The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Marisa
dim. dream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
My favourite Psychic type moves are Psycho Cut and Psystrike, It's sad that only 2 Pokemon can learn Psystrike in the whole series, but it's a strong move nonetheless. Also Psycho Cut is 1 of 2 Physical Psychic-type moves, so it's useful on Pokemon like Medicham and Gallade, which lack in Special Attack.
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
YAMI999
Pokemons A Class Dragon Master

Nature: Quiet
If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers? I would manipulate the minds of all my enemies & make em my slaves & have a huge army, i'd also fly/teleport, move through walls etc....

sonic dont forget Psycho Boost lol.

Last edited by YAMI999; May 4th, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Marisa
dim. dream.
Community Supporter

Seems like you'd use your powers, to eliminate those who are conspiring against you. Oh lol, forgot psycho boost :/
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
What are some of your favourite Psychic-type moves?

It'll always be trusty old Psychic, of course! It's the most powerful and 100% accurate Psychic-type move that has never failed me and utilizes most Psychic-type Pokemon's high Special Attack to its maximum potential. I also like Calm Mind and Cosmic Power - they give incredibly useful stat boosts to help turn the match to my favour. The added Special Attack and Special Defence boost for Calm Mind, as well as Special Defence and Defence for Cosmic Power makes my Psychic-type a great asset every time.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
lynkdead
Psychic Pokefan

Nature: Lax
Username: Lynkdead

Partner Pokemon: No Psychics yet! I just started again. (Soon, hopefully)

Fav Psychic-types: Kadabra, Mewtwo, (possibly Victini - He seems interesting, especially being I don't have strong favorites in fire)

Why you like the Psychic-type: I started to like the psychic type the moment I saw Kadabra on the Pokemon cartoon years, and years ago. I enjoyed his behavior in general (and come on, he carries a spoon just so he can sit around bending it - I'm all for showmanship). The idea of fighting an opponent without ever lifting a finger is also monumentally impressive.

So, aside from all that, I'm kinda new here at the forums. Nice to meet everyone.
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Definitely Psychic, it's one of the best Psychic-type moves out there and just about every Psychic Pokemon can learn it, making good use of their Special Attack stat. Also Calm Mind and Cosmic Power which can boost their power and their defensiveness respectively. There's also Psycho Cut and Zen Headbut for those physical-based Psychics such as Gallade can use to complement their higher Attack stats.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old May 10th, 2013, 11:35 AM
hiinotama
P r e p a r e .

Nature: Adamant
NAME: hiinotama
PARDNER: Sherbet the Slowpoke.
FAVOURITES? Slowpoke-line and Ralts-line... but there are actually very few PSYCHICtypes that i actually dislike.
WHY LIKE PSYCHIC? i guess because i like the fact they're associated with great intelligence. and apart from that, telekinesis is SUCH a useful power to have!

discussion topics:
IF I BECAME A PSYCHICtype: i'd make everything float. because why not.
FAVOURITE PSYCHIC MOVES?
Psychic, hands down. apart from that, i enjoy moves like Agility and Trick Room as well. for my Slowpoke!
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon: Kyra the Espeon
Favourite Psychic-types: Starmie, Mew, Espeon, Latias, Jirachi, Metagross, Cresselia
Why you like the Psychic-type: They're powerful and reliable Pokemon when I use them on my team. Psychic also had the coolest attack animation in GSC. I love spamming Psychic!

If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
I'd love to be able to lift things with my mind. I'd also like to try floating myself. Can I also teleport candy and snacks right to my room? I'll try not to read minds, though. I wouldn't like that done to me, so yeah. ;o

I like Latios's unique move, Luster Purge, for its burst-of-light animation in RSE. Battle-wise, I really appreciate having Calm Mind and Hypnosis around for their usefulness. A couple of Calm Minds have saved me from being defeated. Psychic and Psybeam have helped out tremendously in all my games, too.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Dangelitus

Username: Dangelitus
Partner Pokemon: Darvius the Alakazam
Favourite Psychic-types: Alakazam, Metagross, Espeon, Starmie and celebi (not sure if its psych) and Mewtwo

Why you like the Psychic-type: They are incredible powerful, and in the first chapter of the serie, they look invencible XD, besides, like psych pokemon, you can talk with them just using your mind, so in a battle i guess you cand give him orders without saying a word, so the other trainer doesn't know what attack you will use XD.

If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
I would read the mind of my opponets for a easy win. In test or contest i would read the mind of the owners to obtain the correct answer, and I wold use my telekinesis to fly XD

Psychic and calm mind because with this two moves my kadabra in the first games i played destroy almost all their oponents.

P. D. I guess the user bar for the psy club is down, i can't see it.

Last edited by Dangelitus; May 13th, 2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Just some advice i forgot.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
Username: j_Woo
Partner Pokemon: Chester the Grumpig
Favourite Psychic-types: Grumpig, Lugia, Espeon, Alakazam, Mew, Slowking
Why you like the Psychic-type: I've always preferred special attacking to physical attacking, and I think intelligence is mo betta

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Marisa
dim. dream.
Community Supporter

Nice to see some new faces here. Welcome! Nice to see fellow Psychic-type fans among us :D
I have to sleep now, so see you tomorrow...sorry

[Edit] Okay, well back, I guess...and welcome again to j_Woo and Dangelitus!
Seems like most of the people here would use their powers to either read minds, or manipulate items..that's pretty smart. Your new Psychic powers could help you out with things, like finding out secrets and stuff similar (I'd call that abuse of power though, so idk).

I'm currently thinking bout promotions...I guess I'll leave a few days open, so any club member can create discussion topics, if you wish. Good luck!
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit

Last edited by Olli; May 18th, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: No double posting untill a week has passed :[
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
Thanks for the warm welcome, this club seems pretty brotastic xD

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Dangelitus

Thanks for the welcome, its great to see many people like the psychic pokemon.

And a topic for the group.

What is the most impressive psychic pokemon that you have seen in the anime?

I remember 2 very well:

1) Mewtwo with the team rocket. I remeber to see him with their armor and beaten all the team of Gary Oak

2) I'm remember a chapter when someone wake up two giants pokemon, one alakazam and a Gastly, but giants XD.
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

What is the most impressive psychic Pokemon that you have seen in the anime?
You're asking me to recall stuff I haven't seen in like, 5+ years.. lol. Well, Mewtwo was absurdly powerful in the first movie. Not only could he fight one on one like any other Pokemon, he also had the intelligence to create his island, amass all those devices to clone Pokemon, create that storm, and brain wash Nurse Joy. :O Mew had some impressive moves one normally wouldn't imagine if just playing the games, too. Bubbles. <3

Hmm, the Unown in their movie could also do a lot more than they can in the games.

Oh oh! I think in one of the Battle Frontier episodes, Anabel could telepathically communicate with her Pokemon. Just how awesome would that be. >.<
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
hiinotama
P r e p a r e .

Nature: Adamant
IMPRESSIVE MOVIE-PSYCHICtype?
well, my favourite legendary Pokémon in general is DEOXYS, so i'm going to list that! lets face it though, that 'mon's abilities - shifting forms, creating doubles, telepathy, area scanning, and that gorgeous aurora - theres no topping it!
BUT i have to say mewtwo and unown were indeed also quite cool. i'm excited for the new Genesect movie, too! i wonder how Mewtwo's new forme is going to play into it...
Old June 16th, 2013, 07:12 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Espeon
Favorite Psychic-types: Alakazam, Hypno, Jynx, Slowking, Espeon, Lugia, Sigilyph
Why I like Psychic types: Never questioned that one but I like a good Psychic type who can easily faint the opposition
Current topic discussion: I'd save the world with my powers
Favorite Psychic moves: Psybeam and Psywave
Most impressive Psychic type in the anime: Kadabra. Seeing him being lead by Sabrina made me realize how powerful Psychic types really are.
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Username: Regeneration
Partner Pokemon:
Gallade
Favourite Psychic-types:
Gallade, Gardevoir
Why you like the Psychic-type:
To kick those annoying poison types' butts. >OWho you gonna toxic now*****? jk. :p

The current discussion topic(s): If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
Play pranks on people I guess. :(

Psycho cut, psychic; very reliable moves. :D

What is the most impressive Psychic-type Pokemon that you have seen in the anime?
Ugh.. I don't remember a thing about the anime. Sabrina's Kadabra was pretty badass from what I can recall.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Yeeeah I'm joining plenty of clubs, haha.

Username: Powerserge

Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo

Favourite Psychic-types: Mewtwo, Lugia, Espeon, Wobbuffet.

Why you like the Psychic-type: Because they symbolize the power of the mind, something that I'm a big believer in myself!

The current discussion topic(s): If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?: Brainwash the world into being smarter and more compassionate, haha!

What are some of your favourite Psychic-type moves? Psychic, Psystrike, and Mirror Coat.

What is the most impressive Psychic-type Pokemon that you have seen in the anime? Mewtwo (No surprise there)
Old June 19th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, CloysterOyster, Regeneration, and Powerserge. I could foresee you all joining from before it even happened. :) That or I'm zapping lasers at you.

New topic! What Psychic Pokemon do you think cannot control its power?
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
What Psychic Pokemon do you think cannot control its power?
What is this I don't even... Mewtwo I guess? From what I remember from the first movie it kinda went on a rampage and...
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Username: Olli to the 97 yo.
Partner Pokemon: Lugia
Favourite Psychic-types: Lugia, mainly because of my past experiences with it, back when it played a major role on my team in Silver. I actually mainly used it for Flying and Water type moves, since I thought that was its typing for the longest time. I mean, it's the freaking guardian of the sea, how can it not be a Water type. But nope, turns out it was Psychic type instead.

I also like Pokemon like Mewtwo, Alakazam and Slowbro (I played a lot of first generation games, shup), mainly because they're all super powerful with they Psychic type moves, and they've rarely ever let me down in battle. Basically, I feel like most Psychic types are good for the damage powerhouse in the team, which is why I always feel like they're such valuable members.

Why you like the Psychic-types?: Pretty much mentioned that above. They're pretty much always reliable to deal great damage to the foe's Pokemon, and pretty much all Psychic types I've used have turned out to be some of the most valuable Pokemon on my team. I hate using them in Nuzlockes though, because a lot of them faint extremely easy, so I either end up quickly losing them, or I lose them in some of the later major battles, which is just absolutely painful :( But yeah, Psychic types just feel really special to me, which is why I like them.

I don't know, brainwash people to make an army to help me in my world conquest? Kill random passerby's for fun with my awesome psychic powers? Or just prank people by making them lose complete control over their body. Nah, all I can think of are either dangerous, painful or just plain nasty things, because that's all I can really associate psychic abilities with. I guess I could use it to bend spoons, but come on, that's boring!

Eh, not all too familiar with the moves in Pokemon, since I haven't played all that much over the past few years, and I've only used very few Psychic Pokemon. And the moves that have appeared lots of times with those have been Psybeam and Psychic, so I guess those would be my favourite moves. I don't play competitively, so all those Psychic type moves that people use for advantages, like switching abilities and such, I'm not really familiar with at all, and have never used them. I know of them, but that's about it. I really feel like the Psychic type lacks damaging moves, but I'm mainly talking third gen and before here, so yeah.

What is the most impressive Psychic-type Pokemon that you have seen in the anime?

I'm actually surprised that so few mentioned Mewtwo, but then again, it's a given. His powers were pretty incredible in both the first movie and in Mewtwo Returns, and it definitely put him at the top as the most impressive Psychic type I've seen, both in the games and in the anime. I mean, he could pretty much wreck anything in his path, and the only way Giovanni was able to stop him, was by threatening to hurt his friends, and Mewtwo still managed to get back on his feet as the killing machine he is (with some help from Ash, but who cares >:O).

Sabrina's Kadabra was also pretty cool, but not much was really done at all to highlight Sabrina as a trainer, and the same goes for a lot of the other gym leaders. in the first season of the anime, Ash pretty much won most of the important battles on luck, and though they've made him more of a strategic and battle wise person in the later seasons, it still left a lot of the first generation gym leaders in the dust, since there wasn't much battle with them.

What Psychic Pokemon do you think cannot control its power?

I'm gonna roll with Mewtwo again. In the games the Cerulean Cave was sealed off for most trainers because Mewtwo was simply too powerful, and why this doesn't exactly imply that Mewtwo can't control its power, I think it's the best candidate for it. I mean, the ones who become evil are often the ones with power they can't control and then the hero comes along and they're the only one that can control the power blah blah cliche stuff. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo was regarded as an evil Pokemon, and they somehow kept it inside the cave because otherwise it'd go on a rampage and stuff. In the anime, he wasn't able to control his power before Giovanni taught him either, so yeah, I guess I can base it on that, even if the anime isn't really canonical.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Thanks for adding me. To answer the current topic, Mewtwo is definitely one who can't control his psychic powers. I am not sure of any other Pokémon who can't control it except maybe that Gothitelle who blocked the Skyarrow Bridge in the anime.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:29 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
Username: Narnia

Partner Pokemon:
Slowpoke

Favourite Psychic-types:
I really like Slowpoke, I'm not sure why. I guess it describes me in a sense- rather lazy at times! It's a great, bulky water-type to use and despite it's non-existent speed, it's huge wall of defence makes up for it. Throw in the fact that it has a respectable special attack stat and has access to a huge range of moves and this is one cool Pokemon. I also love it mainly because of its derpy design.

As for the other two, I guess they're mainly based off design as well. They're also such good-natured Pokemon in the anime and I really like using them on my teams as well.

Why you like the Psychic-type (I don't mind if you don't have much to say, but don't say too much either)

For one, the concept of the psychic-type is breathtaking. Pokemon that possess powers that we can only wildly imagine. The ability to control objects and make them float, the power they possess is unbelievable. In-game psychic-types always make a worthy addition to any team with their wide movepools- take Alakazam for example. It can send Thunderbolts, Energy Balls, Psychic, Shadow Ball and all sorts of moves. It can also recover its health at the same time with Recover. Isn't that pretty cool?

I've also always liked them for just being so unique. I find them a lovable type to use and I'll never regret trying out a few psychic types in my games. They're just unbelievably strong and not to mention, they can play all sorts of roles. They can be irritating, get a few stat boosts to become unstoppable or just be there to support your team in tough situations. Whatever it is, psychic-types can do it. They're just that great. :]

OH AND DID I MENTION, THEY CAN BEND SPOONS? That's definitely the coolest part, not gonna lie.

I'm not quite sure actually. Bend a few spoons for my amusement before realising it's not as entertaining as it seems and then go cause some havoc. Send pots and pans flying through the air, scare passerbys, to be honest it'd be extremely fun. Just be a troublemaker in general and make a few cats levitate.

Psychic the psychic type move used by psychics! It's reliable accuracy, huge amount of damage and practically every psychic-type can do it. It's just a great move in general and I try and throw this on a Pokemon whenever I get the chance.

Probably Mewtwo to be completely honest. It was able to defeat and burn down the scientist lab/mansion it was held in. It then managed to escape and learn how to control its powers with the help of Giovanni and finally creates the cloned Pokemon who are by far, stronger and rougher. It's easily the most impressive psychic-type with being able to make other Pokemon levitate helplessly, throw all sorts of attacks at you and control a clone army.

cat 1: what if i say im not like the others
cat 2: what if i say im not just another one of your plays
cat 1: you're the pretender
cat 2: what if i say ill never surrender

/cue lightsaber fight
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
-Ahsan-

Username: -Ahsan-
Partner Pokemon: Gengar
Favourite Psychic-types: Espeon, Mew, Starmie, Lugia, Celebi, Jirachi,Latios, Latias, Victini, Gardevoir.
Why you like the Psychic-type: Their attacks are super effective to every type of pokemon except dark types

Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Club is being closed at request of the owner. If anyone wants to take over the club, contact Classic Sonic about it, and if you get a yes, just PM either AlexOzzyCake or myself, and we'll get right on it. For the moment though, it'll remain closed.

Sponsored Links