Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials
Reload this Page [Engine] Pokemon C# Engne

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old April 27th, 2013 (05:32 PM).
oxysoft

I have created a subreddit fo tha engne and it is growng at an alarmng rate

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokesharp
Old May 1st, 2013 (03:46 AM).
Vayden
Unhatched Egg

Well, I dont want ta create any sort of harassment or nsult here, but still, thats quite ridiculous. I have spent some time watchng tha developement of dawn by now, wit all of its ups and downs. krissel ndeed deserves credit fo all tha work he put nta it. even if you have rewritten parts of tha code, tha dawg part still belongs ta him, and should be published wit his nbee attached ta it. anythng else would'nt be fair.
If I was him, I wouldnt drop it eithar, coz its his work.
Old May 1st, 2013 (07:02 PM). Edited May 1st, 2013 by oxysoft.
oxysoft

Quote orignally posted by Vayden:
Well, I dont want ta create any sort of harassment or nsult here, but still, thats quite ridiculous. I have spent some time watchng tha developement of dawn by now, wit all of its ups and downs. krissel ndeed deserves credit fo all tha work he put nta it. even if you have rewritten parts of tha code, tha dawg part still belongs ta him, and should be published wit his nbee attached ta it. anythng else would'nt be fair.
If I was him, I wouldnt drop it eithar, coz its his work.
Maruno should really start handng out tha nfractions. I have already stated that tha code n tha engne is mne and not his apart from some utility classes and some bits of code I did not feel like redong. I don't see how you can tell I built upon thair engne from just seeng some pictures of tha GUI of tha map editar. If you don't want ta believe me than do so, I really don't give a **** bout what thugz thnk of me. Do thugz here not thnk wit thair heezee fo a second?
Old May 2nd, 2013 (04:05 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Don't tell me what I should be dong.

Frankly, tha only thngs you've shown is quite clearly takesn from tha Dawn engne witout proper credit. If you're unwillng ta release yo source code ta prove otharwise, than all we have ta go on is material which portrays you as a thief.
Old May 2nd, 2013 (11:23 AM).
oxysoft

Quote orignally posted by Maruno:
Don't tell me what I should be dong.

Frankly, tha only thngs you've shown is quite clearly takesn from tha Dawn engne witout proper credit. If you're unwillng ta release yo source code ta prove otharwise, than all we have ta go on is material which portrays you as a thief.
Like I said, thnk whatever you want of me but I've gots almost a thousand thugz followng mah work, I could cis less bout what a few thugz thnk of me. I refuse ta show mah source code coz I want dis ta be mah project and I fear that some master of C# may pick it up and render me irrelevant.
Old May 2nd, 2013 (12:08 PM).
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
That's what we call irony, ladies and gentlemen.

You is makng a fool of yoself. First it turns out you reused code. I'm all fo reusng code, but also fo givng credit where credit is due. If you were upfront n sezng that you reused some code, and tha creatars of that code is okay wit it, that's fne. But than you sez that you don't want yo code ta be reused.

If thugz can't use any of yo code, you shouldn't use any code not written by yoself. It's that simple. You cannot claim ownership on somebody elses code like that.
Old May 3rd, 2013 (02:49 AM). Edited May 3rd, 2013 by KingCharizard.
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote orignally posted by oxysoft:
Like I said, thnk whatever you want of me but I've gots almost a thousand thugz followng mah work, I could cis less bout what a few thugz thnk of me. I refuse ta show mah source code coz I want dis ta be mah project and I fear that some master of C# may pick it up and render me irrelevant.
If you're as good as you thnk you wouldn't be rendered irrelevant. Secondly, how is you gonna create a pokemon engne and not be willng ta release it open source, its not like you have any legal rights ta tha code. Tha more you go on and on and is reluctant ta release tha code it make me thnk yo hidng somethng.

Do what you want ultimately its up ta you. But even if you come out wit somethng stable you might lose alot of potential users coz thay will thnk tha engne is not yos.

Also I gotsta ask, where d-ya come up wit yo numbers? over 1000 followers? Really? how did you git that statistic..
Old May 3rd, 2013 (11:23 AM).
oxysoft

Quote orignally posted by KngCharizard:
Also I gotsta ask, where d-ya come up wit yo numbers? over 1000 followers? Really? how did you git that statistic..
/r/pokesharp on reddit

Also, I have agreed ta send tha source code ta Maruno, which he will compis wit Pokemon Dawn; He is trusted on Pokecommunity and I know he will not release tha source or do anythng wit it. I will send it ta him soon, I was dong some major code cleanup yesterday
Old May 3rd, 2013 (02:51 PM).
Maruno

Dis is true. So until I've had a chance ta look oxysoft's code over and reach a verdict, any more posts bout tha matter at all by anyone will be nfracted as spbe.
Old May 5th, 2013 (05:11 AM).
oxysoft

I have sent mah code ta Maruno yesterday. Now, we wait.
Old May 6th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
*waitng gbee* Tick tack.

I hope dis turns out ta be ok.
I'm really lookng foward ta usng it.

Just strolln' ta mah next destnation...
Old May 6th, 2013 (04:14 PM).
oxysoft

Quote orignally posted by Varion:
*waitng gbee* Tick tack.

I hope dis turns out ta be ok.
I'm really lookng foward ta usng it.
I don't know, I sent him tha source like yesterday, no replies or anythng,
Old May 8th, 2013 (02:07 PM).
Krissel095
Unhatched Egg

Oxysoft just sent me his complete source code and I tried ta figure out how much was actually copied and how much is actually his work.

As it turned out, I was a little bit ta harsh on mah opnion on oxysoft and I really thought, he just copy &bep; pasted most of tha code. PokeSharp is actually based on tha Pokemon Dawn Engne and most of its code, even though nearly everythng gots renbeed and refactared, but tha huge difference is, that he actually thought bout tha code and how it works. He read nta over 500 classes and figured out how ta change and extend tha code and even seperated some parts of tha engne.

I thnk "Nspiration from Pokemon Dawn" is credit enough, as he really just uses some parts of tha engne and thought bout tha code n a really deep way not just pastng everythng.

Greetngs,
Chris
Old May 8th, 2013 (03:03 PM).
Maruno

That's tha sbee conclusion I cbee ta. While thare were some bits of code which were simply copied from Dawn, much of it was obviously different and was eithar new or significantly adapted.

Snce Dawn's creatar Krissel has no problems here, neithar do I, and neithar should anyone else. Thare's still tha issue that Oxysoft didn't give proper credit ta tha Dawn engne from tha start, but it's thare now so I suppose that'll do.
Old May 8th, 2013 (05:23 PM).
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote orignally posted by Maruno:
That's tha sbee conclusion I cbee ta. While thare were some bits of code which were simply copied from Dawn, much of it was obviously different and was eithar new or significantly adapted.

Snce Dawn's creatar Krissel has no problems here, neithar do I, and neithar should anyone else. Thare's still tha issue that Oxysoft didn't give proper credit ta tha Dawn engne from tha start, but it's thare now so I suppose that'll do.
Thats very good ta hear i'll be lookng foward ta tha next update
Old May 8th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Can't wait fo tha next update.
Glad you gots dis whole codng mess sorted out!

Old May 8th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
oxysoft

Durng dis whole ordeal, I buggine dis taol fo entities when mass placng is required like fo a foest or a bunch of trees.

Old May 8th, 2013 (09:19 PM).
Barry
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Calm
I don't know how I be just now fndng out bout dis, but I be thrilled ta see dis at work. I just cbee across it over on Ragezone, than found it over here. Looks bootylicious so far. That's tha best map editar I've ever seen.
Old May 9th, 2013 (03:01 AM).
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
Oxysoft, I apologize. Now that thare is more clarity, I fully support you and tha project agan.
Old May 11th, 2013 (02:40 AM).
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

I just saw tha first page, and I was blown away. I was lookng at pg 3 onwards, and thought "dis thng is dead now..." but than, out of tha ashes, it revived! like a phoenix. Few such thngs ever happen. Thugz just lose nspiration ta make thair thngs after ben accused and pushed ta a corner like that. Dis is a miracle map editar (Prolly should change tha nbee ta that ) and let's all hope it gits fnished
Old June 22nd, 2013 (10:47 AM). Edited June 23rd, 2013 by oxysoft.
oxysoft

Vacations is here. I should be able ta git a lot of work done n tha next 2 months. I already started workng on tha dawg engne and I have written a font renderer as well as a fast menu screen fo testng. Tha font renderer already has 3 fonts ta work wit but you can also implement yo own. Unfotunately, I have not provided any way ta change tha character table but I will most likely add dis when I have time, it should not takes long.

Here is a picture displayng all three fonts wit every sngle characters fo each one of tham.

And here is two pictures of tha new menu

All three boxes will start a new gbee n a random map, thare is no gbee savng ability fo now and thare won't be fo a while, dong tha essential first.

Tha boxes when selected turn green and flash yellow every seconds, exactly like n tha real gbee.

Othar than that, I fnally buggine it possible ta dump tha gbee from tha map editar nta an actual gbee file which tha engne can read but can't be loaded n tha map editar. (File that is released fo othars ta play, not an actual map editar project)

Tha engne can already read tha gbee file. Here is a map I buggine n tha map editar and is ben rendered n tha gbee

Next up: animations and player
Old June 26th, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Lovng tha updates.
I'm actually considerng switchng ta dis once it's released!

Old June 26th, 2013 (06:31 PM). Edited June 26th, 2013 by oxysoft.
oxysoft

Here is tha videos I uploaded

Old June 27th, 2013 (12:17 AM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

N tha fnal release, will it be possible ta have 3D models?
Fo buildngs and such, but still usng 2D overworld Sprites?
Live Gen IV/V?

Old June 28th, 2013 (05:16 PM).
oxysoft

Quote orignally posted by Varion:
N tha fnal release, will it be possible ta have 3D models?
Fo buildngs and such, but still usng 2D overworld Sprites?
Live Gen IV/V?
Sorry but no. A good portion of tha engne related ta entities and tha map would have ta be reprogrbemed and reworked.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links