The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:38 AM
wolf

Most common being paralysis, bad poison, sleep, burn, freeze, flinch, Taunt, confusion, and so on. Read more about them on Bulbapedia.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Bad poison, confusion and Infatuation... I can use all of them against one Pokemon, just wonderful.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Paralysis when I want to catch wild Pokemon, it makes it a bit easier, so if the Pokeball didn't caught it the first time theres a chance Pokemon can't move and keep mine alive longer (especially when I want to catch one that is at a high type or level advantage over my own Pokemon).

Sleep is the other one I like to try and use a lot (attack Sing has a tendency to miss a lot), to make it a bit easier in a Pokemon battle, again especially when I'm at a disadvantage either by type or level. Also Paralysis too.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Pokedra
Retired bean.

Nature: Relaxed
Taunt is great for walls, freeze/sleep basically guarantee you free turns so they're always good to 'abuse'.
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Murt93
Battle Amateur

Nature: Jolly
I'm not really a big abuser of status but I guess the one I use the most would be Thunder wave the plethora of fast powerful frail sweepers in todays metagame are completely ruined when paralyzed my favorite pokemon to abuse this move is a toss up between ferrothorn and Jirachi a little leaniant towards jirachi because of the paraflinch hax
Don't try to apply logic to Pokemon
You'll end up hurting yourself
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Poison! I use Toxic on Chansey, so I'm usually able to stall them out :3 I don't actively use Thunder wave but that's also pretty useful.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old May 5th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

ParaConfusion for me especially with Air Slash. It just makes your opponent so annoyed :3
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to say Paralysis, sometimes it can give you the crucial speed advantage you need. Also Taunt is great for shutting down those who rely on support moves a lot. Toxic poison is also great if you have a Guts user like Heracross or something with Poison Heal.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old May 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM
abarai
Howl, Zabimaru !
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to abarai
Taunt and Paralysis. Paralysis over burn as it cripples almost all offensive pokemon where as burn only shuts down physical attackers. A fast taunt will ruin utility/wall mons and prevent opponents from setting up.

Rarely abuse confusion, mostly just cannot find a slot for it and prefer to use the moveslot for something else usually to allow for more coverage. Freeze is nice but the low probability rates of it occurring make it to unreliable. Sleep is fun to abuse, two good abusers of this would be Breloom and Amoongus, two of the few pokemon to receive spore.
We at this moment head into the decisive battle. Have faith that our blades will not shatter. Have faith that our hearts will not waiver. And even if our paths should diverge, we all share a heart of iron.
Trade Shop Friend Code Credits

Old May 9th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Aurora
thanks elcheeso

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
Paralysis is one of my favourite statuses to abuse, as the loss of speed and chance of a useless turn is too good to pass up. It's also easy to inflict, with Thunder Wave being commonplace among defensive Pokemon. Burn is nice, too: it's great seeing your opponent's attacks suddenly do pittance as their health is slowly wittled away.

While Freeze differs from the above two in that it's difficult to inflict, it's really entertaining to see your frustrated opponent let out a tirade of curses as they roll the dice to thaw out their Pokemon. They can be frozen indefinitely, and they become completely useless when frozen. Difficult to land, but great to watch.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'll take FREEZE, because FREEZE works like a BOSS, and you get to show everyone just how much of a BOSS you are, and they drop scared. The treat is that they're indefinitely immobilized and also you can use most Fire-type moves to deal BOSS damage, albeit they will thaw out.

In Mystery Dungeon we couldn't use Physical moves on a Frozen Pokémon, and that was rather annoying but realistic. And since Freezing is rare, it just shows how much of a BOSS it is.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:26 AM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
Paralysis by far. Seeing as I'm an electric trainer this always comes in handy.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Paralysis and bad poison are easiest to take advantage of. Having been using stall much during Gen IV, I can't quite shake the habit of incorporating a wall with Toxic into my team.
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Devil's trainer Red

Send a message via Yahoo to Devil's trainer Red Send a message via Skype™ to Devil's trainer Red
Unfortunately, unlike everyone who likes poison and paralysis, i like to use spore or sleep powder, it makes battling pokemon easier and if you run into a shiney along the way you can easily put it to sleep and use false swipe to catch it.
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
I only really abuse sleep. Using spore allows me to put potentially devastating sweeper out of commission, usually forcing a switch or allowing me time to kill it. If the sleep clause is not in effect, I can simply put an entire team to sleep.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I've always enjoyed the confusion status ailment. I personally find it funny watching a Pokemon hitting itself in its confusion, unless it is my Pokemon. My second place goes to Toxic, as its very useful on Pokemon with high defenses, and it has surprisingly large distribution.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:24 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
... i have a blisey with 2 status aliment moves...
i never use them.

it would probably be paralysis,because it makes sweppers just about killable.
(exept deoxys-s)

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:12 AM
srinator
Bye o/
Community Supporter

paralysis and flinch , cause everyone know how annoying a paraflinch hax is :3
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:35 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinator View Post
paralysis and flinch , cause everyone know how annoying a paraflinch hax is :3
Actually went in just to say this. But anyway, maybe i should add more.

Separately, they're both still good and annoying, although paralysis has it's clear advantages -- half speed + 50% chance of not doing anything.

edit: ...that awkward moment in PC when you realize the thread is months old...
edit2: ...and then you realize that the last post wasn't really months old.

/facepalm

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.

Last edited by molivious; July 21st, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links