The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I found out a few hours ago that there are many parodies about te OP of SNK. LOL

Attack On Indian was the best, The Pingu one is secondd with the walrus looking a lot like Commander Pixis, third is this japanese parody of the intro hahaha... xD

Here is it if you wanna see it. :3

Old May 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
I found out a few hours ago that there are many parodies about te OP of SNK. LOL

Attack On Indian was the best, The Pingu one is secondd with the walrus looking a lot like Commander Pixis, third is this japanese parody of the intro hahaha... xD

Here is it if you wanna see it. :3

What did I just watch... :'D Oh well.. Cant wait for ep 6...

Old May 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
NO, IT WILL NOT TURN LIKE SAO. THIS ANIME IS AS AWESOME AS ME. C:
Ouch... anime is doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
Is this a shounen? Seinen? Is the gore level comparable to one in bersker? Because stuff I've seen in the bersek manga has yet to be surpassed by any manga in terms of shock value. That manga, although more than 20 years old, made me read it for 6-7 hours per day for 3 days.
There's NOTHING and I repeat... NOTHING that can be compared to Berserk in gore-levels =D

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's why I said it goes with everything, Jaeger :D

Anyways I also finished the manga and... just wtf... :D
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Haha yeah, berserk's stuff can't be compared to this. Doubt even the manga goes as far as berserk. Quite a lot of **** in it is just a little too messed up. Plus it doesn't even stop at gore. There are other...horrific scenes as well. -shrugs- But I love it. Got an amazing plot and really likeable characters. Twists are wtf worthy but all have some amazing subtle foreshadowing. <3

anyway, on-topic: I heard people were getting the feels/being teary eyed in the very first episode. Which scene gave you dem feels? I personally felt the last scene about erin's mom was intended to be quite emotionally moving. It was really well animated. But since we didn't have much connection with the character in question/she didn't get much screen time, it sorta failed to get to me. I'm not really liking Erin much, either. Mikasa, on the other hand, I love. Dunno why.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Ouch... anime is doomed.
It Is! :3

Quote:
Haha yeah, berserk's stuff can't be compared to this. Doubt even the manga goes as far as berserk. Quite a lot of **** in it is just a little too messed up. Plus it doesn't even stop at gore. There are other...horrific scenes as well. -shrugs- But I love it. Got an amazing plot and really likeable characters. Twists are wtf worthy but all have some amazing subtle foreshadowing. <3

anyway, on-topic: I heard people were getting the feels/being teary eyed in the very first episode. Which scene gave you dem feels? I personally felt the last scene about erin's mom was intended to be quite emotionally moving. It was really well animated. But since we didn't have much connection with the character in question/she didn't get much screen time, it sorta failed to get to me. I'm not really liking Erin much, either. Mikasa, on the other hand, I love. Dunno why.
It's Eren not Erin. :3

When Eren's mother got eaten by that Titan I was laughing sarcastically relieved that the titans are not real hahaha... xD

Have you watched episode 5? If you do you'll get more shocked in what'll happen. :3
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:56 PM
derozio
Community Supporter

Like I said, I've only seen one episode. Intend to watch another today. Perhaps later. Series definitely has my interest now.

Also, I really think only the big 'red' fella should be called a titan. :p The other small ones' designs were, in my opinion, not so impressive and they were very small compared to that huge guy. Small ones should be called giants or something. lol

also why didn't the big guy just bring down the whole damn wall? He was easily capable of doing so but the only thing he did choose to do was open up a hole. That's sorta weird. :p
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Quote:
Like I said, I've only seen one episode. Intend to watch another today. Perhaps later. Series definitely has my interest now.

Also, I really think only the big 'red' fella should be called a titan. :p The other small ones' designs were, in my opinion, not so impressive and they were very small compared to that huge guy. Small ones should be called giants or something. lol

also why didn't the big guy just bring down the whole damn wall? He was easily capable of doing so but the only thing he did choose to do was open up a hole. That's sorta weird. :p
No, all giants are known as titans. :3 And titans are classified with their heights.

There are 3-5 Meter titans, 7 Meter Titans, 15 Meter Titans, and etc... :3

And that huge guy is the Colossal Titan (So technically it is a titan :p) and it can't destroy the wall at all. It can only destroy the gate in the wall in order for other titans to get in the town.

Spoiler:
Only the Armored Titan is capable of breaking and make a massive hole in the wall.
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:08 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I agree that there wasn't much time to be particularly invested in their mother. I think the scene is primarily aiming to give the audience an idea as to how grotesque the titans are (I mean, these are freakin' creepy) as well give reason to the idea of revenge/ helplessness in Erin. I knew the mother's death was coming and I just didn't want to watch it. I mean, that particular titan was just so damn happy to take a bite out of her it was just... ugh. And yes, Mikasa is amazing :3c

One thing that I've noticed is that all of the seiyuu have shown themselves to be pretty good screamers which is awesome. Armin's scream at the end of episode 5 resonates with me particularly for some reason. Maybe its the epic chime music that sets it all up and lends an already important scene some extra power but whatever :P

Last edited by DrFuji; May 6th, 2013 at 03:24 AM. Reason: More titan pictures
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
I agree that there wasn't much time to be particularly invested in their mother. I think the scene is primarily aiming to give the audience an idea as to how grotesque the titans are (I mean, this is freakin' creepy) as well give reason to the idea of revenge/ helplessness in Erin. I knew the mother's death was coming and I just didn't want to watch it. I mean, that particular titan was just so damn happy to take a bite out of her it was just... ugh. And yes, Mikasa is awesome

One thing that I've noticed is that all of the seiyuu have shown themselves to be pretty good screamers which is awesome. Armin's scream at the end of episode 5 resonates with me particularly for some reason. Maybe its the epic chime music that sets it all up and lends an already important scene some extra power but whatever
Why the heck do titans have so many teeth and have no canines? :/
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
One thing that I've noticed is that all of the seiyuu have shown themselves to be pretty good screamers which is awesome. Armin's scream at the end of episode 5 resonates with me particularly for some reason. Maybe its the epic chime music that sets it all up and lends an already important scene some extra power but whatever
I can only say this...
Marina, Marina, Marina

Quote:
No, all giants are known as titans. :3 And titans are classified with their heights.

And that huge guy is the Colossal Titan (So technically it is a titan :p) and it can't destroy the wall at all. It can only destroy the gate in the wall in order for other titans to get in the town.

Spoiler:
Only the Armored Titan is capable of breaking and make a massive hole in the wall.
They should be called Eotens! :D
Eoten is the best term xD
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

Spoiler:
I think he knows they're all called titans but thinks that the smaller ones shouldn't be.

I read that there is a good reason for why the titans do what they do from the manga, didn't spoil myself as to what it is so I'm excited and hope it makes it into the anime. Without that the show would lack depth imo - especially when they explained in the latest episode how they only target humans. If there was no explanation as to why it would just feel like they were made-up villains to move the plot forward.
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Quote:

They should be called Eotens! :D
Eoten is the best term xD
I don't know Colossal Eoten or Armored Eoten is meh. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I think he knows they're all called titans but thinks that the smaller ones shouldn't be.

I read that there is a good reason for why the titans do what they do from the manga, didn't spoil myself as to what it is so I'm excited and hope it makes it into the anime. Without that the show would lack depth imo - especially when they explained in the latest episode how they only target humans. If there was no explanation as to why it would just feel like they were made-up villains to move the plot forward.
Then what should we call those little titans? XD
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:32 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Quote:

Then what should we call those little titans? XD
Why not call them "the army of giant stupid naked people"?

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I don't know Colossal Eoten or Armored Eoten is meh. :3
That's why it's Behemoth and... Armored Eoten xD
And the other names they use xD

Quote:
With the pace anime is going... I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was actually explained...
With this pace, they have only covered 6 chapters... and with 24 episodes planned, they can go max to chapter 30 (which is not end of the Female Eoten arc, so they will omit some things to finish that one).
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

No shush. They have to explain something. I really like the show so far, but that's with the promise that things will be explained. If they don't explain, I'll lose a lot of like for the show.
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
derozio
Community Supporter

^ yeah, same here, Touj.

Anyway, JUST finished watching episode 4. HOLY ****. I'm really loving this anime. SO FREAKIN' PUMPED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. Starting episode 5 right now. even though i've gotta study and give a test today
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Quote:
No shush. They have to explain something. I really like the show so far, but that's with the promise that things will be explained. If they don't explain, I'll lose a lot of like for the show.
I was thinking about this earlier and I came to two conclusions:

>There shouldn't be TOO many unanswered questions since most of those arise after the (predicted) ending point of the anime. The thing that irks me the most about this series is that there are tons of revelations with explanations few and far between. Even at the current point in the manga, there are still tons of unanswered questions from the beginning of the series as well as those that have piled up all throughout. It seems to be a ways off until any explanations will be given, so for now I'm just gritting my teeth and waiting.

>The anime's end is entirely up in the air. The current pace matches the manga at about ~1 chapter per episode (as well as integrating a flashback chapter in early on) so that pace would mean that it ends right in the middle of a very important story arc, which...can't happen, of course. So either that'll be rushed through or omitted with filler taking its place. Both would be really painful, but a second season is always an option and the filler would really compliment that in the long run.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

The only unanswered question I really care about is "why do they do it". I don't care how they came into existence or anything else; I would be completely satisfied knowing why.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
The only unanswered question I really care about is "why do they do it". I don't care how they came into existence or anything else; I would be completely satisfied knowing why.
Well... that's not even in manga so... that's that...
Only theories are pilling up considering what manga revealed about Eotens.
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Quote:
Well... that's not even in manga so... that's that...
Only theories are pilling up considering what manga revealed about Eotens.
Lots of revelations, lots of hinting at future revelations, but no real explanations about anything. It's kind of a letdown, to be honest. The burden ultimately falls on the secrets in the basement and

Spoiler:
whatever Christa supposedly knows.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
derozio
Community Supporter

^ that's definitely not a bad thing, though. It keeps the series from running out of steam. Keeps viewers/readers genuinely interested in whatever the hell's coming up next. That's my view, anyway. Seriously, if it weren't for TONS of unanswered questions in One Piece even after almost 600 episodes/700 chapters now I doubt it'd still be interesting

Though yeah, it'd be one hell of a letdown if the explanations ultimately fail to be satisfactory. It's gotta be something I could never think about. There were quite a few things that I guessed while reading the manga and they turned out to be true. Things like
Spoiler:
Eren and Annie being titans. Didn't see this coming, though - Ryner and the other guy being the armored and the collosal titans. That came out of nowhere, lol

That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)

Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

It seems to be released monthly and the translations are always released between the 9th and the 13th, so the next chapter should be out any day now. I'm pretty excited for it because the ending of the last one came out of nowhere.
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Quote:
^ that's definitely not a bad thing, though. It keeps the series from running out of steam. Keeps viewers/readers genuinely interested in whatever the hell's coming up next. That's my view, anyway. Seriously, if it weren't for TONS of unanswered questions in One Piece even after almost 600 episodes/700 chapters now I doubt it'd still be interesting

Though yeah, it'd be one hell of a letdown if the explanations ultimately fail to be satisfactory. It's gotta be something I could never think about. There were quite a few things that I guessed while reading the manga and they turned out to be true. Things like BAMBAMBAM

That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)

Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p
Why the heck did you spoiled yourself? xD And please make that spoiler go away it's a pretty huge one The manga's chapters are released monthly. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
It seems to be released monthly and the translations are always released between the 9th and the 13th, so the next chapter should be out any day now. I'm pretty excited for it because the ending of the last one came out of nowhere.
Chapter 45 was released yesterday and I'm reading it now. :3

Last edited by Shadowraze; May 11th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
Just watched episode 6. Where does the time go as I am watching this?! :O

Spoiler:
Really nice backstory on Mikasa. I feel sorry for her. :( I loved seeing Eren give her the scarf. :3 Really highlights their bond... and I can't wait for next week. She still doesn't know what has happened to him. I'm very satisfied with the adaptation, as I've read this chapter already. I didn't read beyond like, chapter 15 though.
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Quote:
Chapter 45 was released yesterday and I'm reading it now. :3
AAAAHHHHH thank you so much for saying so. I'm definitely going to hop on that once I finish making dinner.

Sponsored Links