The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I don't think they'll Nerf Mewtwo with this forme...that'll be strange...
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I don't think they'll Nerf Mewtwo with this forme...that'll be strange...
By Nerfing, I mean nerfed in the same way they nerfed Giratina-O. By having it required that Mewtwo be hold a specific item, it would limit it's overall potential, that is, to balance out any other OP things that it might have in inclusion with the forum (such as stat boosts, etc, if that makes sense).
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I agree with Jake here. At least give it Levitate so it can switch in on EQ-users, but I think that's as far as it should go on the "overpowered" scale (depending on actual transformation methods, and on whether or not it utilizes a move to transform rather than an item. I'm really hoping it's the latter on this one, since it needs to be nerfed down, somehow).
I really want a Photoshop of Mewtwo holding a Nerf gun. Like, now.

I don't see why people would actually CHOOSE a forme that is weaker than the original Mewtwo. Why add it then?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
By Nerfing, I mean nerfed in the same way they nerfed Giratina-O. By having it required that Mewtwo be hold a specific item, it would limit it's overall potential, that is, to balance out any other OP things that it might have in inclusion with the forum (such as stat boosts, etc, if that makes sense).
Oh, well I wouldn't call that nerfing, more like limiting it's choices in items to one, now Gen 2 was what really Nerfed Mewtwo. Also I don't think they'll make Mewtwo hold an item as most of the formes don't require a hold item, likely it'll be a Key item.
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I really want a Photoshop of Mewtwo holding a Nerf gun. Like, now.

I don't see why people would actually CHOOSE a forme that is weaker than the original Mewtwo. Why add it then?

Cyclone
I feel that you're misunderstanding my post here. I'm not saying for those form to be weaker than the original form or anything like that, really. o.o Think about this: You're talking about a form that, nine times out of ten, is probably going to be OP in some way (kind of like Shaymin-S compared to Shaymin's normal form). I'm just suggesting alternative methods so, while it would still be more powerful than it's normal form, it wouldn't be too powerful, know what I mean? ._.

Quote:
Oh, well I wouldn't call that nerfing, more like limiting it's choices in items to one, now Gen 2 was what really Nerfed Mewtwo. Also I don't think they'll make Mewtwo hold an item as most of the formes don't require a hold item, likely it'll be a Key item.
The only really other alternate method of changing forms, I'd imagine, is something like how Deoxys change forms....though that'd be unlikely in itself. It's hard to say, because in the movie trailer, Mewtwo just outright transforms without the assistance of any item whatsoever. .___. So it's pretty hard to say how it'll transform...the only theory I'm leaning on is utilizing a move to transform, something like Calm Mind I guess (that's already been talked about here, but yeah). That's the only way I can really imagine it.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Snivysmiley
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
I just realised they got rid of it's chest and replaced it with ONE UNIBOOB
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivysmiley View Post
I don't even want to know what made you notice that. Usually I don't look at a Pokémon's chest.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Community Supporter

So where does Mewtwo get that "crown" (the part that looks like somewhat like Genesects cannon) from? Could it be a refrence to the crown chakra in Hinduism?
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivysmiley View Post
...Well, that's a new one. I didn't even notice that thing had a uniboob. xD;
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Community Supporter

You people are going to end up making this thing into a meme...
Anyways I hope Buutwo has an actual stat rearrangement if not a higher bst in order words please don't let this be another Keldeo.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:20 PM
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
...Well, that's a new one. I didn't even notice that thing had a uniboob. xD;
If you look below Uniboob, you will see the evidence that New mewtwo form is male....

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Ask and thou shalt receive.

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Anyways I hope Buutwo has an actual stat rearrangement if not a higher bst in order words please don't let this be another Keldeo.
I guess I'm missing something here but..what was wrong with Keldeo's stats? oO

I mean, I guess the only stat modifications I can see happening is possibly just raising special attack a bit more (though honestly, that's a bit redundant), and speed, and that's just about it. .___. Mayyybe HP, but yeah.

What I'd like to see happen (as I mentioned before) is for this form to be a more physical form of Mewtwo, but it's unlikely that this is the case.
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Forever
let it go

Keldeo's new forme didn't have any stat changes Derk :(

Anyway I don't think it'd be like Keldeo, and we'll actually get a difference in stats, at least Specially I think.
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Community Supporter

Considering all the special attacks it used in the trailer it looks set to be a Special attacker like Normal Mewtwo, though it'll proably be faster as it looks like it's trying to move faster in the anime like it needs more speed of course that may just be anime stuff and have nothing to do with it's stats just how Keldeo is said to be stronger than before yet it has the same bst spread in the games as it's original forme...
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Keldeo's new forme didn't have any stat changes Derk :(

Anyway I don't think it'd be like Keldeo, and we'll actually get a difference in stats, at least Specially I think.
That's...exactly what I was confused about! but MRAS clarified so it's all good now. ^^;

In any case, is it really wrong that part of me hopes this thing pulls a Keldeo? I mean, think about it guys: Does Mewtwo necessarily need to be any stronger than what it is currently? It already has a beast special attack and speed, so what else doesn't really need to help it shine out there in the battlefield? I suppose it can be argued that a bit more special attack and speed wouldn't hurt but I have a question for those people: How much is too much? I just really hope that its stats don't skyrocket because again, Mewtwo doesn't really need it to be formidable in any way (or more formidable than it already is currently).

Maybe, and just maybe have a 5-10 point increase in special attack and speed if absolutely anything had to be touched, but that'd be just about it.
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Forever
let it go

Maybe it'll just have a new useless ability! Like Illusion or something.
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Maybe it'll just have a new useless ability! Like Illusion or something.
Well if it's overly powerful, I can't imagine it's ability being too useful. Maybe just Synchronize or something at best.
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Community Supporter

Well it's DW ability is pretty useless, so maybe something similar?
The only explanation for making Mewtwo stronger in story is that it's suppose to be the strongest Pokemon by creation. With Kyurem and Arceus around it sort of isn't quite there in terms of BSt. Of course BSt and story aren't connected, so who knows what kind of story explanation they'll give...maybe it learns a new signature move?
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I really don't care if it gets a new signature move or whatever, just leave it at that, I guess. u___u /vehemently opposed to Mewtwo already getting stronger than it is, obviously.

I mean, if the pros are: More special attack/speed, then I'd just like the cons for this new form to be Ability/Defenses/Perhaps not that strong of a signature move?
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
I mean, if the pros are: More special attack/speed, then I'd just like the cons for this new form to be Ability/Defenses/Perhaps not that strong of a signature move?
This is just based off of its appearance, but if stat changes were to be given, then I think the power behind its special attack and speed getting an increase while its defenses being lowered would make sense.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yeah, I severely doubt they'd just boost Mewtwo's already sky-high BST just for the sake of a new form. They'd probably take stuff from other stats to boost it if that's what they're going for. That or it's just going to be a Keldo-Resolute and have a new aesthetic with zero actual practicality of the new form.
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Community Supporter

Keldeo got it's new forme with it's signature move in B2W2...perhaps Mewtwo could get it's gen 5 move the same way? That way we don't have to level up a Mewtwo to level 100 to get the move (if we didn't get it from an event that is).
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Lighthero34
Unhatched Egg

I feel as though this part of the transformation rut that I think Gamefreak is beginning to form. I mean I kind of get sick of new formes and not just a new Pokemon aren't you? I know everyone was at least a tiny bit disappointed when they announced that there was no Mewthree, just a new form of Mewtwo.
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthero34 View Post
I feel as though this part of the transformation rut that I think Gamefreak is beginning to form. I mean I kind of get sick of new formes and not just a new Pokemon aren't you? I know everyone was at least a tiny bit disappointed when they announced that there was no Mewthree, just a new form of Mewtwo.
Eh. Honestly, I don't believe that anyone should be that surprised. .____. New forms seem to be more of a thing that GF is prone to doing nowadays, so if they feel like doing it, they're most likely going to do it. They're really...very cookie-cutter about it but, that's GF for you, I guess.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here