The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
This seems more like tutorial how to use save state from DeSmuME in No$GBA.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:09 AM
gopackgo
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
This seems more like tutorial how to use save state from DeSmuME in No$GBA.
is that possible? I have never played a game where i had to save a state because i thought DS games didn't allow it.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Tru Eagle
Flying Type Master

Nature: Relaxed
I've got cleaned and repaired versions of both HeartGold and SoulSilver and they don't crash in Des.

I'm a big deal bruh. Ya heard?
Pokemon Yellow Version Walkthrough
Pokemon Platinum Version Walkthrough
Pokemon Black Version Walkthrough
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
gopackgo
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru Eagle View Post
I've got cleaned and repaired versions of both HeartGold and SoulSilver and they don't crash in Des.
lucky, how did you get them? i wish mine worked, i have literally tried everything from switching from mac to windows. Using rudolf's patch and downloading the rom from a different website. Still crashes after the 4th gym.
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Mega McChicken
Beginning Trainer

Hi. I'm new here and I've been having problems with my soul silver rom. I have rudolf's patch and I'm using the anti-freeze action replay codes and the game works fine other than an occasional sprite glitch which leads to a black screen, which is no big deal because I just load from my last save. But my main problem is when I defeat the elite four and it auto saves, it either freezes on the credits or it black screens when the credits are over. Any help?
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:51 AM
pokemicro
pokemicro

I found a fix for no$gba that works for me and it hasn't freezed what so ever. Go to youtube and type in "How to fix your NO$GBA Emulator For Heart Gold and Soul Silver Roms American Version" and click the second link.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Mega McChicken
Beginning Trainer

I'm using DeSmuME btw. Any help on that?
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:26 AM
KtTuLu
P-a-t-t-y-w-a-c-k-e-r

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to KtTuLu
Hi
I can run Heart gold fine without crashing/freezing using the anti-piracy patch
The original heart gold file always works

but whenever I try to play a HGSS hack, and apply a patch to the original file, the freezing automatically starts back up again

anyone have any ideas?

Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
is that possible? I have never played a game where i had to save a state because i thought DS games didn't allow it.
Yes. DeSmuME allows you to use save states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtTuLu View Post
Hi
I can run Heart gold fine without crashing/freezing using the anti-piracy patch
The original heart gold file always works

but whenever I try to play a HGSS hack, and apply a patch to the original file, the freezing automatically starts back up again

anyone have any ideas?
I can only see two possibilities.
1) Wrong patching
2) The patch only works with anti-piracy

Old August 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM
cotolino
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega McChicken View Post
Hi. I'm new here and I've been having problems with my soul silver rom. I have rudolf's patch and I'm using the anti-freeze action replay codes and the game works fine other than an occasional sprite glitch which leads to a black screen, which is no big deal because I just load from my last save. But my main problem is when I defeat the elite four and it auto saves, it either freezes on the credits or it black screens when the credits are over. Any help?
I have the same issues with same emulator, Desmume 0.9.8... i have beaten the Elite Four but after the credits the screen go black and i can't do anything...
I can also tell that, when i load the rom, the screen is completely white and the intro will not start over... i have to load a saved game (not in-game save, obviusly).

Can you help us? I have some gyms to obliterate and a lone trainer to smash in a cave. Thx all!

Last edited by cotolino; August 30th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:44 AM
SayWhat
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
My Soul Silver just keeps on crashing. I dont know what is the problem.
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post
My Soul Silver just keeps on crashing. I dont know what is the problem.
Are you using No$GBA? If yes, then that might be the case.

Old November 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
GardevoirLover
Unhatched Egg

is there patch to fix the pokeball spinning glitch? please help!!

please someone answer me how can i fix the pokeball spinning glitch during battles i can only battle like 30% of all the trainers in HG and its really annoying please i need to fix this glitch!!!

Last edited by GardevoirLover; November 24th, 2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardevoirLover View Post
is there patch to fix the pokeball spinning glitch? please help!!

please someone answer me how can i fix the pokeball spinning glitch during battles i can only battle like 30% of all the trainers in HG and its really annoying please i need to fix this glitch!!!
Nope if you are playing on No$GBA.

Old April 8th, 2013, 05:25 PM
swaggermuffin22
Unhatched Egg

I have the same problem but Im not running unlimited mh disaster
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:29 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
I decided to give SoulSilver one more shot after updating my copy of DeSmuME and adding in the AR codes to unlock the game. At first everything went well, with no freezes or blackouts; I even escaped back to the street after completing Sprout Tower (always a problem before). Unfoftunately, a new glitch turned up; when I emerged from the tower, half of Violet City had been replaced by uncrossable blackness. The Poké Mart had vanished, the first Gym was hanging on the edge of nowhere, and at least one NPC was hovering in unreachable space. I've attached a screenshot of the glitch, as usual.

Has anyone else had similar problems witth DeSmuME 0.9.9 and the HGSS games? Not being able to challenge the first Gym is very frustrating!
Attached Images
File Type: png violet-city_cutoff.png‎ (12.4 KB, 23 views) (Save to Dropbox)

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
So I've tried the anti-piracy patch, I'm using desmume, and I've tried every cheat that claims to fix the freeze problem (but really just gets past the black screen that isn't a problem). The game still freezes every time I go to save regularly. I would use save states, but I can't get past the elite four and finish the game then. Anyone know how to fix the save crash problem?

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
I decided to give SoulSilver one more shot after updating my copy of DeSmuME and adding in the AR codes to unlock the game. At first everything went well, with no freezes or blackouts; I even escaped back to the street after completing Sprout Tower (always a problem before). Unfoftunately, a new glitch turned up; when I emerged from the tower, half of Violet City had been replaced by uncrossable blackness. The Poké Mart had vanished, the first Gym was hanging on the edge of nowhere, and at least one NPC was hovering in unreachable space. I've attached a screenshot of the glitch, as usual.

Has anyone else had similar problems witth DeSmuME 0.9.9 and the HGSS games? Not being able to challenge the first Gym is very frustrating!
Oh? This is a bug that was always in No$...
Anyways, you should be able to save and then reset to get rid of this bug...
But I'm truly surprised that this is on DeSmuME...

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Reginald McEagleston
Unhatched Egg

Running HeartGold on DeSmuME. Got both the ROM and Emulator from my usual site, Coolroms, which has never failed me before.
However, I notice Gold is walking very, very slowly.
The game itself seems to be perfectly fine, just a bit laggy, and Gold walks like he just got his leg broken and watched his puppy die.
He runs like a slow-motion action hero.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald McEagleston View Post
Running HeartGold on DeSmuME. Got both the ROM and Emulator from my usual site, Coolroms, which has never failed me before.
However, I notice Gold is walking very, very slowly.
The game itself seems to be perfectly fine, just a bit laggy, and Gold walks like he just got his leg broken and watched his puppy die.
He runs like a slow-motion action hero.
Use Action Replay for bigger speed, I guess...

Old November 4th, 2013, 02:22 PM
LovelyMudkip

I read most of the post in this thread and even tried to search but still couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm playin heartgold but it freezes randomly. Actually the emulator runs, I see background images proccessing but I can't control after it freezes. Because of that I back up every 10 min., but it bugs me so much. The country that I live in doesn't sell the game.

Is there any instructions to get rid of this freezing. I'm at elite four and I did play with a huge struggle until now. I am usin no gba 2.6
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMudkip View Post
I read most of the post in this thread and even tried to search but still couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm playin heartgold but it freezes randomly. Actually the emulator runs, I see background images proccessing but I can't control after it freezes. Because of that I back up every 10 min., but it bugs me so much. The country that I live in doesn't sell the game.

Is there any instructions to get rid of this freezing. I'm at elite four and I did play with a huge struggle until now. I am usin no gba 2.6
Unfortunately, there's no fix for No$GBA...
It's apparently working without freezes on DeSmuME but you cannot transfer saves between emulators so you need to continue saving every 10 minutes...

Old November 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
ShinyBulbasaur

After applying the AP patch for Heart Gold I didn't really run into any major problems (Just the occasional sprite missing) And whenever I encountered the problem of the black screen where music was still playing but you are not able to see anything, I came up with a solution, well it works for me anyway. I simply saved the game (not a saved state) and stop playing for a few hours, I'd come back and everything was back to normal for about 2 hours of gameplay until it happened again, but I'd just repeat the solution.
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Yesterday I played HeartGold ( randomized ) ( nuzlocke challenge ) on my android ( Huawei ascend y200 / only 800 mhz processor ) ( DraStiC r2.1.6.2 emulator ) and speed was normally 100% - 107% , but when I went to pokemart in Violet city to buy some potions the game freezes for about 3-4 minutes, after freeze, I can continue my journey, (today - 1 freeze again ) , 1 freeze per day :D

Old April 26th, 2014, 08:11 AM
whatchonaymizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotolino View Post
I have the same issues with same emulator, Desmume 0.9.8... i have beaten the Elite Four but after the credits the screen go black and i can't do anything...
I can also tell that, when i load the rom, the screen is completely white and the intro will not start over... i have to load a saved game (not in-game save, obviusly).

Can you help us? I have some gyms to obliterate and a lone trainer to smash in a cave. Thx all!

Hope this thread isn't too old but I have this problem. Any fixes?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here