since I still haven't met him! But when he does call it's like "daym what's happening-oh!" I hope I will find him one day on my journey~~
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I found it annoying since I still haven't met him! But when he does call it's like "daym what's happening-oh!" I hope I will find him one day on my journey~~
Seriously? There are guides as to the spots you can go to, all 15 shown in pictures in some of them.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

I thought it was a horribly designed sidequest which had no challenge to it whatsoever and just made you walk around to random places with no variety.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here