The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Congrats to Kitori for winning the April Monthly Quest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Just as some news, I have been working on the xat chat so there are now pages such as FAQs, contest info and a comments page on there. There is also a brand new background on the chat itself and behind it. Hopefully the revamp will attract some to chat there :3

Also, I'm going to be taking shiny hunters club promotional image requests for a bit. I do have school so they may not be done instantaneously, but if you want a personalised shiny collection trainer card/userbar/whatever for your signature, or an avatar or profile pic or pretty much anything, be sure to PM me! :D
Thanks, TSE! You've done a really great job maintaining the chat and making it all cool and everything. It even has Monthly Quest information and stuff!!

You can find the chat here: http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub !

Quote:
Just wondering - do Rumble shinies count for monthly/yearly quests?
Sorry, just shinies from the main games. Congrats on the Pidgeot, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post
I do have one question though do pokemon that Ash and his companions caught in the Pokemon Manga (Electric tale of Pikachu) count as well?
I was going to count just the ones from the anime, but if you guys wanted to hunt some from the manga, we could put up a poll or something to see what everybody wants to do.

Quote:
Corsola
Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that won't count for the Monthly Quest - chained shinies aren't counted for the Quests, since the odds can go up to 1/200. But to make it fair, it'll count if you get the equivalent of a 1/8192 shiny; so go catch 41 shiny Corsola!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature
Those are really awesome!!!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitRed View Post
Currently hunting down:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspectedElk View Post
Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unowen View Post
Hi there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rai~ View Post
Hi everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTheTyphlosion View Post
Hello.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrius Shinamorri View Post
S'up guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafblade77 View Post
Hey
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroguewriter View Post
Hello
Welcome to the club, everyone!! Best of luck in your hunts!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
Anyone remember me?
Of course!! Welcome back, Lunafloon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACALSTA View Post
I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome back, DACALSTA! Good luck on your Bug-type hunt!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Dunsparce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
shiny Golduck (10525 random encounters), Chimchar (11 soft resets), Growlithe (4672 random encounters) and most importantly, I finally got shiny Snivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
ponyta
Quote:
Pachirisu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizare18 View Post
Stickybuns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitori View Post
AHHH SHINY ABSOL!
Quote:
Chatot
Quote:
Audino
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfins View Post
tis lil guy popped up

EDIT 6 HOURS LATER: The shiny gods are smiling upon me today! This little lady just popped up on my copy of White after another 6 hours of dual hunting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
Shiny phanpy woohoo!!!
Quote:
Graveler
Quote:
Mr. Mime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
say hello to my fifth shiny Zubat...... i now have a Zubat and Patrat army, ready to take over the world......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
It turned out to be a RE shiny. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
i get my third Hoothoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Now I have a shiny male Ralts. <3
Quote:
i got 2 shiny Murkrows
Quote:
Shiny Moltres
Quote:
Shiny Skitty
Quote:
shiny Tentacool
Quote:
Managed to get 9 shiny Ponyta
Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
shiny Magnemite
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopafan29 View Post
I caught another Audino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
A woobat
*jaw drops*

Woah...so many shinies!!! Congrats, everyone!! I hope we didn't use up the whole luck tank for the whole year by May, "lol."

Quote:
Really really want a shiny this April.. two months in a row without a shiny would not be good!
*hugs Druddigon from September*
G-Money is hurt by Rough Skin!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; May 5th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Welcome to the club Leafblade! I recongnise your name, do you have a shiny pokemon youtube or something? Haha

@G-Money

Thanks! I hope it serves everyone for a good time! Haha :D
Thanks for the congrats
Nuu D: But you see, G has important things to be doing as well as hunting and doesn't get shinies, TSE at that point was doing nothing but hunting and not getting shinies, lol!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; May 5th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
@ G-Money: Thanks~!

@Leafblade77: Welcome to the club and good luck on your hunt~

@Spritingyoshi22: Congrats on the corsola!

@TSE: Congrats on the rumble Pidgeott! I've never played rumble myself and now I'm kind of interested in going back and playing it... it looks pretty fun~

@DACALSTA: Welcome back!

@Kirozane: Congrats on the woobat! It's so cute with it's green color~ I think Mint is the perfect name. :3

@TSE & FishyFins: I'm thinking about doing a badge quest too now that you guys have been talking about it! I had been intending on doing a monotype challenge but I'm more interested in shinies and think this would be more fun for me... Should we do something for the club with this? I was thinking about starting a thread in the challenge forum since there doesn't appear to be one yet...

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old May 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
*hugs Druddigon from September*
G-Money is hurt by Rough Skin!

I have had about a two year drought (not counting the lost Tentacool) and maybe more. I have found a total of two shinies the whole time since I joined the club. Anyone wanna compete for longest drought?

Oh, and I joined the chat a bit ago and the profile thing completely freaked me out. I didn't know what was going on.
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
Oh, and I joined the chat a bit ago and the profile thing completely freaked me out. I didn't know what was going on.
What do you mean? I'm on chat for the first time in a while and I saw you sign in. I tried to say 'hi' but you were gone.

Old May 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitori View Post
@ G-Money: Thanks~!

@Leafblade77: Welcome to the club and good luck on your hunt~

@Spritingyoshi22: Congrats on the corsola!

@TSE: Congrats on the rumble Pidgeott! I've never played rumble myself and now I'm kind of interested in going back and playing it... it looks pretty fun~

@DACALSTA: Welcome back!

@Kirozane: Congrats on the woobat! It's so cute with it's green color~ I think Mint is the perfect name. :3

@TSE & FishyFins: I'm thinking about doing a badge quest too now that you guys have been talking about it! I had been intending on doing a monotype challenge but I'm more interested in shinies and think this would be more fun for me... Should we do something for the club with this? I was thinking about starting a thread in the challenge forum since there doesn't appear to be one yet...
If anyone wants to add me on Skype (I'm TheShiny Eevee it should say from UK) I'm racing with a youtuber called GlasstheDragon in my HG/SS badgequest. We're starting the race tomorrow starting with starters. If anyone wants to join that I'd love to add more people to the race I'll certainly post in a challenge thread if one gets made!

On topic: I hatched about 100 Eevee eggs today. No cigar. I'm not sure if I'll continue hatching tomorrow or keep going with my starters hunt for the race. I think if I get a starter before GTD in the race then I'll continue Eevee before he gets one, but saying that I really want Eevee for my 50 sub special. Any suggestions? :/

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM
theroguewriter
Unhatched Egg

I'm continuing on my quest for a shiny starter on HeartGold, but man it's taking longer than expected. Grinding away though, as I'm bound to hit one eventually. At least that's the theory. I'll probably grind a little more tonight, but may need a break to actually play a little on a different game. The constant resetting gets tiring after a while.

Good luck on everyone else's hunt. :D

SR: Croconaw (HeartGold)

RE: Golduck (Emerald), Golem (Pearl), Butterfree (HeartGold)

PokeRadar (Pearl): Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, Donphan, Ampharos

Event (Soulsilver): Gyrados

Trades (ie, sketchy): Metagross, Braviary
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to all new members and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Omanyte!

I'm still working on my Pokédex on B2. I'm about half done.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Dimitrius Shinamorri

Oh geez! I missed a lot since that forum ran that random update. I got so busy I failed at get the torchic I worked so hard to hunt last week. Strange enough, I sat here for two hours Chaining Pichus when a shiny one popped up on me! Im trying to get my cam running to record me catching this puppy but this laptop's a built-in cam is a mystery to me. Im going to burst from excitement. Im just gonna have to get shots of it after its caught. I threw the ball now. x.x
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally posted by G-Money
Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that won't count for the Monthly Quest - chained shinies aren't counted for the Quests, since the odds can go up to 1/200. But to make it fair, it'll count if you get the equivalent of a 1/8192 shiny; so go catch 41 shiny Corsola!!
Dangit. Oh well I guess it dosn't take the SHINE off Corsola. Anyway I don't think I'm gonna chain for a while as I've already completed my main goals which were: Get more shinys then the previous year and break my 3DS's hoodoo of no Shinys being found on it. Probably going to masuda for Hoothoot on Black version once Ralts decides to shine (Restarted that hunt, This time the Ditto is legit)
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

I've honestly never encountered a legit shiny besides the guaranteed red gyrados in the one game. EVER.

Any shinies I have, I cheated lol

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Janske
Shinyhunter - Trance for life

Hello guys,

First Id like to say I own just too many shinies to post them all here, however those are all pokeradared ones. I own 8 1/8192 pokemon however and that's what I will share since those have WAYYY more value.

1. Wurmple in RUBY (now Beautifly)
2. Wishmur in RUBY
3. Zigzagoon in RUBY
4. Machop in FIRE RED
5. Jigglypuff in FIRE RED
6. Spearow in FIRE RED
7. Abra in SOUL SILVER (game corner)
8. Ekans in SOUL SILVER

in DIAMOND i must have over 50 different shinies but they feel less accomplished.

I am currently soft resetting for a shiny Charmander in FIRE RED and Im at 1846 soft resets so far, however I am losing hope lol.

I also have WHITE version but no luck yet there, but I might try out the Masuda Method after I get Charmander. Any tips on soft resetting starters? I kinda need a boost of motivation haha xD
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Janske

Ok I know double posting isn't allowed but i have great news!! I finally have that lovely yellow lizarddd. Shiny charmander is mine xD!! Took me exactly 2412 SR's so I can't complain that badly:D. I hope this Fire red will be a lucky file lol.

Also Thanks a lot for the sweet information at page 777 G Money. The resaving did the trick for me. I was at 2370 SRs when i did my 1st ever resave. Then at 2400 I did another resave and guess what 12 resets later he shines:D. So I am really thinking this works considering i failed 2370 SR's

I just thought I'd let you guys know
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Dimitrius Shinamorri

Oh snapz. Charmander was my very first Shiny, got it off LeafGreen. Its lost now. But I will get a new one in good time. Congrats dude! :]
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Janske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrius Shinamorri View Post
Oh snapz. Charmander was my very first Shiny, got it off LeafGreen. Its lost now. But I will get a new one in good time. Congrats dude! :]
Thank you very much. Aww so sad u lost it man. I can't even start to begin to imagine what that would feel like, especially if its one u worked hard for to get.

Oh and as for the IV's and nature... It's a male (thank god lol) with a rash nature (prefered adamant timid or modest but hey rash at least boosts its special attack and his speed isnt hindered lol. Wonder if I should make it a mix sweeper or still run the special set regardless. His IVs are rather average for what i found so far. Nothing superb nothing horrid.

HP: 12 - 21
Att: 13 - 15
Def: 14 - 23
SpA: 14 - 17
SpD: 23 - 24
Speed: 7 - 9

Could have been way worse again, just wish his speed was at least 15 or so lol but hey no complaints here.

Oh and what should my next hunt be? SR for a mudkip in Ruby, SR for giratina in Diamond, SR for Dialga/groudon in Soul Silver or just random encounter in Fire red (could be anything)?
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Congratulations on the shiny Charmander. [:

I haven't run into any shinies since I found the three Skitty. But I also haven't been hunting at all. I'm not sure what to look for next...perhaps Gastly. That is, if the current swarm isn't something I'd like to catch as a shiny.

Also, I figured you guys might find this useful. It's helpful in searching for your next target:
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; May 7th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

Hey everyone!~ So I went ahead and set up a thread in the challenge forum for "The Shiny Hunter Challenge"! If anyone has suggestions for rules/optional rules let me know! I kind of just made everything up because I didn't know where to go with it other than basing it around shinies. Haha. Here's the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301216 If you're already doing a run or something similar feel free to join even if you've already started or even if you're not doing exactly what the rules state (let me know so I can expand!) I hope a bunch of you here are interested in doing this with me! =3

@TSE: Maybe set a certain amount of time aside for eevee hunting and do a little every day? Or instead of time do a certain number of eggs? Then you can dedicate the rest of your free time to the race but still spend a little time on eevee every day.

@Dimitrius: Congrats on the Pichu!

@Janske: Congrats on the Charmander! I wonder if the saving thing is legit or if it's just a happy coincidence? .....I still hold down and B when catching pokemon. c_c;

@Slenderman: Thanks for that link! Not that I need more shiny hunts to add to my list... xD

Old May 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM
theroguewriter
Unhatched Egg

Woohoo!!! After 2000ish soft resets (I stopped keeping track after a while) I finally got myself a shiny Totodile on HeartGold! Woot!

Nicknamed him Aggro
male
modest nature (not ideal, but he'll Surf like a beast I hope)
Often scatters things (whatever the heck that means...)
Attack 9
Defense 12
Special Attack 11
Special Defense 10
Speed 9

As it's not a 1/8000ish thing I guess it won't count toward the contesty thing, but hey, 3/8000ish is still pretty awesome, so I'm happy. :D Yay yay yay!

SR: Croconaw (HeartGold)

RE: Golduck (Emerald), Golem (Pearl), Butterfree (HeartGold)

PokeRadar (Pearl): Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, Donphan, Ampharos

Event (Soulsilver): Gyrados

Trades (ie, sketchy): Metagross, Braviary
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Janske

Thank you guys for your replies:D. Made me even happier after reading them haha xD. I think I decided to random encounter for nidoran male next on fire red (that blue nidoking is just so awesome lol) on and off while doing some SR's for either giratina on diamond or dialga in soul silver.

I hope it wont take me too long lol. About the happy coincidence Kitori I have absolutely no idea, but since it worked for me, I might try it out for the next SRs I do and fill you in on how it goes.

Good luck to everyone who is hunting shinies :D
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:10 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Hi guys!

It's been a long time xD
Truth is I stopped hunting and playing pokémon alltogether for a while, but this holiday, I decided to give it another shot and it instantly paid off!

After three days of hunting, and 1374 SRs, may I present to you:

A.K.A. 'Savior'

IVs: 2/27/29/9/14/14
As it's got a Brave nature and fairly good IVs for Attack/ Defense, I'll probably be going for an Attack/ Defense Suicune, which is not on Smogon but I made one up already.

Good luck with all of your hunts!
Attached Images
File Type: png sparkles.png‎ (416.3 KB, 52 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg WP_000190.jpg‎ (842.7 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Janske

Congratz on your shiny Suicune man! And what a lucky guy you are:O. Only 1.3k SR's, that definetely isn't too bad:O.

Any idea on what you will hunt next? And I never had a shiny legendary before, though I might do so on fire red.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM
koopafan29

Hey guys I feel bored and tired of just hunting for shinies since I have already beaten the game so I...
Have joined the Shiny challenge! I will love to have a race btw TSE and Janske wanna race?
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Janske

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopafan29 View Post
Hey guys I feel bored and tired of just hunting for shinies since I have already beaten the game so I...
Have joined the Shiny challenge! I will love to have a race btw TSE and Janske wanna race?
Sure man:D, though currently I am ahead of you since I obtained a shiny charmander already xD. But that doesn't mean you can't catch up to me lol. It just gives u more pressure to get that shiny. Oh and I am not going to lose here easily so give me your best:D
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:49 PM
TheShinyEevee

Welcome to the club to the new members!
Congrats on the Charmander and the Suicune (they're both so purdy :D)
And welcome back the club from your break pokewalker.

Koopafan, what are you hunting? I'm not sure if we have anything to race for right now, but if we do sure thing!

My updateeee:
Eevee MM - 2225
Johto Starters - 9000 Seen

Gonna keep going with at least 1000 Johto starters a day until I get it. Then I'll be hardcore hunting for Eevee till that shines!

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Dimitrius Shinamorri

@Jenske Lol thanks, but my party of Shiny pkmn more than make up for it.

@Kitori Thank you! :D

@Pokewalker Geez! Thats awesome, Shiny suicune. Im trying to get Shiny Entei and Raikou, I just released them all from the tower. Its gonna be killer trying to get them to show themselves. v.v

Hehehe. A bunch of you are going for some really sweet looking Shiny pkmn. Having gotten Shiny Pichu, and it having evolved into Pikachu and my Shiny Eevee into Umbreon, Ive started my hunt on Dratini. Alright Torchic was once first on my current hunting list, it dropped to third after pichu and now Dratini. Im thinking of being crazy and switching out my Shiny Croconaw for a Shiny Horsea... But I dont got one, and am not sure where's the best place or game to hunt for it on. Hm. Gotta see where my priorities are. x.x

Good luck with the Shiny hunting everyone!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here