The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
what about evolution for unknown? i always felt sad for the poor thing, and in this case anything will count as improvement
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I always felt like Unown were more part of the story line and a curiousity in the Pokemon world and were not really meant to battle...i think it's pretty unlikely he'll get an evo, especially since there are so many forms

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Unown....I'm not sure how to put it this way, so I'd have to agree with Zorogami here. I feel he was more like a decoration to the story line. I wouldn't totally mind if Unown got an evo, it's just that...well it's kind of hard to imagine aesthetically what it would become. .___. I honestly thought it's role was just to be kind of...there at the same time, for travelers to decipher it's mysteries, things of that nature, and not really much else.
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Agreed. Unown just has hidden power in his pocket. Obviously not for battle purpose.

Yeah, unown may get some new forms though...
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:34 AM
MarinoKadame

Unown could get the 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,+,-,÷(division),×(multiplication)(could be a different X), √ (square root) and ¹(exponential)

The mathematics forms.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
LOL @ people hoping for Skarmory evolution. If that were to happen Skarmory + eviolite would literally be the most OP thing ever. Much more over powered then Chansey + eviolite defense wise, and easily better attack wise. Hell it even has some very good support options too. Skarmory alone is a force to be reckoned with.

That's like wanting to give an evolution to Excadrill. Just makes no sense at all. Gamefreak has done some unpredictable things in the past for sure, but nothing game breaking.

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hmmm you know what'd be awesome? Braviary evolution. I want to see how far they could possibly go with that, although no doubt it'd be very strong...
I think that Rufflett should evolve into something else before it evolves into Braviary because of how stark the differences in size and aesthetic appeal are.

Off-Topic P.S.: It's great to be back at the Evo/Prevo Speculation page after catching up on all things X and Y over at the general forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
The only time a new evo or pre-evo of a previous gen Pokémon has been a "mascot" of some kind was Pichu, and that was pretty much just to advertise the existence of baby Pokémon. Hence I find a Sableye evolution being a generation mascot of some kind implausible.
Evolutions for both Sableye and Mawile would be cool, although stat-wise, Sableye doesn't really need one.

You know what I want evolved? Torkoal. Give us some Fire/Water awesomeness. >:I
No way; Torkoal's already too big to be a basic Pokémon! Maybe a prevo or two would be more acceptable, or the guy could get the Roselia treatment.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; May 8th, 2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
The only logical thing I can see is a split evolution that's suppose to be a physical version of Houndoom, because again, base stats exceeds 500. I know it's been rebuttaled numerous times whenever I bring it up, but I'm 100% guranteed that they won't do it again because of evolite, and there won't be 1st/2nd stage evolutions to Pokemon w/ BST 465+.
There is no 100% guarantee for anything in Pokemon. They won't even consider Evolite when they evolve Pokemon. They never take items into consideration unless the item is used to evolve them. They can evolve anything they want even if they have 500 BST already.

There already are Pokemon that gain evolutions after 465 BST. That alone is proof that they can and will do it. Its something they've already done and it won't break anything if they do it again so there is no huge negative to doing it. Everything can be countered even Evolite. They can have new abilities that ignore hold items new attacks to disarm items. Many things can be done to stop items from ever mattering.

There won't be any point to evolving Pokemon if one little item that holds very little power over an entire game outside of fan ran material. If they got evolutions Smogon would add a Evolite Ban clause just as they have a Drizzle Swim clause. Life Orb also wasn't banned with spreading of Magic Guard and Sheer Force nor is it banned on Pokemon with insanely high attack power already. The same would not effect defensive Pokemon, has a very little chance of having any type of heavy influence on defensive Pokemon, and no one would really care after the meta switches after some time passes anyway.

Gamefreak doesn't revolve around competitive play, nor do they make big decisions based on current meta, considering they've tried to completely change current meta every generation it stands to reason that they'd evolve 500 BST Pokemon just to troll the players. Meta gameplay is low on their priority list and is just an added bonus. They haven't made any of their games with any heavy meta influence in mind. I don't see them starting now especially since even if they make it OP they'll just ban use of the item from their own tournaments anyway.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
As far as I'm concerned, Gamefreak doesn't give two ****s about what happens to competitive battling. They've already created a bunch of power creep, what's stopping them from doing more?

Plus, an evolution doesn't have to have a HUGE BST increase. It could be 30 points or less even. Or even rework some of their other stats like the Magneton --> Magnezone 10 point speed drop.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I am not sure if I have posted on this thread and I don't feel like reading through 50+ pages of stuff. Wish I could find the post about people talking about a three headed dog or something.

Anyways, this is a list of pre- evos and evos I would like to see. I am going to try to keep it small, because, like most, I think there was too many in 4th gen.

Pre Evos:

Miltank/Tauros: This is probably the biggest one because they are female/male counterparts.
Scyther
Lapras
Pinsir/Heracross (Same pre evo, evo according to time of day or something similar)
Skarmory
Tropius
Torkoal
Sawk/Throh (Pre evo like Hitmonlee and Chan. Evo depending on stats.)
Audino
Girafarig

Evos:
Pinsir
Heracross
Torkoal
Audino
Skarmory
Donphan
Sableye
Mawile
Khangaskan
Banette
Dunsparce
Girafarig
Qwilfish

This is not what we need, but what I would like to see. Though some are pretty useless. I think this is more than 4th Gen. But I would still like to see half.

Last edited by Iceman3317; May 8th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

I'd love Audino to get an evolution, I'm not too bothered about a pre-evo for it though. But then I wouldn't advocate pre-evos for any pokemon really. I agree with most of your list, but if Chatot needs one then Farfetch'd definitely does.

Primeape would be an interesting one for an evo imo.

@.Aero, GF doesn't do much to give players knowledge of the game mechanics that is required for competitive battling so I agree, they probably are unconcerned with any impact on competitive battling. Without the internet, I wouldn't have knowledge on any of the items used in battling, shinies, pokerus, EVs, IVs, you name it.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
what about evolution for unknown? i always felt sad for the poor thing, and in this case anything will count as improvement
I feel like the whole point of Unown was just being as it was: spelling the alphabet plus a few punctuation marks, and then it later got developed into the storylines of both the anime and the games itself (sort of at least, the whole Arceus event in HGSS). I don't see why they would give it an evolution, but stranger things have happened.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I'd love Audino to get an evolution, I'm not too bothered about a pre-evo for it though. But then I wouldn't advocate pre-evos for any pokemon really. I agree with most of your list, but if Chatot needs one then Farfetch'd definitely does.

Primeape would be an interesting one for an evo imo.
I don't really mind if Audino gets an evolution, but I think it's slightly unlikely. But it'd be fun to see. xD

Primeape, I definitely agree with~ n_n I remember it being brought up in this thread before; it evolving into something perhaps angrier, or maybe it's evo is a more calmed version of it (kind of like Slaking to Vigoroth)? Could be possible.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aero View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Gamefreak doesn't give two ****s about what happens to competitive battling. They've already created a bunch of power creep, what's stopping them from doing more?

Plus, an evolution doesn't have to have a HUGE BST increase. It could be 30 points or less even. Or even rework some of their other stats like the Magneton --> Magnezone 10 point speed drop.
Can even pull more Scyther -> Scisor where they don't gain any stats at all just redistribute the stats to make it a different type of fighter.
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If skarmory would evolve into a different kind of fighter I wonder what that'll be...pure attack and speed with glass cannon defenses? Special attacker?
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
If skarmory would evolve into a different kind of fighter I wonder what that'll be...pure attack and speed with glass cannon defenses? Special attacker?
I'm....pretty unsure on whether Skarmory really deserves and evolution at this point, but even if it did, I highly doubt it's purpose would shift towards being more offensive. .___. Though I guess it's very slightly possible, knowing GF gives evos to whoever they feel like wants an evo, I just don't really see it happening.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I don't really mind if Audino gets an evolution, but I think it's slightly unlikely. But it'd be fun to see. xD

Primeape, I definitely agree with~ n_n I remember it being brought up in this thread before; it evolving into something perhaps angrier, or maybe it's evo is a more calmed version of it (kind of like Slaking to Vigoroth)? Could be possible.
primeape evolution i would like to see, but hope they won't screw it up with something completly different that have no connection to its pre-evolution. i would like it to be even more angry.
by the way i don't think mankey is so calm to create a slaking evolution line.
(look at mankey abilities-vital spirit, defiant, anger point. such abilities show that he is not a calm pokemon).
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
There is this new game announced yesterday for the 3DS which is called 'Pokémon Tretta Lab'. It's a game with 3D Models and information about the Pokémon and imo, it's just another useless Spin-Off game. But the reason why I post it here is because the game comes wit h three Pucks: Eevee, Mewtwo and Lucario. See it? Eevee evolves into Sylveon, Mewtwo has a new Forme and Lucario? Does Lucario gets a new Forme, an evolution or gets Riolu an alternate evolution?

I'm not saying this is evidence for something new about Lucario, but GF may be hinting something.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
There is this new game announced yesterday for the 3DS which is called 'Pokémon Tretta Lab'. It's a game with 3D Models and information about the Pokémon and imo, it's just another useless Spin-Off game. But the reason why I post it here is because the game comes wit h three Pucks: Eevee, Mewtwo and Lucario. See it? Eevee evolves into Sylveon, Mewtwo has a new Forme and Lucario? Does Lucario gets a new Forme, an evolution or gets Riolu an alternate evolution?

I'm not saying this is evidence for something new about Lucario, but GF may be hinting something.
The three are just really popular. Lucario has been an add on to advertisements since gen 4. I mean its a center mascot on Smash since reveal. So I don't think it has much to do with X and Y. Tretta is also still on Gen 5. That updates a few months after the new Gen switch.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Community Supporter

I wouldn't mind a Lucario evolution, I see it as the gen 4 Togepi having a baby stage and then evolving by happiness. Togepi got a final evolution 2 generations after gen 2 so maybe Riolu will get a final evolution this generation...I know that the Zoroark speculation really made me want a Lucario evolution, some of the fake lucario evolution art that came out of that was cool, hope it looks something similar to that.
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Allow me to list some Pokemon I think do not need to evolve.
-Pinsir
-Heracross
-Miltank
-Lucario

Tauros I think should become Minotauros. That would be wicked.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Community Supporter

Maybe the elemental monkeys will get a shared pre evolution. And maybe they could make a new line like they did with Tyrouge and Hitmontop, only with three stages rather than two. The new Monkey could be electric.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I guess my question to that is, how does it make sense for something Electric to evolve into three completely different types? I mean it's definitely not impossible (because Game Freak does what it wants), but logically that just seems...out there. I mean, if the monkeys just evolved by level up naturally instead of stones, you could theoretically state that using whatever stone would evolve it into Pansear/sage/pour from like a Normal type pre-evolution. But I guess I don't see them having something. Who knows though!
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I think an evo for mightyena
maybe another split for kirlia
An evo for sudowoodo and mr mime would be nice
a pre-evo for wailmer and tropius and thats it!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I severely doubt that split evolution would ever happen. For one, I doubt that Lugia is going to have any part in X/Y, so having the Silver Wing to use for a trade item wouldn't make sense. Plus, it's a Key Item, not an item you can hold. I will say it looks cool though =P

Sponsored Links

Advertise here