The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

That's what I do and it works. My avatar is overpowered at this point (Especially with Stahl support) so she makes quick work of the ones near Ricks/Maribelle.

But that eliminates one problem. Since one unit is bound to die if I don't have Miss One Hit Kill near in case of emergencies. (which happens a lot, stupid wyvern riders) Guess I'll try making everyone close to each other quicker instead, because I'm generally too slow and observant.
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's disappointing that Lucina and Morgan don't have a Support together. You'd think that, of all people, those two would have one.
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
It's disappointing that Lucina and Morgan don't have a Support together. You'd think that, of all people, those two would have one.
You have Morgan as a female, right?

Morgan can have a support with Lucina if he was male. :)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
You have Morgan as a female, right?

Morgan can have a support with Lucina if he was male. :)
Really? Hm...I guess I'll have to wait until next playthrough, then.

Oh, and I've finally reached the Endgame. Without spoilers, you guys think I should do the paralogues?
Given the momentum I had (3 chapters in a couple of hours, which, for me, is almost unheard of, given that I usually do hours, if not days of optional battles in between), I don't know if I want to do them, but...
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Really? Hm...I guess I'll have to wait until next playthrough, then.

Oh, and I've finally reached the Endgame. Without spoilers, you guys think I should do the paralogues?
Given the momentum I had (3 chapters in a couple of hours, which, for me, is almost unheard of, given that I usually do hours, if not days of optional battles in between), I don't know if I want to do them, but...
If you can beat the Paralouges before the Endgame, then you'd definitely be ready for the Endgame, imo.
Because arguably, some of them are quite harder than the Endgame. @__@;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

Just beat the game tonight. It's definitely my favorite 3DS game so far and I think it's actually beaten PoR/RD as my favorite Fire Emblem. I didn't think I'd like the characters as much as I did, the plot was well-done, and the additions to the gameplay were fantastic.

Endgame can be difficult if you don't watch yourself. I didn't have too much trouble with it by just rushing the boss, but I had to restart twice because of stupid lucky criticals from Assassins with Killing Edges. >_>

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I didn't attempt to go for the final boss until a lot of my characters were approaching the stat cap for their class, that and I got a crit on it and pretty much oneshotted it :l Worst way to end a game. So I went back and fought it again :P

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Did you guys downloaded those vacation DLC maps? I have no idea what those are about, haha. ;__; Supposedly, there are bonus conversations?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Eh, I'd download all the DLC maps, but the cost money, and money is not something I have at the moment so no. What kinds of bonus conversations anyhow? You mean like the map where they're all in swimsuits or something?

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:37 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Yeah, that. All I've heard about them was that there were special interactions between units and, well, all of that fanservice stuff. @_@

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:41 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Sounds hawt, now I really want to get the DLC ;)

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...-north-america

And I was really looking forward to seeing Tharja's nice a-

UM...I MEAN...I'm appalled at how Japan objectifies women, shame on them.

Not only that, but they took out the sparkles!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
ManaphyLv100
Legendary Ranger

Nature: Jolly
One word: Frederick.
Man, is that guy a badass. And I paired him with Nowi, just because. Actually, it was Awkward Zombie's fault, but still.
I had Robin marry Lissa in my first playthrough, because Lissa's cute. Went with Normal/Classic, even though it's my first FE. Now I'm playing it again on Hard/Newcomer. It's quite a different experience.
Lon'qu with Lethality is about the coolest thing ever, besides the aforementioned Frederick. It's awesome when you get: 'How well will you die?' Splat! Especially if you couldn't normally have killed the target.
And characters that die in the final boss come back when you play the same save again. Saves me trying to keep them all there.
I do wish that the sound test was like the Sky Jukebox, though.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:15 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:

HOW DARE THEY DEPRAV-

Ahem, for the good of America, I support this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaphyLv100 View Post
One word: Frederick.
Man, is that guy a badass. And I paired him with Nowi, just because. Actually, it was Awkward Zombie's fault, but still.
I had Robin marry Lissa in my first playthrough, because Lissa's cute. Went with Normal/Classic, even though it's my first FE. Now I'm playing it again on Hard/Newcomer. It's quite a different experience.
Lon'qu with Lethality is about the coolest thing ever, besides the aforementioned Frederick. It's awesome when you get: 'How well will you die?' Splat! Especially if you couldn't normally have killed the target.
And characters that die in the final boss come back when you play the same save again. Saves me trying to keep them all there.
I do wish that the sound test was like the Sky Jukebox, though.
You like Frederick? 0.o To be honest, he isn't bad, but be isn't all that great either. That's the thing with jeigans, they seem awesome at first, but then lag behind everyone else later. And the reason the characters come back after you defeat the final boss is because you technically can't beat it. Haven't you noticed that it just resets the save file back to before you played it? Either that, or I'm going senile already D:

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:26 AM
Spinosaurus

Chapter 5 ended up...a lot easier with Frederick. I felt like since I wasn't gonna risk babysitting Donny on a chapter like this might as well use Frederick for the last time (I hope). Luckily he didn't end up hogging all the EXP. I got Alm's Sword apparently.

Honestly, the more I play this game, the less I like it. I'm still early so I can't pass on proper judgment, though.

Also looks like my avatar is going for Stahl. Guess I'm pairing Lon'Qu with Sully, then. Best male with best female, why not? (their first support conversation was pretty cool.)

Quote:

Whoa wait, this is real? Has a Nintendo game ever had fanservice like this before? Just curious, because that's a first to me.

...I just imagined Sully in a swimsuit. lol

EDIT: Oh god, the comments say that could be someone's cape. LOL

Quote:
That's the thing with jeigans, they seem awesome at first, but then lag behind everyone else later.
Unless your name is Seth.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

I beg to differ, Seth was decent, but compared to people like Joshua or Gerrick, he just didn't seem adequate after a certain point.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I've been playing this quite a bit since it came out...I kinda wish I'd waited until after the latest maps came out before I started my Lunatic run; it would have made those earlier grinding days so much easier. Although, that said, I'm finding this game a lot easier even on the hardest difficulty when compared to Shadow Dragon.

Also, I wish this game supported polygamy. I'd decided to have my avatar get hitched to Cherche, but I just had my first support conversation with Tharja the other day...oh dear. xD
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

I seriously doubt Nintendo would ever want to support something like polygamy in one of their games. If you really want to get married to multiple people in the game and get all the S-rank supports, just beat the game to get the support log, then start a new file where you don't get married to anyone. Then all you have to do is save that file to an extra slot where you get married, delete it, then go back to the original save, save another file where you get married to another person, and just repeat it over an over again; that's what I'm doing. I hope this explanation wasn't confusing, I wasn't too sure how to explain it.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:10 PM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
Somehow I doubt it as well, especially if they're going to censor DLC...which I find quite entertaining, because if anything it looks more suggestive as a result of it, rather than less.

I'm treating my first playthrough more as a trial run to be honest; I'm not entirely sure what pairings produce the best offspring in terms of skills, so I've just been pairing up characters I like. I did make an exception to pair Donnel and Nowi though, for a Nah with Aptitude.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

My first one is also pretty much a trial run. The only reason I'm bothering to get my characters to max or near max stat cap is because of Paralogue 23, it's extremely difficult, even if I'm playing on Normal ;.;

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:33 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
I beg to differ, Seth was decent, but compared to people like Joshua or Gerrick, he just didn't seem adequate after a certain point.
Seth can solo the entire game he is in. I beg to differ. Majorly.

So I recently beat my Lunatic run. So I played on casual because I couldn't keep 90% of my units dieing in chapter 2 and 3. Also because I wanted to get female supports. Half way through the game I decided to say "Screw it!" and bought my maxed out limit breaker MU from my previous file and my maxed out limit breaker DLC Marth. It made Lunatic much easier except the last chapter.

I played the Endgame with only those two units and my MU and Chrom paired up with them. I barely managed to beat it. I went through 7 elixers and it took me like 20 minutes. It was hard. And I only beat it because I got lucky. I probably should've bought a couple more maxed out units. From this Lunatic+ has been unlocked for me (only casual mode though). Oh I tried the prologue and got ripped apart. Not touching that again for a long while.

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Well I suppose my judgement would be flawed seeing as I didn't train him very much since he was the game's jeigan. I opted to train my other units more often which resulted in my view on his stats and etc. Maybe I'll pick up Sacred Stones again.... well, after Awakening of course. Also now that I actually look it up, he's very very very broken for a jeigan.

And how just hard is Lunatic anyhow? It sounds near impossible to do on Classic.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:47 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Many people consider jeigans to be bad because they are jeigan but they are actually pretty good.

I can't really give an accurate representation because I grinded a lot as soon as I could. But the first four chapters are hard. Like really hard. I had to use all my other units besides Frederick Chrom and MU as a meat shield. Lunatic mode is pretty much Frederick Emblem.

Old May 5th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Spinosaurus

I kept Seth and the guy was still a killer. Though if I didn't know about the internet I'd have kept the other jeigans since Sacred Stones is my first Fire Emblem lol.

Holy **** I made Stahl a total monster. The guy just murders everyone and their family. Sully too but she doesn't tank hits as well. Donny is next.
Virion is pretty dope too. What a likeable guy. After seeing his support with other characters I think he might as well be my favorite character. Glad I kept him.

Also is newcomer "spoiling" anyone? My brother refuses to play other Fire Emblems just because of the whole death *l+r+start* thing. Wonder if I can get him to play Advance Wars instead.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; May 5th, 2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Teanji
Wielder of the Sol Blade!

See, I'd probably really love Fire Emblem, but I've never really been into handhelds and as such don't have a 3DS yet and can't really bring myself to buy an entire console for it (I'm pretty much waiting on a special edition Pokemon X/Y console before I pick one up).

Sponsored Links