• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Too bad it's too late.

He is everything wrong with American Idol.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I miss Paula, not gonna lie, lmao. I religiously watched the show in order to see if she'd turn up drunk and start slurring her words, which is a mean thing to watch the show for, but whatever. The judges are far more entertaining than the singers anyway, and their careers will most definitely outlive those of who they are judging.
Well, except for Paula, anyway. She had one more chance on X Factor and she blew that, lmao. It's not like she'll do anything again that will be as entertaining as crying and throwing up when a guy stripped on stage and flashed his penis at her, lol.

Randy should have left a long time ago, imo. Now that he's gone someone can come in who actually has a genuine presence in the music industry apart from an irrelevant recording label. Good riddance.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Now that he's leaving, AI will finally have its curtain close, something should've happened before this season, honestly.
His exit comes amid reports the entire panel will be replaced next season.
Just... stop.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
i'd hardly say that drizzy hyfr drake would become a judge lest he get even more ridicule than his time on degrassi/bringing yolo into the mainstream

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I was really surprised when Nicki Minaj became a judge, lol. Mariah Carey is understandable, but Nicki Minaj =/

Btw, did the change of the judges ever made any of you stop watching American Idol? For those who watched it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I was really surprised when Nicki Minaj became a judge, lol. Mariah Carey is understandable, but Nicki Minaj =/

Btw, did the change of the judges ever made any of you stop watching American Idol? For those who watched it.
I don't think I ever actively watched after season 2, except for a few seasons where I hung on just for the crazy auditions and then stopped watching. Maybe season 5 was the last time I saw anything at all

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I just watched for the judges, not the contestants, lmao. The contestants are fleeting; the drama of the judges is forever.

Years
Of all the television contest shows I only like to watch the cooking ones because at least on those I can feel like I might get something out of them by learning something about preparing food. The only performance I ever heard from one of this singing/music-related contests that I thought was good was Susan Boyle.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh god, there was this girl on a local station of mine that had a really nice, crisp, organized cooking show a couple of years and it was really, really good! Her recipes were simple, yet practical, and consisted of things that looked really tasty, to be honest. There was this one 'grape and feta (or some other cheese, can't remember what it is) quesadilla' that looked sooo good. Now that I'm thinking about it, I just have to make it someday soon, providing I remember it well enough...

Anyway, I love cooking shows, too. xD I really like reality/game cooking shows, such as that new show The Taste. That was a nice show. I wonder if it was canceled or if it'll be returning with another season.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
thank GOD
How I Met Your Mother is finally ending!!! Ever since Season 3 ended, that show has been nothing but a pathetic imitation of itself and I am happy to see it go. Do svidaniya!

Years
I still love HIMYM, the quality has been poor over the past two seasons in comparison to the previous six, but it's still a brilliant show. Besides there's another season to come yet.

I'm glad we've seen the mother, it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here, but I still hope something crazy happens and Ted ends up with Robin because it just seems right.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I read in an interview with the creators in which they said that the whole of the final season is just going to concentrate on Robin and Barney's wedding weekend and nothing else. To which I say:

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
thank GOD
How I Met Your Mother is finally ending!!! Ever since Season 3 ended, that show has been nothing but a pathetic imitation of itself and I am happy to see it go. Do svidaniya!
I'd agree if not for this current season. This is one of the best seasons the show has managed to produce since it began airing and made me love it again. That said, so incredibly glad it's actually going to be ending soon.

I read in an interview with the creators in which they said that the whole of the final season is just going to concentrate on Robin and Barney's wedding weekend and nothing else.
So it'll be like a longer version of 24?

"Kids, the following takes place between 8 AM and 9 AM..."

I actually wouldn't hate that

My biggest concern for the final season is whether or not the series will be super literal with its title and Ted doesn't meet the wife until the very last episode. I'd understand that we're left to believe they get together and have kids, but after nearly ten years, you want to see what leads to them getting together.

So, I'm guessing no end point on Ted's story? What a blasphemous notion!
Well he does meet the mother at Barney and Robin's wedding, sooo it's quite likely that there's all the resolution you need. I'd even go as far as saying he might not need any more character development since he's in a pretty strong place, despite how much the wedding might hurt him.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Well he does meet the mother at Barney and Robin's wedding, sooo it's quite likely that there's all the resolution you need.
Sure, but it'd be so disappointing to, after eight seasons, have a 'hi I'm x' as the conversation between Ted and the mother we've been so anxiously awaiting to receive an identity for. At least, it would be to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back