Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Neo Team Plasma

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old May 5th, 2013 (02:30 AM).
sheer heart attack
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Did you like their dramatic shift from seemingly helping the Pokemon, to trying to take over the world using the power of the legendary Pokemon Kyurem? Did you like the new Plasma boss, Colress?

In my opinion, Plasma were a fairly different team when I first heard of B/W. They looked like they were on the good side, trying to help Pokemon get away from bad trainers. Then, you see a completely different side when you see them take away some Pokemon. In B/W2, they turned into a generic team - Take over, steal Pokemon, ???, profit. What do you think?

Discuss.

K I L L E R | Q U E E N
Old May 5th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
Feebas Führer
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
I really liked Neo Plasma, because their drastic shift from pseudo-humanitarians to outwardly evil-centric antagonists coincide with N and N's false ideals being absent and Ghetsis completely taking over. And if I recall correctly, on the frigate in BW2, there are many members that mention that they know what they're doing is wrong, but feel that don't have much of a choice. Team Plasma has so much more depth than say, Galactic or Aqua/Magma, so I didn't feel that they were generic in any way. They were significantly more cruel than the previous evil teams have been, and their hypocrisy adds a different level to their iniquitous nature.

Colress was a great character, and not just because of his amazing battle theme. He's not a "bad" guy, despite working alongside the bad guys. He doesn't necessarily side with the protag or Plasma, as he is only interested in science and acquiring knowledge, doing whatever he believes is necessary to further his personal agenda. He's multifaceted, which is something we've never really seen.

MOON PRISM POWER
Old May 5th, 2013 (07:05 AM).
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I liked the Original Plasma better. It was different and more original then past Team (insert name here).
Old May 6th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Tsunderes forever

I prefer Neo Plasma to Team Plasma because they had a cooler sprite and Colress was cool too.
Old May 6th, 2013 (06:55 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
The dramatic change was due to Ghetsis's change in plans, or rather in the way he was pursuing said plans to conquer the world. The only difference was that in BW, he was hiding his true intentions by fooling N and using him, while in the sequels he just... goes crazy, literally. As for the grunts, I guess they too were fooled, and while some are now trying to redeem themselves, i.e. Rood's followers, the others chose to stay with Ghetsis and Zinzolin.

As for Colress, I love how he isn't siding with anyone ever, he's only interested in his scientific goals. I feel like his character has quite some depth, like N (whom I would've liked to see a lot more in the sequels), and even Ghetsis and the sages.
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old May 8th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
sheer heart attack
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
I myself quite liked Colress, the way he was actually neutral, how he doesn't care about Plasma's plans, and was only focused on his scientific efforts. It's sad that they kind of butchered his personality in the anime, as he just became a generic mad scientist.

K I L L E R | Q U E E N
Old May 8th, 2013 (02:56 AM).
Master of Ideals

I liked Neo Team Plasma better than the original Team Plasma. Neo Team Plasma is more evil and scheming as compared to the original Team Plasma. I do prefer the B2W2 Plasma battle theme to the BW Plasma theme, it's like more of an epic remix of it. Sadly, you can't hear it anymore in the aftergame

Also, I liked Colress, not just his battle theme but also his depth of character and how he actually disliked Ghetsis when he joined Team Plasma. He was only focused on his scientific talent rather than siding with anyone.

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 8th, 2013 (06:32 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like Neo Team Plasma's change from the original Team Plasma, as it shows Ghetsis' slippage from sanity. I also like how Colress was a surprise boss towards the climax of the game.

Old May 8th, 2013 (06:37 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Team Plasma "Classic" had a more original plan than the usual bad boys, but the new team plasma was just ruthless and evil in a traditional way, so i guess i like them both. I really liked though how in B2 there were ex-members that now worked for the "good side" and were against neo team plasma, i think this was a neat detail

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 8th, 2013 (06:45 AM).

I like them both, Just played through white before I start black 2 but I kinda feel for some of the members of plasma
Old May 8th, 2013 (04:57 PM).
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
I have to admit, I kinda saw it coming. I mean, Team Plasma started out trying to save Pokemon, only to have Ghetsis reveal his real plan at the League. If that wasn't the biggest hint for a split, I dunno what is. And that's not to say I knew there'd be a White 2 and Black 2, but.. yeah..

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links