Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Hacked Pokemon are Pokemon made or modified in certain software. Usually, people hack illegal shininess, PokeRus or IVs (stats). There are very few signs of pokemon being illegal when viewing its summary and experienced hackers can avoid them well, but www.pokecheck.org is a great place to check legality.

If you trade by GTS, you want to check those Pokemon. GTS is full of hacks, unfortunately.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:11 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Check out: The rules and The Hack Report.
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:12 PM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Ah right, I can see why people some people don't want them now!

I think I'll stick to trading on here for the time being, hopefully you guys don't sent me a hacked one! D:
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:14 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

I'd never deal in hacked Pokemon intenitionally, I hate hacking.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
For the most part, any established trade shop is gonna be safe. They usually know what to look for, or have someone check for them, so trading here is pretty nice. Most new shops won't offer hacks either, and if it does, it's usually caught pretty quickly, if not during the approval process.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

However, if you do receive any hacked Pokemon and the person did it intentionally and does not want to trade back, always always always let me or another trade moderator know.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Thanks a bunch guys, you certainly are helping me out and looking out for the new guy!
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:07 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

No problem, feel free to ask other questions too. We are happy to help :D
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Join the IRC channel as well. It's fun, too!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Some additional information and the link to our IRC chat can be found here. You can also ask for live help here, though at certain times the room will be quiet cuz a lot of us will be asleep haha.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 29th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Sir Mister
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Just to check my understanding, as well, it seems that Hacking is a no no (and for me personally, a big one), and the number one way to check it is via Pokecheck, though that is by no means a guarantee. In the same way that a very well done counterfeit can pass as legal tender, and using it isn't inherently doing something wrong (it's legal tender for all intents and purposes) and the only person actually guilty of wrongdoing is the person creating it, if a hacked pokemon escapes your notice but ends up being traded to someone else who catches it, as long as you seek to rectify the situation you're probably fine. On the other hand, creating such monstrosities and trading them or failing to rectify the situation when a hacked pokemon is discovered will get you in trouble.

Conversely, cloning pokemon is not just acceptable to some members of the community, it's understood as a normal practice for those who want to collect event and legendary pokemon, though you should make sure the person you're trading with is aware the pokemon in question is cloned and is ok with that before proceeding with the trade. When dealing in cloned pokemon setting rules regarding redistribution (redis) is doubly important, as (eventually) having dozens or more copies of a pokemon floating around with someone's OT can get them in trouble. Go figure, the same resource, pokecheck, appears to be the easiest way to clone a pokemon as well.

Does all that sound about right?
Awesome "Avatar" picture (get it, it's a pun!) by =Qinni

Old April 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Yes that is correct. However the easiest way to clone a Pokemon is actually through an Action Replay, though some people are extra stingy and will only take GTS glitch clones, which means they won't take cloned events.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mister View Post
Just to check my understanding, as well, it seems that Hacking is a no no (and for me personally, a big one), and the number one way to check it is via Pokecheck, though that is by no means a guarantee. In the same way that a very well done counterfeit can pass as legal tender, and using it isn't inherently doing something wrong (it's legal tender for all intents and purposes) and the only person actually guilty of wrongdoing is the person creating it, if a hacked pokemon escapes your notice but ends up being traded to someone else who catches it, as long as you seek to rectify the situation you're probably fine. On the other hand, creating such monstrosities and trading them or failing to rectify the situation when a hacked pokemon is discovered will get you in trouble.

Conversely, cloning pokemon is not just acceptable to some members of the community, it's understood as a normal practice for those who want to collect event and legendary pokemon, though you should make sure the person you're trading with is aware the pokemon in question is cloned and is ok with that before proceeding with the trade. When dealing in cloned pokemon setting rules regarding redistribution (redis) is doubly important, as (eventually) having dozens or more copies of a pokemon floating around with someone's OT can get them in trouble. Go figure, the same resource, pokecheck, appears to be the easiest way to clone a pokemon as well.

Does all that sound about right?
You can really only clone Pokemon with your OT after you register your game save using Pokecheck. You cannot clone others Pokemon since it will attach a Premier Ribbon to the Pokemon, therefore making it illegal to trade here. Only the Pokemon with the OT's of the game saves you register yourself can be cloned without the ribbon being attached.
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:31 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Oops, I neglected to mention that :P Thanks EV. To add on, I condemn downloading other people's .pkm files to get around this for trading. Though there is no way to tell, I'd ask everyone to take the moral highroad. Also, I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm fine with you downloading Pokemon off of Pokecheck to use as breeding parents, but only as long as you release them when you are finished with them.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 29th, 2013, 11:01 PM
PokeMastro

Nature: Relaxed
Hi! I'm new to this website and I don't really know where to go for simple trades I feel like everybody wants event pokemon and here I am trying to trade some Snivys for other starters, ~RNC~ was nice enough to trade me a Ditto so that I could breed Snivys, but I don't know how to go about finding people for non Legendary/Event pokemon..
Pokemon Black FC: 1765 3340 7108
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Hi and welcome!

Just post in Quick Trade Thread. I'm pretty sure someone will have the Pokemon you need and won't want something extraordinary or will just give the desired Pokemon for free. Everybody was a newcomer one day and fortunately for you, some of us still remember those days

Good luck and have fun

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

I still do remember those days~
And yes, I was missing for some time again @_@
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:08 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Musicaaaaa, have you been too busy again? :(
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Yes and No D:
Yes because I just left work and still doing clearance stuff + take-home editing work

No (sometimes) because I am playing that new Monster Hunter game on the 3DS. I'm still playing Pokemon, I haven't caught that damn Regi yet. >_<
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Eh, forget Monster Hunter :P Come back to us. How is Monster Hunter anyhow? I didn't really like the demo.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

The process of moving my pokemon for event trading is proving to be rather long. Also, my computer is consistently derping the internet connection. I am working on my shop still, but it won't be ready within the week I said before.

I am very much looking forward to getting my shop going at full speed again. I decided to keep my old shop, cuz I like the name and it has a high post count already. Getting a new banner made for it would just be a hassle.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!

Last edited by Necrum; May 2nd, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

That's unfortunate D: I was looking forward to seeing you reopen. I hope your internet problem is fixed or somehow fixes itself.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Champloo
RNG Expert

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champloo
So I'm looking for some distributors for my next giveaway, any takers? Lol short and to the point.

Really going to need help with distributing the Pokemon I'll be offering for the next giveaway as it is quite a few. Of course their are 'rewards' so if anyone is interested let me know. Different time zones are greatly needed and if you can clone yourself that's even better

RNG, the skill for the well informed
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

VMed you earlier that I can help

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Champloo
RNG Expert

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champloo
Really? I just checked and don't see anything unless I'm blind?

Or you're probably not even talking to me O_o... lol

RNG, the skill for the well informed
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here