The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?
Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying 5 21.74%
No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning. 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 6th, 2013 (01:47 PM).
SereneAmbience
Founder of Pokémon Ambient

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
You are kidding me?!
You've got Lala doing themes too?! Dx
There is no humor here.. except during game play. Just great teamwork!
We are extremely lucky to have all our members, because without them none of this project would ever be developed.

Speaking of development, if current members could assist me in finding spriters (or public sprites) that could help create B/W style tiles and tilesets with no-outline buildings and tropical palettes, I would be forever grateful. That is now the department needed to start constructing maps! Thank you whoever takes on this task, its dreadful. Just pm with more information!
Old May 8th, 2013 (01:09 AM).
darkrown
Mind Traveller

Nature: Calm
Hi there, i´m gonna start putting some Pkmn moves i came by, i´ll put it in Type Order, starting with Fire Type.
+ FIRE
Skilled Shot: strength-60 precision-100 can paralyze the opponent / physical / PP-10

Crossfire: strength-80 Accuracy-90 in double battles, the power increase twice / special / PP-15

Flame Blade: strength-75 precision-100 can burn the enemy 50% / physical / PP-10

Back Fume: strength-120 precision-90 1st 2nd thermal energy charge attacks / special / PP-10

Combustion: strength-40 precision-100 doubled if the opponent switches pokemon / special / PP-20

Boost: strength-x precision-x greatly increases the speed / state /
Old May 8th, 2013 (09:45 AM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by SereneAmbience.
SereneAmbience

Here is our list, Varo! Arma and I have been working on this! The newer moves are towards the bottom.
https://sites.google.com/site/pokemo...e/pokemon/move
Old May 8th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
darkrown
Mind Traveller

Ok, thanks for show me that, if you still wanna see my other moves (you´ll never know if you need some backup moves XD), just tell me.
Old May 8th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Dradier234

Okay, I looked at your google site, I'm absolutely amazed!! This looks like more of a official pokemon game then a fangame. Everything is laid out professionally, and your designs, maps, and badges are so cool! Keep it up!
Old May 8th, 2013 (03:42 PM).
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrown View Post
Ok, thanks for show me that, if you still wanna see my other moves (you´ll never know if you need some backup moves XD), just tell me.
You can construct a similar spreadsheet and send me a link to it, I would be glad to use a few of them and credit you of course! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
Okay, I looked at your google site, I'm absolutely amazed!! This looks like more of a official pokemon game then a fangame. Everything is laid out professionally, and your designs, maps, and badges are so cool! Keep it up!
Dradier, this is only the beginning of how amazing our Google Site is going to look! Professionalism is my forte. Thanks for the compliment!
Old May 12th, 2013 (05:51 PM).
Rexhunter99
C/C++ Programmer

Nature: Quirky
A pity you want ruby scripters and RPG Maker peoples... I'm a rather skilled C/C++ programmer who'd be intereted in such a project if it were in my language of choice, especially because I love to work on games for Linux and Windows and have managed several succesful ports.
Old May 13th, 2013 (03:29 PM).
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexhunter99 View Post
A pity you want ruby scripters and RPG Maker peoples... I'm a rather skilled C/C++ programmer who'd be intereted in such a project if it were in my language of choice, especially because I love to work on games for Linux and Windows and have managed several succesful ports.
I apologize, Rexhunter99. We mean no disrespect. The purpose behind of why I chose RPG Maker XP to host Pokémon Ambient? Well, I bought the program for a class to make a video game, then I found that it had a Pokémon Essentials starter kit! I have grown attached to this program and unfortunately it only provides a "Ruby-like" script pattern. We could use your support or talents in other departments? I have self-educated myself on HTML/CSS and apply it to the Google Site. If C++ could help in any department in some way, please let me know! I would be glad to add you to the team in some way!
Old May 13th, 2013 (08:32 PM).
Rexhunter99
C/C++ Programmer

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneAmbience View Post
I apologize, Rexhunter99. We mean no disrespect. The purpose behind of why I chose RPG Maker XP to host Pokémon Ambient? Well, I bought the program for a class to make a video game, then I found that it had a Pokémon Essentials starter kit! I have grown attached to this program and unfortunately it only provides a "Ruby-like" script pattern. We could use your support or talents in other departments? I have self-educated myself on HTML/CSS and apply it to the Google Site. If C++ could help in any department in some way, please let me know! I would be glad to add you to the team in some way!
Well I'm skilled in HTML4, XHTML, HTML5, CSS2, CSS3, MySQL, MSSQL, PHP, ASP and Javascript as well from a web perspective:
My Website: http://www.epiczen.net/
A Game Community I run: http://www.thecarnivoressaga.com/
If Ruby is capable of running dynamic link libraries (DLL's on Windows and SO files on Linux) I can write those too if need be.
Old May 16th, 2013 (09:39 AM).
Ryuspark
Unhatched Egg

I was brought here by Lala. This looks like an interesting project. I might not be able to help programming wise, but I can give you some ideas for attacks and abilities. I've made a Google Doc that I can send you later with ideas I already have if you want.
Old May 16th, 2013 (06:36 PM).
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuspark View Post
I was brought here by Lala. This looks like an interesting project. I might not be able to help programming wise, but I can give you some ideas for attacks and abilities. I've made a Google Doc that I can send you later with ideas I already have if you want.
That would be cool to see this Doc! I will honor you in our credits for donating these idea also!
Old May 18th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold

Anyone called for another usable theme? x3 Vice-President of Operation's gone for a short while in attempt to finish this theme

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:15 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2013 by SereneAmbience.
SereneAmbience

Hey everyone! I have tried to find time out of school to catch up a bit!

Many members have worked hard to help this project grow! Firstly, thank you! Secondly, we are almost ready to begin production! I have complied a few more pages on the website, including moves [link], abilities [link], and items [link]! The composers have provided me with some beautiful examples of songs [link] that will be awesome to add to the game (and match perfectly!). Artists have also supplied us with some cool badge looking concepts [link]!

I am now in the process of transferring colleges and moving, so having time for Ambient is becoming harder and harder. BUT, I will still strive to work on information for locations, places, and etc. While packing up my room, I found yet another notepad of information, a bunch of scrapped ideas and pictures of Pokémon ideas, and lastly a journal that holds a lot of Team Static & the Dynamic Squad's storyline. I will update the Google Site with this information on my free time so make sure to check back to different pages to see how they are advancing. Also I will add the HTML/CSS designs to make everything more attractive!
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:39 PM). Edited June 5th, 2013 by SereneAmbience.
SereneAmbience

New update: Wow this thread has died...

I am now looking for mappers! I seriously need help with those who have the tastes. Here is the spoiler of the position.
Spoiler:
Mappers: (Those who can distribute graphical organization towards the production of Pokémon Ambient. The required field must contain skill working with others and artistic ability with mandatory pixel or digital artwork. The organizer needed must contain elements of feng-shui, artistic or inspirational vision, and format design to create lush and colorful environments. These environments are as follows: seafloor, routes, valleys, mountains, volcanoes, deserts, cities, towns, caves, oceans, and more. The final decision of the design will be decided by the Director.)

I have every map already designed, but it is in RBY sprite formats. I will need some mappers help with finding better graphics that we can credit to make the maps a lot nicer also. Unfortunately, still no spriters willing to make tiles for us, but hey we have only just started.

Also click on this photo of Tricott Town to see how the design is looking! =)

I also want to ask everyone's thoughts on Ambient. Is there something that is confusing or could use more work? Is there something that I can do to improve a specific part? I am working on screenshots for the first post which some requested. Comment! =D
Old June 6th, 2013 (05:38 PM).
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Nature: Lonely
Looks great! I'd offer to help if I could think of something I could do to help!
Old June 6th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
New update: Wow this thread has died...
Also click on this photo of Tricott Town to see how the design is looking! =)
I like where you're going with it, its a good start
I like how the colors compliment each other, the grass was a good choice for those trees
what i hate though is how you tried to make the mountain tiles, it just looks hideous
what i also dont like are the random 4th gen mailboxes, those also look gross in comparison
I'm on the fence about the fences, hahaha
other than that it looks quite solid
the colors also look fair for a tropical region, rather than a more dark rich color green for a temperate region

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old June 6th, 2013 (07:33 PM).
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealithSeribii View Post
Looks great! I'd offer to help if I could think of something I could do to help!
Become a Supporter which will massively help Ambient! All you have to do is share our information around whenever something new appears, Facebook, or etc. Or by simply contributing to the discussions on the thread! =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I like where you're going with it, its a good start
I like how the colors compliment each other, the grass was a good choice for those trees
what i hate though is how you tried to make the mountain tiles, it just looks hideous
what i also dont like are the random 4th gen mailboxes, those also look gross in comparison
I'm on the fence about the fences, hahaha
other than that it looks quite solid
the colors also look fair for a tropical region, rather than a more dark rich color green for a temperate region
Yo ho! Yes,.... Thank you for your input! Yeah the palette was something I wanted to put a lot of time towards meeting a tropical setting. The graphics are just temporary until further notice, hince the not-so-attractive mountains, FR/LG trees, and mailboxes.
Old June 6th, 2013 (08:25 PM).
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Yo ho! Yes,.... Thank you for your input! Yeah the palette was something I wanted to put a lot of time towards meeting a tropical setting. The graphics are just temporary until further notice, hince the not-so-attractive mountains, FR/LG trees, and mailboxes.
don't underestimate the power of the 3rd generation, my friend
it is a very nice generation with loads of graphics that are, for most people here, default, but for good reason
they exist almost in its entirety, which no other generation can say (except generation 1+2, but their graphics are not the best as they dont work in layers)
however, if you make the move towards 4th, or 5th generation don't go along with it's color scheme, even if you use some of it's graphics I really think you should keep the color scheme you have now (really i'm talking about the trees, the colors are all different but i think those colors with a little change here and there could be the perfect color) maybe change it up with some red and orange

otherwise, good luck, keep up the good work

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old June 6th, 2013 (09:24 PM). Edited June 6th, 2013 by ZealithSeribii.
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

I'm sure this will turn out great when it's finished! Also, I'd like to join this project. I could help with the storyline or with designing teams for important trainers to use, just describe the kind of personality they have and I can design a team that fits them (Gym Leaders, important characters, Elite Four, etc). If there's anything I can do to help please let me know!
Old June 7th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
The map looks good, but the grass isn't seamless. I can see where it is tiled, so, I could suggest a larger grass tile. =3= The random ledges near the edge of the mountain tiles, what are they there for? You can find some good tiles on deviantART, especially some tree and building tiles.
Old June 8th, 2013 (04:05 PM). Edited June 8th, 2013 by Error.exe.
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Hmm sounds like a interesting idea
I love it so I would like to take part in this project as a supporter
First suggestion I would make is....
Since the map is based of of tiny islands, maybe you can make it like a tropical theme/ Hawaii
since Pokemon X and Y is based off of France.

I think a resort ship like the one in fire red and leaf green might be cool. You can like travel across many regions and battle trainers on board the ship
Old June 8th, 2013 (06:07 PM).
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error.exe View Post
Hmm sounds like a interesting idea
I love it so I would like to take part in this project as a supporter
First suggestion I would make is....
Since the map is based of of tiny islands, maybe you can make it like a tropical theme/ Hawaii
since Pokemon X and Y is based off of France.

I think a resort ship like the one in fire red and leaf green might be cool. You can like travel across many regions and battle trainers on board the ship
That would be cool... Hawaii would be the perfect theme. Also, I like the idea of traveling to multiple regions. I wouldn't care which ones but that's a good idea to implement.
Old June 8th, 2013 (06:53 PM). Edited June 8th, 2013 by Error.exe.
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Quote:
That would be cool... Hawaii would be the perfect theme. Also, I like the idea of traveling to multiple regions. I wouldn't care which ones but that's a good idea to implement.
yeah maybe have some palm trees near the beach.
Also would be great if there are places on say route 4 with vending machines

Quote:
I'm sure this will turn out great when it's finished! Also, I'd like to join this project. I could help with the storyline or with designing teams for important trainers to use, just describe the kind of personality they have and I can design a team that fits them (Gym Leaders, important characters, Elite Four, etc). If there's anything I can do to help please let me know!
Try going to the wiki for Pokemon Ambient. They have a list of possible Gym leaders

Quote:
Link to wiki:

Quote:
Link to wiki:
Old June 8th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error.exe View Post
yeah maybe have some palm trees near the beach.
Also would be great if there are places on say route 4 with vending machines
Funny you should mention this.. =) I have planned to tile some vending machines on the routes with bridges. Route 4 and Warren Truss is one of those. haha
Old June 9th, 2013 (07:27 PM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by Error.exe.
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Some quick ideas I thought up of today
I spent some time to think about cool stuff. Here it is
-The ability to use the move dig in special walls in caves to find goodies.
-A black market maybe near the Dynamic Squad's headquarter
-a snow area?( since all Pokemon are coming out)
-Safari zone?(We can't forget that)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links