• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wait, M. Night Shyamalam is involved in After Earth? Now I'm worried that it's going to be another sub-par, environmental rant film, with countless plot twists that make little sense.

I really didn't notice Will Smith's absence from the previous decades, nor was I aware that his son is going to be his replacement soon.

Not sure if this is worth discussing here at the GE section, but apparently, they're re-releasing the awful Super Mario Bros. movie to the silver screen in L.A. to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Just when this year marks 20 years of some of our beloved films (Jurassic Park, Lion King, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.), they have to celebrate 20 years of this abomination: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/03/the-super-mario-bros-movie-gets-20th-anniversary-screening/

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
His age don't matter, I just don't like the kid very much. Plus, Macaulay Culkin did better acting when he started to rise to fame.

And really? The horrible Super Mario Bros movie? For celebrating 20 years, they could haveve done something a lot better than re-releasing that horrible thing called a video game adaption =/
They have been numerous movie that are video game based but that one just takes the cake.
Re-releasing that movie would just make everyone remember of how bad that movie did justice to the best selling franchise on the planet.

Last edited:
Years
Nothing wrong with bringing an old movie back to the silver screen for another run. Even bad movies have their fans. And there are people who like to watch bad movies for the fun. Why do you think I've seen all the Twilight movies?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
And really? The horrible Super Mario Bros movie? For celebrating 20 years, they could haveve done something a lot better than re-releasing that horrible thing called a video game adaption =/

It's become a cult classic like Plan 9 From Outer Space due to it's bad quality and campiness, although when judged by itself not as a adaptation of Super Mario Bros it's a pretty forgettable movie.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Really? Super Mario Bros The Movie is now a classic? Wow, I'm guessing because it's Mario Bros.? Plus it's been rated as the worst video game movie adaptation.

Well, we'll just have to see how well it does in the box office when it comes out.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Really? Super Mario Bros The Movie is now a classic? Wow, I'm guessing because it's Mario Bros.? Plus it's been rated as the worst video game movie adaptation.

Well, we'll just have to see how well it does in the box office when it comes out.
It's not a classic in the generic sense of the word. As Urban Dictionary so eloquently puts it, a cult classic is 'something that's really hip with a select group of people,' meaning its fanbase is most likely comprised of people who like bad movies, those who think any adaptation of their favorite game (in this case Mario Bros.) is just THE BEST THING EVER!!!, and those who legitimately thought it was good, otherwise known as the minority.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hmm, haven't ever heard of those people. Until now, every person that ever talked about the movie told me that they hated it, maybe they're a small number?

Btw, do you guys think that movies leaked on the internet while they're still in the theaters could affect the box office a lot?

I don't really like piracy myself, so I mostly just buy or check the movies in theaters.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Btw, do you guys think that movies leaked on the internet while they're still in the theaters could affect the box office a lot?

I'd imagine Cat Dog or Scarf could give a better answer than me on this, but since movie companies are so uptight about controlling the leakage of films and more importantly, the act of torrenting them, the leaking of their films clearly causes enough of an effect on their revenue to make them as worried/as vicious as they are today.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Basically what Harlequin said; if there wasn't such an obvious sense of urgency when it comes to leaking and piracy, then I probably wouldn't think that it would affect the box office's revenue as much as it most likely does.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

I don't really like piracy myself, so I mostly just buy or check the movies in theaters.
Yes. Yes they do. Not to the extent that movie studios think it does, but it does have an impact. That's why there have been efforts over the last decade to prioritise the 'cinema experience' through 3D and other big-budget extravaganza to get people to pay to actually attend the cinema.

Last edited:
Reactions: Her
Years
I'd imagine Cat Dog or Scarf could give a better answer than me on this, but since movie companies are so uptight about controlling the leakage of films and more importantly, the act of torrenting them, the leaking of their films clearly causes enough of an effect on their revenue to make them as worried/as vicious as they are today.
That's really all I'd have said, actually. But to add something of my own, I know people who download movies, but no one who downloads movies that are currently in theatres because if they wanted to see them that quickly they'd just go to the theatres so I would expect that's how most people are.

Reactions: Her

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
My mother is one of those people who believes that the second a movie is released in cinemas, every torrent on the internet of that movie is going to be crystal clear and immediately ready for her to watch within one minute of me clicking the 'download torrent' button. Needless to say, after about five years of trying to convince her otherwise, I have given up on trying to enlighten the woman.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The title is DEMI so this post is relevant.

My favorite songs from her new album are Made In the USA, Without the Love, Neon Lights, Nightingale, Really Don't Care, Fire Starter, Something That We're Not, and Never Been Hurt.

I like the whole album.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The title is DEMI so this post is relevant.

My favorite songs from her new album are Made In the USA, Without the Love, Neon Lights, Nightingale, Really Don't Care, Fire Starter, Something That We're Not, and Never Been Hurt.

I like the whole album.
It's hard to choose, really. The whole thing is spectacular, at least from what I've heard. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but the five or six I have heard just blow me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back