• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

oh $#!%&!!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Do you curse a lot?? How do you feel about it?

I honestly try not to, I think it is a little unbecoming, but I do it quite frequently. Around my friends and family, at least. When I'm at school or doing other things of that important or reverent nature, however, I tend to have a filter but I can feel me slipping and barely catch myself. I have no problems with using bad words, but I think that they degrade what you say and reflect badly on you if used heavily.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In real life, not often. I tend to be someone who rarely curses, because I was taught not to (I was raised that way). And as I got older, I do curse around my friends, dropping an f bomb or s bomb in a sentence. But never in my family. I'm such a good girl.

Online, however, I have a dirty mouth. Like, there's no end for me. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm a potty mouth irl, but it's not because I don't know better words. It's just cause I like those words. I don't swear online as much as I do in person. Unless you follow my Twitter, and then you may see a lot of swearing online. ;)

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Let's just say that I'm very free with my words and that if the real world was like an Asterix book, you would see asterisk marks constantly :)

Years
I am not that liberal or conservative with my use of "curse" words; it also depends on where I am and who I am with. The whole topic reminds me of that South Park episode with where the words were actually cursed alluding to how arbitrarily they are deemed vile.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Depends on my mood...I tend to swear a lot of I'm either mad, in pain or ranting...other times, I don't really swear, although they could just slip out :S

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
I swear sometimes but not to the extend that I look unmannered. Sometimes I would say s h i t or fu stfu (yes as acronyms not as full words XD).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
it depends on if my daughter or another young child is there as I do not want them picking up bad words. if there isn't I will if in a bad mood or lost something.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I don't want to curse in public. I do sometimes in online gaming, trashtalking. Which I try not to because first of all its not cool. Second, you're lowering your reputation and respect.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I usually don't curse in real life cause I was raised to try to avoid using such language. Especially when I'm around family. Growing up in a Christian environment, you're told not to swear. But occasionally a few curse words may slip now and then. I try to avoid using them online too as well, but I do sometimes use a swear if I feel it fits the situation or if I'm repeating/quoting what a person said but I don't like using them often.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I curse quite often. They are part of my everyday vocabulary and I use them functionally to intensify an emotion when necessary. It might seem weird, but to me it even sounds more romantic and earnest when somebody swears when telling something. I tone down when around kids obviously, and also when I am talking with teachers or elders I keep my swearing to a minimum, but they've become intrinsic parts of my language by now. Of course, on a forum that's PG like this one, I don't swear at all.

I think swearing is a healthy thing to do. They're like cayenne peppers that you spread over your food. They spice things up, and should probably be used in moderation otherwise your food will taste terrible. Almost all good books I've read had recurring swearwords. The most egregious example of which would be The Catcher in the Rye, but other books like Slaughterhouse-Five, Catch-22, Fahrenheit 451, On the Beach, the Beach, all have swearing in them. They're necessary parts of our language, and without them, release of any emotion would be very difficult to achieve, to me.

Years
I do curse and swear quite a bit, but usually the place where I do it most is on Twitter or Tumblr. I have a clean mouth everywhere else lol. It's because when I do it irl I often find myself in an altercation which is why I only keep it to those online sites.

Years
Not really, I don't personally have any problems with swearing and, in fact, I fail to understand the stigmas behind the majority of "curse" words but I sort of feel that if you use them constantly they lose the effect that they would have and fail to express a greater intensity of emotion that I would use them for.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't curse. Mostly it's because I'm rather calm and even if there's something going wrong I at least try to stay calm. That normaly works pretty good and nobody notices anything. xD

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I don't usually curse in real life, as I am usually able to filter my thoughts/words most of the time, but I freely curse while speaking to people online. In tense situations, I sometimes can't control myself, and people have tested that before and they've been proven right, but yeah, I try my best to keep myself civil. I also tend to curse while playing competitive games just because, well, that's my nature. I know I shouldn't, but it just "comes out", haha.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I do it a lot because quite frankly my good sirs, I don't really get the whole point of bad words... I mean if I say the F-word no one really gets hurt, but when I tell some that they're useless and ugly then they would sure as heck get hurt.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Usually, no. My friends/family will rage at me, if I do. It didn't help matters that I picked up on some things my father said when I was a child, though. I distinctly remember swearing at a video game when I was five or so years old. I also apparently called my father something that's censored here, at one point, but I didn't know what it meant. He thought it was very funny, but told me not to say it again. T: He still laughs if someone brings it up.

But I do manage to watch what I say. There have of course been times that I was in the process of swearing at someone and had to quickly change what I was saying, so they wouldn't catch on, though.

Not the best habit, but I tend not to filter my language much while thinking. Eventually, I'm going to slip up and start swearing when I'm angry, and things won't go well. Haha.

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I swear a tonne in real life when I'm not around my family, and if I am around my family, I'll swear compulsively under my breath. Online, I'll swear around the same amount, usually to dispel the stress of not swearing around family.

Don't be fooled, though; I have a very broad vocabulary.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2020
Yes I do curse quit a bit. Online, and real life, but that's because I have a issue with my anger, and the slightest thing ticks me off.

Years
They say: when in Rome, do as the Romans do. In my work cursing is pretty normal thing, so I do that a lot, even when I'm home, it just got into my blood.

Back