The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
ANARCHit3cht

If you to a doctors... they usually have methods at hand to deal with the pain. Usually it involves taking deep breaths, humming a melody, or biting down on something so you don't chomp off your tongue. That begs the question... how well do you handle pain? Is there a difference between "sharp" pain and regular pain for you?

I can handle it pretty well. I always have been able to. If I want, I find that I can consciously subdue my pain if I think hard enough about it. Like when I crashed on my friends quad recently, I got scraped up pretty bad but you know... I still had to climb out of the hole and rescue the quad. It hurt, but you know... not badly. Sharp Pains are a little worse, but they are easy enough to deal with in their own right as they are generally shorter lasting pains.
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Rarityyy

I have a high tolerance to pain, or at least the stuff that would be pretty painful to other people, like I cut my finger with a very sharp knife once (on accident), and to me, it wasn't all that painful.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont have a high tolerance for pain at all and do not enjoy when I do something like clumsily bang my foot against something. It tends to really hurt like every time.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I can handle pain pretty darn well.
I'm too stubborn to let people know if I'm hurt, so I can hide it well. I just play it off / pretend I'm fine and move on.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; May 9th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I can not really handle pain, if I fall over I will certainly feel a lot of pain.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Sharp pain isn't as bad as dull pain to me. Dull pain is subtle and it hurts. It's something I think I should be able to push out of my mind, but it hurts just enough so that I can't focus on what I'm doing, but not enough so that it's super uncomfortable.

I have a high pain tolerance if you count scratches, bruises, aches, etc. If I get scratched or scrape myself while hiking, eh, I'll keep hiking.

But if it's something like a burn or a headache I can't stand it. Stomach aches too. Sharp needly pains hurt too much.
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I can handle sharp peircing pain well, due to my experience as a Med Tech student. But blunt pain? Not much.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
I have a pretty high pain tolerance in general.
Usually if I have to deal with some sort of pain I clench my teeth, and just deal with it.
Hell, most the time people don't even know I'm in pain.

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Seeing as I laugh whenever I get hurt, I'd say pretty damn well.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
In some areas I guess, in others not even remotely. I generally can keep going through dull pain or muscle pain really well if there's things I need to be doing (won't stop me complaining I guess though), I don't do as well with sharper pains but I hate having to rely on medicines or anything so it will take a lot before I resort to a pain killer (this excludes my back pains that I get, those are hell on earth) I find that weird kind of burning pain to be most unpleasant though because it always seems to be in your stomach or chest, neither of which are fun areas to have hurting.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I don't really like pain but I can take a lot of it. If it's something that catches me off-guard then I'll flinch and swear, but if I know it's coming then I don't really do anything.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I haven't had too many injuries, so I don't know about severe pains like that, but things like toothaches and headaches, while annoying, I can work through. I have had some injuries that people thought looked painful and i didn't even flinch, but I am assuming it just LOOKED bad.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Shaturu711

Nature: Gentle
Hmm.. I could say I could handle pain pretty fine, it usually hurts for a minute or so when I knocked my head into a lamp post. I was playing Candy Crush. Figures, eh? That hurt for like two minutes, and another time I just slammed into a glass door. It didn't even look like there was a door there, the whole thing was literally glass! That was an exception. It hurt- a lot, but overall pain's fine for me.

Quote:
Eeveextreme Club Profile:

Username: Shaturu711
Partner Pokemon: Umberon

Titles: [None]
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Other than the initial reaction to a sudden pain, I'm pretty good at handling it. Heck, a few days ago at work, I unknowingly cut my finger with a box cutter, and didn't even realize I was bleeding until a minute or two later.

I'm also pretty good at dealing with lingering pain, be it when I've twisted my ankle or sprained my wrist, both of which I've done numerous times and refused to see a doctor since I knew it wasn't serious.
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:12 AM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I suppose I'm fairly good at handling pain. If it's short and sharp it's over before it even registers, and if it's prolonged then I'll eventually get used to it. I'm not particularly good at dealing with it until I get accustomed to it, though; stomach pain or headaches tend to incapacitate me for a few minutes before I get adjusted to them, but I DO eventually adjust, so I guess it's better than what it could be.
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Fairly well. Take some ibuprofen if I need it, go on with life. Most pain from injuries will go away within a few minutes. I'm always getting into minor accidents due to clumsiness.

If I'm at work, I'm usually too busy to really notice the pain. It's when I'm at home when it can get hard to handle. It probably helps that I haven't had much terrible pain in my life to begin with.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links