• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Icirrus City: Discussion time!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so I just had a new idea of threads I can make here. Basically each week or so I'm just going to make a thread discussing like, a city in Unova. Not a favourite, but discuss the atmosphere, the draws of it, the negatives. What it was lacking, etc. HOPEFULLY THIS DRAWS IN SOME SORT OF DISCUSSION MAYBE? Also this is in no means official it's just something I wanna do :3

Anyway this week, Icirrus City! What were your general vibes about it? What did it make you think of? Do you think it was engaging enough, did you want to explore more of it? What stands out most about it? Did you like the added bonus of the dancing children? What about the windmills? The rockets? The wild Pokemon in the actual city? Discuss those and anything else that comes to mind about Icirrus! n_n Also this can include your thoughts from any of the Unova games!

Years
One of the things I don't like about it is that the puddles turn ice in winter and I hate ice puzzles. I did enjoy the general build though.

I didn't like how the puddles turned to ice in the winter. I do like how it is kind of raised in some parts. And the gym design is totally awesome.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Icirrus City definitely reminds me of a few towns back home in Louisiana, even the routes near it. It's definitely a cute, marshy little village, with a very family oriented vibe to it. The wild Pokemon in the citymake it a little more believable as a city in the Pokemon World to me. Hundreds of towns and cities and this is one of the VERY few that have Pokemon IN it? Really? But it's cute. I'd say the thing that pops out to me the most is that random dead end bridge in it that only leads to a few trees and an ambush from the Triad. Why is it there?? D:

The only thing I don't like is having to go through Twist Mountain to get to the City. Other than that, i find it to be an adorable place. c:

Years
I loved how Icirrus City was situated in the wetlands and was very different from most other parts of Unova. And even then it's not often for cities and towns to have wild Pokemon catchable in them (in this case, Shelmet, Stunfisk and Palpitoad, as well as Croagunk in B2/W2). And I like how you can also battle the Shadow Triad here once a season.

The only disappointment with Icirrus City was the fact you had to go through Twist Mountain to get to it, and the fact the puddles froze over in winter but all and all it's still very unique to most cities and towns in Unova.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me I thought... idk, I expected it to be a little different. Like, I wanted to get into the actual windmill, I wanted it to be longer, and I wanted to enter it from the East, (idk why, because of Mario games...?) But overall I thought there could've been a lot more and it just seemed so small where it could've been soo much more!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like how Icirrus City is the only city where you can see wild Pokémon by walking around. The gym puzzle there in B/W was an interesting take on the ice puzzles of the past, tbh.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
My favorite part about Icirrus City was that during the winter you could reach a house that had former members of Team Aqua and Team Magma (in B2/W2), and there was also that guy who played the Route 10 music. I was disappointed with the fact that the Gym served no purpose in B2/W2. IMO more towns should have had the large snow piles during the winter.

Back