• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I'd make Houndoomed. Houndoom with three heads. I think these religious groups are being ridiculous, and their stupid logic shouldn't be allowed to affect anything.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Do we have any unicorn pokemon yet? A grass-flying type unicorn family would be cool. Call the final evo Unithorn or something :P There are also a lot of birds that have yet to be covered. Flamingo, Tucan, Peacock, Canary etc. But more than anything else, I want a Jynx evolution and a Medusa pokemon. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN GAME FREAK!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Do we have any unicorn pokemon yet? A grass-flying type unicorn family would be cool. Call the final evo Unithorn or something :P There are also a lot of birds that have yet to be covered. Flamingo, Tucan, Peacock, Canary etc. But more than anything else, I want a Jynx evolution and a Medusa pokemon. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN GAME FREAK!

As far as I know we don't have a unicorn! That would certainly be interesting to pull off, maybe having it as a three staged evolution from pony → horse → unicorn? Probably would be a Normal type, but it'd definitely be cool. I'd also like the other birds to be covered too, maybe have a canary be the basic bird found at the beginning of the game?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would totally love to see a unicorn pokemon in the new games!
The basic pokemon could be normal, but his evolutions could be grass or flying type maybe, would be fitting i think

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I actually didn't even think of this originally, but since you said Flying typed, it could always go Horse → Unicorn → Pegasus (do Pegasus' have horns? If they don't, this one does!) and be Normal/Flying.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I actually didn't even think of this originally, but since you said Flying typed, it could always go Horse → Unicorn → Pegasus (do Pegasus' have horns? If they don't, this one does!) and be Normal/Flying.

I think you are right on the money on what a Unicorn family would be! Only I would make it Pony > Unicorn > Pegasus. I think Pegasus' have horns, but I forget... If they don't, this one can always one a horn :3 Would psychic fit these pokemon? I thought grass fit because photos of unicorns are typically in large beautiful grassy areas. Then the flying type would come in once it becomes a Pegasus. I'm trying to think of other new pokemon they could make, but there are sooo many that its hard! Mythological creatures and rare animals that have yet to be covered.. hmm...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
We don't have a Cerebrus Pokémon! I mean, Hydreigon kind of has the three-headed thing going for it, as does Dodrio, but neither are a Cerebrus. I know a lot of people are behind a Houndoom evolution becoming one, but I'd rather not see that happen. It sprouting two heads just seems odd to me, but it's possible. I'd rather see a new original three-stage Pokémon (probably a pure Dark type) that starts with one head and gains a new one after each evolution.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
A Pegasus does not have a horn, but who cares about details right??
The basic Pokemon could be normal typed, the Unicorn could be a Normal/Grass type and then the Pegasus could be either Grass/Flying or Normal/Flying maybe?

I would love for more mythological creatures to be covered, like a minotaur pokemon and definitely a cerberus! I'm not sure if i would like Houndoom to receive this kind of evolution, but having a cerberus would definitely be awesome!!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Speaking of a minotaur, I think someone said this in the evolution speculation thread, but having Tauros evolve into a minotaur would definitely be cool. If not, maybe just a single stage Pokémon would suffice!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I don't know how i would feel about Tauros evolving into a minotaur, but i guess it could work? He could become Normal/Fighting maybe?

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I honestly couldn't see a Houndoom cerburus evolution working... It has POTENTIAL, but a new family of cerburus pokemon would be better. Dark-Ghost or just pure dark would be nice. I would honestly love a zombie pokemon. Not like a human zombie or anything though. It could be ghost-dark or ghost-poison. What are some ghost pokemon you guys think should be added? Ghost is my favorite type :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I love the idea of a whole new Cerberus family!
I would make it a pure dark type, with 2 evolutionary stages.

The idea of a Zombie Pokemon sounds good too, and both Ghost or Ghost/Poison
would be very fitting types!! I think Ghost is a pretty nice type, and i loved all the
new ghost types they released with Black and White. I Guess one of the only combos left is Ghost/Fighting? But i can't quite think of a design for it

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Fairy type covers all sorts of mythical creatures. Maybe it won't me called Fairy as such, maybe something like Mystic?
But I've had a few ideas.

Rapidash -> Fire/Fairy Pegasus
Tauros -> Normal/Fairy Minotaur (called Minotauros, obviously)

I'd also like an orc family, and a legendary angel. I hear Xerneas is Fairy type.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Fairy type would sound so... wussy. Maybe a "mystical" or "divine" type, but "fairy"? That'd be a stretch, even for as cutesy as Pokemon has become.

As for new evolutions, I have one thing on my mind: DUNSPARCE.

That is all.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I know we have Spinda already, I'd really like to see a new panda Pokémon. It doesn't really represent a panda to me personally. I mean, even if they didn't want to use that exact concept again, they could always go down the line of a red panda instead (which I would be perfectly happy seeing as well!).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I know we have Spinda already, I'd really like to see a new panda Pokémon. It doesn't really represent a panda to me personally. I mean, even if they didn't want to use that exact concept again, they could always go down the line of a red panda instead (which I would be perfectly happy seeing as well!).
Actually Spinda is based on the red Panda, so a black and white panda is still in the cards if they want to do another Panda species.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really don't care about a Dunsparce evolution, sorry, but he is like one of the most forgetable pokemon of all time. As for a new panda pokemon, I'd love to see one too! I guess Spinda is a Panda, but as Jake said, i don't really consider him that

Years
I love the idea of a whole new Cerberus family!
I would make it a pure dark type, with 2 evolutionary stages.

The idea of a Zombie Pokemon sounds good too, and both Ghost or Ghost/Poison
would be very fitting types!! I think Ghost is a pretty nice type, and i loved all the
new ghost types they released with Black and White. I Guess one of the only combos left is Ghost/Fighting? But i can't quite think of a design for it
if there is a zombie pokemon i would like it to have normal/ghost type, a combination that i wait for it a long time

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hmm Ghost/Fighting would be rather unusual, but why not?
It would make it immune to Normal, Ghost and Fighting and would
only have dark as its weakness, which is rather nice (:

Back