The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Yankas

Garchomp - while certainly not the worst design, most others at least do not show up in competitive battles much.

Honorable mentions: Magmortar, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Empoleon, Purugly, Chatot, Luxray-line
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Bronzong, for looking weird and being truly annoying enemy Pokemon.
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Bidoof... Kill it please. Whenever I see one in the wild, I think to run. But then I get a better idea. KO it so that the abomination no longer roams the Pokéverse. I hate Bidoof so much; it's design, it's cry, it's encounter rate. I'd erase it, and it's hideous evolution.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:26 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Phione, as a few others above me said. I would've liked it if it was able to evolve into Manaphy, but I can understand why GameFreak did it.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
mdbarton80
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Even though I used him I could never really give any love to bronzor. He just was never aesthetically pleasing to me and did not really ever seem to fit into my team other than just a meat stick. I like their idea of putting out his type early, but it just felt half hearted and not fully thought out. Could just be my play style though.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
foullump
Rom Hacking Guru

Nature: Calm
I often find myself hating on the sinnoh pokemon (for good reasons) since I'm kind of an old school player. I was pretty happy with the Hoenn pokemon at first, and after a while they grew on me, and now they're just an integral part of pokemon. I feel sort of the same about the Sinnoh pokemon. There's a few that I could do without. I don't really care for any of the starter pokemon. I think Starley's family is just a copy of Pidgey, and bidoof is just another zigzagoon. I am not totally against new pokemon, because I think some of them are neat, like Dusknoir, Magnezone or a few others. I just can't take them making MORE pokemon after this. I haven't even felt the desire to play B/W for that reason...
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
UltraPyrus
Wizu Wizu!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to UltraPyrus
Burmy. It's just a stupid Pokemon with very weak stats, and it's design doesn't really make any sense either.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Aurora
stick it in ze boot

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
Bidoof

All Bidoof is is either an early-game annoyance or a future HM slave. By eliminating Bidoof, we also remove Bibarel, which is an equally awful Pokemon. Both are incredibly painfully common and once you've caught one, you really don't want to encounter any more. Yet the game throws them at you anyway.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
Chingling. It's cute but totally unnecessary and not memorable whatsoever. I honestly forget this guy exists sometimes. v_v;

Old May 6th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Hidden Power

Probopass... what the @#$%& is that mustache?
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
Burmy and ESPECIALLY Bidoof, they are just so annoying...

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
AniRain
Goddess of Storms

Nature: Relaxed
Hm.. To be honest: the first ones I'd relieve the game of would be Purugly, Magmortar, Ambipom, the finneon line, Probopass and Lickilicky. I'm not really all to fond of these. All of them save the Finneon line don't really look all that good on the eye. And to me, Magmortar seems a little out of place - It doesn't seem to fit all that well into the Magmar line like Electevire fits into the Electebuzz line. Finneon line just appears as useless as Ratatta to me in all honesty (that's because I had an Empoleon - which is a BOSS pokemon).
In terms of battle stats and all that, I'd say Infernape - having leveled it to 100, its attack and speed are all good, but its DEFENCE good lord - even when I bought god knows how many Irons it didn't really do too much. I'm not all that sure on the Rotom-Possessed Appliances either... I was stuck on the fact that Rotom gaining a second type after losing it's ghost type ability was something stupid or something unique...
Besides that really, I can't think of too many Pokemon I want removing

Get Ready,
Here Comes:
The Storm!
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
Tangrowth and Lickilicky.

Two uneccessary evolutions and I just do not like their sprites or their anything else.

IGN: Adam
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links