The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Team Plasma was pretty cool, I guess. I didn't really like them a whole lot as an organization, but individually I loved Colress and Angie as characters. I really like that Team Rocket is more of a threat, but I'm still annoyed that it came at the cost of their personalities. I'm glad they're slowly going back to their old selves, but I hope they don't just become overused and appallingly incompetent again.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Zixius
Unhatched Egg

I also like their personalities. They should be serious on missions, but revert to their old selves when they're after Pikachu, more so than they already have. I hope that they'll become as "punny" as they were in Kanto and Johto.

Just curious. Have you watched all of the subs up to the most current episode or do the subs stop at "Episode N" episode 13. I've been searching but I can't find any subs after episode 13. I can, however, find information on the episodes.
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Well the thing is that the subbers are about six weeks behind as far as I can tell. I mainly watch things raw these days just because they're not up-to-date and because Pokémon is not difficult to understand. Also I get scene-by-scene summaries from some people on tumblr within a week of watching. But yeah, I don't think the subs for anything further than that are out yet.

I just hope the TRio actually get some proper missions. They do so well when they have direction. ;_;

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:22 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Yeah but i have a hunch those missions would be just like old ones. Hopefully I am wrong in this
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Zixius
Unhatched Egg

I've been re-watching some old episodes (Kanto and Johto) and I have to say that I miss the amount of puns they used to make. Although they never succeeded... at anything they at least were able to through in a few puns. If anything is to change about Team Rocket I hope its the return of the puns. I haven't noticed many in the Unova series. Then again, I might just be missing them.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Yeah they really were the main source of comedy in Pokémon imo. You haven't been missing them in BW; they just haven't been punning. It's very sad and slightly aggravating because their humour was such a part of their characters.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do agree with Anna, Team Rocket were really great back when they were hilarious and when I heard they were getting more serious in Best Wishes I felt they weren't funny anymore. Even before I found out they went back to their white uniforms around 20+ episodes in.

As for the puns, I do admit they haven't been appearing as much in BW.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old May 10th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

I really really wish they hadn't sacrificed personality for competency. Does anyone know- I mean I'd be able to find it if I felt like looking I'm sure- but did the main Pokémon writing staff encounter a major turnover between Sinnoh & BW? Because after watching through older episodes, BW seems majorly underdone. Like all of the episodes and plots and battles and characterization could have been done so much better.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:22 AM
alienhunterx

As some more news have started to come of X and Y.. Is it safe to discuss the characters appearing there in this thread?
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Yeah sure! This is not a spoiler-free thread.

I want the Karos girl to appear like this in the anime:
Spoiler:

And wouldn't it be cool if she were Ash's main rival rather than travelling companion? And maybe she'd travel with the group at intervals? She seems a bit older as well and looks like a competent trainer from the get-go. I want her to not be a rookie. :D

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:16 AM
alienhunterx

She reminds me of Dawn's looks... I hope she is a fierce competitor too just like you said. Also I don't mind that she could travel with Ash too. Too confused to say one specific thing...
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

She does have kind of a girly vibe I guess but she seems a lot more metropolitan than Dawn. And her outfit is so much cuter yo. I'm really really hoping contests make a comeback or something different than gyms shows up because it's very likely that she'll travel with Ash and I don't want her to just be hanging around or doing the same thing he is. She looks like she'd be such a fun character; I don't want her to be sidelined. ;;

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:39 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
She does have kind of a girly vibe I guess but she seems a lot more metropolitan than Dawn. And her outfit is so much cuter yo. I'm really really hoping contests make a comeback or something different than gyms shows up because it's very likely that she'll travel with Ash and I don't want her to just be hanging around or doing the same thing he is. She looks like she'd be such a fun character; I don't want her to be sidelined. ;;
It was just that her height and Skirt look reminded me of Dawn's. But I have a sudden thought she might be coming later in the anime just like Cheren. You know they always make us wait for the special people
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

As late as Cheren? I wouldn't think so... they may wait an episode or two for her, but since she's a protagonist and not a rival I would think she'd be given "feature character" status. At least as prominent as Bianca!

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:17 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
As late as Cheren? I wouldn't think so... they may wait an episode or two for her, but since she's a protagonist and not a rival I would think she'd be given "feature character" status. At least as prominent as Bianca!
Maybe you are right but I also want to see the Male Protagonist of games in the anime also. I also missed him in the Unova saga as well
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

I want him around as well, but the thing is that... he can't really travel with the main group unless Cilan goes and Ash goes on a journey with a pair of fraternal twins? Or somwthing similar. You just can't have the main group be all guys. But you can't do that option either because you need someone to counter the idiocy and take care of the young'uns.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I want him around as well, but the thing is that... he can't really travel with the main group unless Cilan goes and Ash goes on a journey with a pair of fraternal twins? Or somwthing similar. You just can't have the main group be all guys. But you can't do that option either because you need someone to counter the idiocy and take care of the young'uns.
Yes Cilan is such an adorable character that you would want him along with Ash in Kalos region. OK at least they introduce him even for one episode
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

You know... they should do something like... okay you have the main three, right- Cilan, Ash, Kalos girl- and then you have a rival with a group instead of just the rival travelling by him/herself. So you have in that Kalos rival, Kalos boy, and maybe one other. Just because why not?

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:10 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
You know... they should do something like... okay you have the main three, right- Cilan, Ash, Kalos girl- and then you have a rival with a group instead of just the rival travelling by him/herself. So you have in that Kalos rival, Kalos boy, and maybe one other. Just because why not?
Yeah the Kalos Boy fits very easily into the Rival story. You know just like Barry from Sinnoh. Ash starting in Kalos region and he finds Kalos Boy and Girl in the professor's Lab. Soon after their rivalry starts. I also want Trip to show up in Kalos region as well along with old Gary
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Well, if Cilan and Iris you know, leave, I also want to see both prtoags from X and Y. Reason being we never really see the male protagonist ever. Like, Brenden was in the movie, Lucas was in the movie, Hilda and Hilbert have never appeared, Ethan has his own spin off and e.t.c, so I'd like to see both of them travel with him rather than one Gym Leader and one trainer. xD
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old May 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

That'd be fun, but tbh I don't think Cilan is going anywhere. I mean... pretty sure Iris is going to end up training with Clair. But Cilan? The Sommelier concept is so very French. Would they waste his potential story arc in Kalos? And they haven't given him even as much development as Iris; I hope that means they've been saving his character exploration for a second regional arc.

I really would like Kalos boy to be at least a semi-important character though. Actually! They could put four in the main group again- Kalos siblings with Ash and Cilan. And start doing more character focus again pls ;;

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Cilan could travel to Kalos with Ash; it's pretty possible, like how Brock traveled to multiple regions with Ash. I don't know how this could tie into his development or personality though, but, it can be interesting to see.

If this is the case though, I really would like more character development this time too, but personally, I'd like new and fresher characters. I also agree that it should be four people in the main group again - that's part of the reason why I loved the Hoenn saga; May and Max had a loot of development, and I did really love their characters over time!

It was even more of a shame when they parted though. </3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

The BW arc was really lackluster in terms of development imo? Like iirc there were four Pokémon that got major development/backstory- Excadrill, Axew, Scraggy, and Tepig/Pignite. Two of those are Iris'. Two of them were babies and had continuous visible maturation. Two of them had traumatic pasts to deal with. Pretty much all the other Pokémon were stagnant in terms of character progression. And out of the humans, I'm pretty sure that N, Iris and Burgundy got the most actual development and backstory revelation. In that order. And it wasn't a lot. Especially compared to AG & DP character and Pokémon arcs I mean wow. BW was just very flat. It had lots of interesting characters with lots of potential, but they never expanded upon them.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:52 PM
alienhunterx

Iris has also started fighting with Ash a bit. There is an episode coming in the future. Well guys a bit off topic. I saw the three Dekorora episodes yesterday. The ending was very superb showing Bianca learning the Trio group had leaved Unova. She then contacts other friends of our heroes about this. Can we suggest that the guys are coming back in future or it was just a promotional stuff?
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

I'm hoping that's what it's implying! But I hope they don't just come back for a tournament. There's been enough mildly crappy tournament arcs in Best Wishes. :/

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links