The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old Posted May 6th, 2013 (10:12 AM). Edited May 7th, 2013 by Wildlian.
Wildlian

Nature: Lax
What I have for my idea so far is it being a bit like final fantasy where you can put equipment on you and your pokemon as well as your character being able to fight battles! And be able to have relationships with your pokemon.

I was thinking that your character has been living with a female Absol that's been taking care of you and that you can understand pokemon because of that.
Old Posted May 7th, 2013 (01:17 AM).
Keromatsu
Froakie is Awesome!

Nature: Naughty
That means Pokemon follow you? GREAT! My favourite future and I can help you in ripping tile after 3 to 4 days after my exams I do not know they can be postponed. Uhh off-topic...
Oh! Nice story plus releationship is weird... You need skilled people for equipment

Pokedex status 718/718 please check out my list here thanks! Oh wait Im done! but i want to fill it with event Pokemon too Victini is the only event Pokemon not in my Dex http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334680
Old Posted May 7th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
Wildlian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superqami View Post
That means Pokemon follow you? GREAT! My favourite future and I can help you in ripping tile after 3 to 4 days after my exams I do not know they can be postponed. Uhh off-topic...
Oh! Nice story plus releationship is weird... You need skilled people for equipment
Thanks and I know, The idea just came to me while working on my fanfic. I was starting to have doubts about getting this started but, Its nice to know that i know have someone that is willing to help.
Old Posted May 7th, 2013 (08:33 AM). Edited May 7th, 2013 by Keromatsu.
Keromatsu
Froakie is Awesome!

Thank you! Glad to be of service. if you want BW Themed start menu I mean the one where you click new game and continue, you should check carmaniac's tutorial

What is the Legend Pokemon?

Pokedex status 718/718 please check out my list here thanks! Oh wait Im done! but i want to fill it with event Pokemon too Victini is the only event Pokemon not in my Dex http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334680
Old Posted May 7th, 2013 (09:12 AM).
Wildlian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superqami View Post
Thank you! Glad to be of service. if you want BW Themed start menu I mean the one where you click new game and continue, you should check carmaniac's tutorial

What is the Legend Pokemon?
I haven't thought of that yet.
Old Posted May 7th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
For equipment on pokemon, you could easily take advantage of hold items.
Maybe learn a bit of scripting so you can add multiple hold items, like Head item, Torso Item, Leg Item; That kind of thing?

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old Posted May 7th, 2013 (09:32 AM).
Wildlian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
For equipment on pokemon, you could easily take advantage of hold items.
Maybe learn a bit of scripting so you can add multiple hold items, like Head item, Torso Item, Leg Item; That kind of thing?
I'm thinking that I might need Final Fantasy scripts to help with that.
Old Posted May 9th, 2013 (01:40 PM).
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

In my experience (which is limited to gamemaker for windows as far as games go), The best way to have multiple 'items', or variables, would be to use a map. That way, the data can be quickly saved, and keys can be 'added' or deleted to determine whether or not an item is equipped there.
When you do it that way, It's not complicated at all.
My deviantart. contains all of my screenshots. EVER.
For your convenience. download my (beta) demo.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links