• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you get what you deserve?

Crux

Evermore
Years
Poetic justice.
Poetic justice is an event of somebody being punished in a way that is often ironic of their crime, but not necessarily foreseen, or premeditated by anyone.
For example, if a man constantly runs over animals without even trying to avoid them, then poetic justice could be him being hit by a truck.

Do you believe in poetic justice?
Have you ever been subjected to it?
Have you ever seen it in action?
What's your opinion on the subject?
Do you take a liking or distaste towards it?

(Why do I doubt that anyone got the title reference...)
If life ain't just a joke, then why am I laughing?...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Ehh, I view it as something that's just coincidental. On a much broader scale of people getting what they deserve, it's easy to use bad things that happen to people to cancel out bad things they do (like them getting hit by a bus as punishment for beating the crap out of a toddler), but poetic justice is way too specific for me to full-on believe in.

Not that I can think of. But then again, I try to make sure that I don't do things that I might ultimately be punished for.

If I have, then I don't remember it. The only possible thing that I remember is this dude started a fight and then weeks later he accidentally got punched in the face when a fight broke out in front of him.

It's definitely humorous and it's got a cool name.

I like it because it's always amusing regardless of the circumstances.

Melody

Banned
Years
Not really; usually when this occurs, it's a coincidence alone that makes the outcome "Poetic" in nature.

No. Not really. It's too often left to coincidence.

Plenty of times. It's one the better things in life, and it's really often a matter of luck.

I don't expect it to ever happen. It just does. Expecting any sort of closure to be poetic is just unrealistic, as it's really a relative thing. What I might regard as a beautiful way for the universe to tie up some loose end, might be regarded as something else entirely by someone else. Just like Poetry, the artistic value of it is perceived in the eye of the beholder.

I enjoy it when I see it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
First things first
THE TITLE WAS A MCR REFERENCE!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

sorry.... I'll stop fangirling now....

Poetic Justice

ok I think its just Karma having some fun! Honestly Karma is looking at there list and think ah that person likes shoting people lets get him to shot himself.... and BANG!!!

No I haven't been subjected to it, I think I might of who knows? Well I should

I must of at some point, and it's funny stuff on TV and stuff

AND ITS EPIC! JUST HA TAKE THAT ITS CALLED KARMA!

I like it

Also talking about Irony I was actually listening to MCR while coming across this and even more freaky I was listening to Dead! AHHHHH MCR!!!! IM FANGIRLING AGAIN!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so sorry...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Do you believe in poetic justice? Hmm its fair and i think we should punish him but hit him eith a truck? lmao
Have you ever been subjected to it? Yeah when some bully comes to bully me i want to teach him a lesson :|
Have you ever seen it in action? Yeah a few times.
What's your opinion on the subject? Hmm i think its one fair action and i laughed so hard when you said "the poetic justice is to hit him with a truck" lmao
lol i enjoy it

Years
This poetic justice thing reminds me of karma and the saying what goes around comes around. I don't know if I got the wrong end of the stick or if I'm on the right lines but yes I believe in karma.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Not in any meaningful sense.

Don't think so.

Haven't noticed.

What's your opinion on the subject? / Do you take a liking or distaste towards it?
Hm... I dislike that anyone should be superstitious enough to feel it is meaningful in any way.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I firmly believe that if someone is cruel to an animal, they reincarnate as a dog who is beaten.

If someone squishes bugs, they will come back as a bug who is squished for fun.

Karma, baby.

Back