• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Your favourite Legendary

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I have to choose between Kyogre and Registeel. Registeel had amazing defense and made a good member of my team for a short time. But, Kyogre takes the cake. Why? He can obliterate any other third generation legendary. Teach him ice beam, Rayquaza is down. Teach him any water move, there goes Groudon, Regirock, and Jirachi pretty easily. Teach him Brick Break, everything else goes down. Also, he only has two weaknesses and neither of them go above affecting him x2.

Hm... He might be my favorite legendary of all time now that I think about it. He's just overall amazing.

Years
Articuno, I like his appearance mostly and he was the only legendary Pokemon I used in my team and trained to 100. Extremely useful with his sheer cold.

Oh 3rd gen as not 3rd gen games but Pokemon? I don't like any of them at all, but Rayquaza is mostly useful, so I'll go with him.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Although FRLG are 3rd gen games, I consider those Pokemon gen I Pokemon, so I'm only considering those introduced in gen III. Anyway, my favorite is Regice. I love that trio in general, I love its cry, and I love the way you get it. Well...waiting is a bit of a nag, but at least that was changed in Emerald. It's also got a nice shiny color!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
My fav legendary of Gen 3 is Rayquaza ofc! Its the strongest, I like its cry and it helps my team alot. Like, A LOT.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Eh, I loved Jirachi, its design was absolutely amazing <3

I'd say Rayquaza too, but I didn't like how you could get it in Emerald and spam Outrage on the E4 :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Definitely Latios. He's the only roaming legendary I've managed to catch without a Master Ball outside of HeartGold (where Fast Balls get Raikou).
Also one of the coolest looking, with pretty good typing and class moves (Dragon Claw and Psychic mainly). And he was my first special pokémon card.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm never too sure who my favorite Legendary is from Hoenn. At one point it was Latias, then Latios, then Jirachi, then Rayquaza. But if I had to pick one right this instant I think I would have to choose Lati@s. And I definitely blame Pokemon Heroes for it. Though Jirachi is a reaaally close second/third if not actually my favorite (okay who knows) also because of the movie.

Years
The Latis, Jirachi, and Zapdos. Probably Zapdos the most because of how immensely helpful he was at beating the Elite Four when I was stuck in LeafGreen. <3; If we're talking only Hoenn legends, though, then I'll have to say Latias because of its strength and adorable back sprite.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Deoxys... by far my favorite Legendary because it was a nearly secret pokemon.
I remember running like crazy (sometime in the summer of 2007)in a nearby game store which held the event for the aurora ticket ( the only nintendo event that ever happened in Greece ) and when i got to birth island...UNREAL dude !

Years
I'm go with the most. Rayquaza

He reminds me Shen long from Dragon Ball; and he control groudon and kyogre.

Besides looks like the dragon asian version.

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
Since Sapphire was my first Pokémon game, I was obsessed with Kyogre! The second Pokémon I ever levelled all the way to 100! Besides I managed to catch it with a single Great Ball! I have transferred that Kyogre ever since and it's now on my White 2 storage box! Not as my favourite legendary anymore, but at that point in life it was!

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
I love ho-oh. Have ever since it came out. And sacred fire is the most awesome signature move that there is.

mizterdekazy

Experienced Pokemon Trainer
Years
**Mewtwo and Articuno**
the two I have been using since I have beaten FR/LG
and they both just.. catch my attention more than others do.

tnfsf11

I assume the thread is about Legendaries that were introduced in 3rd gen?
My most favorite would be Rayquaza, followed by Groudon, all the others' designs just suck imo, I mean look at the Regis... Also I dunno why I feel that Jirachi is like the deformed brother of Victini, he was the first to have these "ribbons" made of flesh before Ninfia made it cool :P

And Rayquaza actually had a job, instead of fighting like them d-bags Groudon & Kyogre he stops their cockfight & puts them where they belong! Also he's the first ever Dragon legendary! More points for Ray ^^

Back