The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I need to level grind for the seventh gym and all I can do right now are breeder battles and random tall grass encounters. Please help
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
I need to level grind for the seventh gym and all I can do right now are breeder battles and random tall grass encounters. Please help
Have you tried battling wild Audino?

You basically just run around where there's grass and there's a chance a patch of grass might shake, run into the shaking grass to encounter a rare Pokemon, and most of the time it will be Audino. They give out loads of EXP points when defeated and is a great way for leveling up faster than if you train against other Pokemon, and with the Lucky Egg you get even more EXP.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Hey, breeding question.

Because it can't learn it by itself in Gen V, I want to breed my Piloswine so that its egg can learn Ancientpower. But I have never tried using egg moves before... How do they work? Do I just breed the pokemon? Or is there a specific way you need to do things? Thanks!~
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Hey, breeding question.

Because it can't learn it by itself in Gen V, I want to breed my Piloswine so that its egg can learn Ancientpower. But I have never tried using egg moves before... How do they work? Do I just breed the pokemon? Or is there a specific way you need to do things? Thanks!~
You need to reteach AncientPower through the Reminder Girl (she's at the PWT in B2/W2) and in order to pass down egg moves, the male parent needs to know the egg move you want the baby to learn.

Remember, in breeding, female passes species down, male passes egg moves down.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Krookodile777
Togepi

How in the world to I get a battle video on my computer and to Youtube?

I tried "Sending" it and it gave me this code 15-61212-99488

That as far as I can tell can't actually be looked up and viewed any way except by looking it up on a DS.

How do I get it onto my computer/youtube? D:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Well... breeder battles are very nice grinding way.
You get money + you get more exps for beating trainer's Pokemon.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Quote:
http://www.pokedit.com/

Mail yourself a level 100 Mewtwo or something >

Then just make him your last resort if the rest of your legit team fails

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:31 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Well... breeder battles are very nice grinding way.
You get money + you get more exps for beating trainer's Pokemon.
This. There is a birdbrain Breeder on Route 7, very useful to train Electric types for the nearby Gym.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 4th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post
http://www.pokedit.com/

Mail yourself a level 100 Mewtwo or something >

Then just make him your last resort if the rest of your legit team fails
I REALLY don't think PokeEdit is needed in such an easy game as B2W2 is...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:55 AM
PkmnYugiFreak
Unhatched Egg

Hi first time poster, long time player. I've completed my White 2 for a while now and I wanted to just restart it just for fun. On previous games I was able to start a journey without saving and play until I beat the E4 because you have to save after you do. However today I came across a blockage in doing so. Ive defeated Roxie then i was lead to PokéStar Studios. I tried to leave when everybody was talking however I keep on getting stopped and the guy says I cant leave until I make a movie. So I went and made the movie then I just realized I have to save to get it released. So my question is, is there a way to get past that roadblock or is it impossible to continue? Thx for the responses in advance.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:11 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
In order to save a game in a new save file while a previous save file is active (like in your case), you must delete the previous save file. Return to the title screen and press the Up button (on the D-pad), the B button and the Select button at the same time. You'll be taken to a screen where it asks you to delete your save file and say yes to both confirmations.

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:15 AM
PkmnYugiFreak
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
In order to save a game in a new save file while a previous save file is active (like in your case), you must delete the previous save file. Return to the title screen and press the Up button (on the D-pad), the B button and the Select button at the same time. You'll be taken to a screen where it asks you to delete your save file and say yes to both confirmations.
Thanks but thats not the answer Im looking for. I already know how to start a new game
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkmnYugiFreak View Post
Thanks but thats not the answer Im looking for. I already know how to start a new game
Well, then I'm afraid you're stuck in Pokéstar Studios unless you get rid of your old save file.

Old May 4th, 2013, 01:33 PM
PkmnYugiFreak
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Well, then I'm afraid you're stuck in Pokéstar Studios unless you get rid of your old save file.
Ok. I just want a confirmation that i have to restart or if someone found a way to get past it.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Does anyone know what happen to Victory Road during the in between years of B/W and B2/W2?
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:04 AM
astrall

Are there any bad effects when I adjust the time of my DS/3DS to change the in-game season?
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Does anyone know what happen to Victory Road during the in between years of B/W and B2/W2?
The same reason Route 10 no longer exists. Some sort of landslide on the old Victory Road invaded upon Route 10, which is why Opelucid City to the north is closed off. If you use a walkthrough walls cheat to get through the barrier, you'll find there's just forest there, and it shows up as an unknown map of some sort if you meander through. I saw a video of someone walking the old Route 10 in W2. A Memory Link by the barriers with a character and a picture of the old Route 10 would have been a fantastic idea, though I wish Route 10 catches maintained their catch location in B2/W2 instead of saying a faraway place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrall View Post
Are there any bad effects when I adjust the time of my DS/3DS to change the in-game season?
Nope. As soon as you start the game, you begin in the season you left in, but as soon as you change to a new map (through a gatehouse, entering or exiting a building, etc.), the season changes, even from Spring immediately to Winter. In Black, I stayed inside a Pokémon Center for two months, so was getting Summer in April.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrall View Post
There are no effects on seasons but if you use Join avenue regularly you have to wait not only the rest of the day that you reset the time but also an additional 24 hours after that.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Austin96
Unhatched Egg

Whats the fastest way to train high level pokemon?
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin96 View Post
Assuming your avenue isn't full of shops that raise levels, high level audino grinding. Go to the highest level area you can go to and battle Audino.
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Thrash
Feebas Führer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin96 View Post
Black Tower/White Tree Hollow is the best way to go. You win prize money and there's no limit on how many times you do it. Slap a Lucky Egg on that Pokémon and you'll level pretty quickly.

MOON PRISM POWER
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
Black Tower/White Tree Hollow is the best way to go. You win prize money and there's no limit on how many times you do it. Slap a Lucky Egg on that Pokémon and you'll level pretty quickly.
Only make sure you go in prepared; You can't use items; in or out of battle. You can still have Pokemon hold stuff, though.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
Not only that, but the Trainers in the Black Tower are also pretty tough to beat, if your team is sort of under-leveled... If your Pokemon gets a status effect except confusion or infatuation and it does not have the ability Natural Cure or any other ability that allows the Pokemon to naturally heal its status effect out of battle, you need to watch out because the status effect is permanent throughout your challenge as you cannot use items. Furthermore, the only way out of this is to battle a doctor.

This is why I hate Zebstrikas with Toxic in Area 10 of the Black Tower :@

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Adore
(◕‿◕✿)

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Adore
I'm trying to complete my Unova Pokedex without a 3DS (I don't have one) and Dream Radar. Three of the last few Pokemon I need are Thundurus, Landlorus and Tornadus. I tried trading for them a while back but apparently they can't be traded while they're in their Therian Formes. Can be traded in their Incarnate Formes?

theme: rain | tumblr
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:39 AM
katrix
Unhatched Egg

ya it can be traded without holding an item
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links