The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Forever
let it go

Okay so I just had a new idea of threads I can make here. Basically each week or so I'm just going to make a thread discussing like, a city in Unova. Not a favourite, but discuss the atmosphere, the draws of it, the negatives. What it was lacking, etc. HOPEFULLY THIS DRAWS IN SOME SORT OF DISCUSSION MAYBE? Also this is in no means official it's just something I wanna do :3

Anyway this week, Icirrus City! What were your general vibes about it? What did it make you think of? Do you think it was engaging enough, did you want to explore more of it? What stands out most about it? Did you like the added bonus of the dancing children? What about the windmills? The rockets? The wild Pokemon in the actual city? Discuss those and anything else that comes to mind about Icirrus! n_n Also this can include your thoughts from any of the Unova games!
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:30 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
One of the things I don't like about it is that the puddles turn ice in winter and I hate ice puzzles. I did enjoy the general build though.

I didn't like how the puddles turned to ice in the winter. I do like how it is kind of raised in some parts. And the gym design is totally awesome.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.

Last edited by mozartm99; May 6th, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Icirrus City definitely reminds me of a few towns back home in Louisiana, even the routes near it. It's definitely a cute, marshy little village, with a very family oriented vibe to it. The wild Pokemon in the citymake it a little more believable as a city in the Pokemon World to me. Hundreds of towns and cities and this is one of the VERY few that have Pokemon IN it? Really? But it's cute. I'd say the thing that pops out to me the most is that random dead end bridge in it that only leads to a few trees and an ambush from the Triad. Why is it there?? D:

The only thing I don't like is having to go through Twist Mountain to get to the City. Other than that, i find it to be an adorable place. c:
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved how Icirrus City was situated in the wetlands and was very different from most other parts of Unova. And even then it's not often for cities and towns to have wild Pokemon catchable in them (in this case, Shelmet, Stunfisk and Palpitoad, as well as Croagunk in B2/W2). And I like how you can also battle the Shadow Triad here once a season.

The only disappointment with Icirrus City was the fact you had to go through Twist Mountain to get to it, and the fact the puddles froze over in winter but all and all it's still very unique to most cities and towns in Unova.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Forever
let it go

For me I thought... idk, I expected it to be a little different. Like, I wanted to get into the actual windmill, I wanted it to be longer, and I wanted to enter it from the East, (idk why, because of Mario games...?) But overall I thought there could've been a lot more and it just seemed so small where it could've been soo much more!
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like how Icirrus City is the only city where you can see wild Pokémon by walking around. The gym puzzle there in B/W was an interesting take on the ice puzzles of the past, tbh.

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
My favorite part about Icirrus City was that during the winter you could reach a house that had former members of Team Aqua and Team Magma (in B2/W2), and there was also that guy who played the Route 10 music. I was disappointed with the fact that the Gym served no purpose in B2/W2. IMO more towns should have had the large snow piles during the winter.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links