The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I think part of the reason they're left there is so the person who broke the rule can see it - when posts are deleted, you can see that they're deleted, but if we delete a thread because someone bumped it then the person that bumped it can't see that they broke a rule and most of the time we don't want to warn/infract for something so small. It's really up to the mod of the section - I'm not comfortable with having dozens of deleted threads in my section just because someone thinks it doesn't look clean enough. I don't want to delete things unless there's a very good reason to do so. So if you wanted to "clean up" a section, you'd have to ask the mod of that individual section if it's something they're willing to do - mods can't delete threads outside of their own section, and higher staff generally leave the upkeep of the sections to their respective moderators.

tl;dr: it's up the mod's discretion as to why they won't, if you want threads deleted ask them personally. :)
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I think part of the reason they're left there is so the person who broke the rule can see it - when posts are deleted, you can see that they're deleted, but if we delete a thread because someone bumped it then the person that bumped it can't see that they broke a rule and most of the time we don't want to warn/infract for something so small. It's really up to the mod of the section - I'm not comfortable with having dozens of deleted threads in my section just because someone thinks it doesn't look clean enough. I don't want to delete things unless there's a very good reason to do so. So if you wanted to "clean up" a section, you'd have to ask the mod of that individual section if it's something they're willing to do - mods can't delete threads outside of their own section, and higher staff generally leave the upkeep of the sections to their respective moderators.

tl;dr: it's up the mod's discretion as to why they won't, if you want threads deleted ask them personally.
Hmmm... Okay. So let's just leave it there. Bye.
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Amano

Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:54 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amano View Post
Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)
Try asking in Gaming Central :)

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Amano

I just did it Right now. Thanks!
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:05 AM
WolfMirage
"Last Raven"

Nature: Bold
i have look into the trade corner thread and the chat thread r not open, so i post my qustion here

my qustion is i have just recently found working ar iv codes and thanks to tabor i have been informed that using them is considering modifil and i wish is it the same as hacking pokes and im a noob when it comes to this stuff and i have stopped using the codes
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Don't really know what's going on. My notifications said I had a new "Like." When I clicked, it sent me to my CP... but nothing in there indicated what post, what topic; nothing! I did all the dropdowns - Infractions, Post Comments - but nothing was displayed, and now on refresh the notification is gone, but I never saw anything lol!

What am I supposed to be looking for in the CP?

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Try changing your style to another style. It functions properly in PC Pro Blue as well as in The Plaza, off the top of my head. On a style where it works properly, it'll show up below everything else on your User CP main page.
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
Don't really know what's going on. My notifications said I had a new "Like." When I clicked, it sent me to my CP... but nothing in there indicated what post, what topic; nothing! I did all the dropdowns - Infractions, Post Comments - but nothing was displayed, and now on refresh the notification is gone, but I never saw anything lol!

Sounds like the likes bit isn't even in the User CP page, which would need fixing. What style are using?
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:43 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
As far as I know, the likes system on "no I don't want your number" works fine for both mobile and desktop.

I should also bring up at this point that some styles display the likes for desktop but not the mobile. Might want to fix that.

Last edited by droomph; May 10th, 2013 at 06:56 AM. Reason: asdf
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I was using Generation INverse. It shows up for Let's Fly Together, but not Gen. INverse :(

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Beth Sycamore
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Which pokemon gives you food, or you could get food from? This question relates to pokemon from every, and all the pokemon games.
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin

Another possibility I can think of is that someone might have accidentally liked one of your posts (maybe when scrolling or something), and in the time between getting the notification and going to your control panel, they unliked it. I just tested it, and any of your posts that become unliked no longer show up in the Control Panel.

On a somewhat related note, when I was checking out this problem, I noticed that not all of my posts that have been liked are actually showing up in my control panel. For example, the actual post says that one person likes it, but it doesn't show up in my latest 10 likes (even though it was from yesterday). Was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Okay this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes:

Some people use this BB code i guess, where if you hover over word with the mouse, a little box with extra info will show up. How do i do that??

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Okay this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes:

Some people use this BB code i guess, where if you hover over word with the mouse, a little box with extra info will show up. How do i do that??
TEXT GOES HERE

[title=lalala]TEXT GOES HERE[/title]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sycamore View Post
Which pokemon gives you food, or you could get food from? This question relates to pokemon from every, and all the pokemon games.
Best to ask this in this thread (click the underlined link!)
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Thank you for the quick help!! :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Jedite1000
Deoxys Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jedite1000 Send a message via Yahoo to Jedite1000
Quick question..what happened to all the sprite comics? are they not aloud on this site anymore?
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:28 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Hey y'all, is there a way to fix/set the notification type for all my posts? So that I'm subscribed to every post I make from now on????
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:53 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Go to "User Options" which should be at the top of the page. Select "Edit Options" from the drop down menu that should appear and scroll down to the second box "Messaging & Notification". The second box within this should be titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". In the drop down menu, change the option to "Do no subscribe" and it should be all good.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Idk why in the world a bar showed in my sig in this post. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=127
Though it looks fine on my other posts. :/
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Antemortem
[INSERT A PROFOUND TRUTH]

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
It looks fine to me as well, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by 'bar?'
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Uzumaki Naruto Jr.
Champion

Why is the forum so slow. I have a decent internet connection and PC, but it takes forever to load a page. All other sites load instantly but this forum. .-.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki Naruto Jr. View Post
Why is the forum so slow. I have a decent internet connection and PC, but it takes forever to load a page. All other sites load instantly but this forum. .-.
It's just heavy load on PC's database, because of all the web traffic that the site gets, and unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done
Fairy
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Just about profile pictures.

I'm trying to put a pic' as my background image on my profile. I did this on another account without problems; however, this time around, I try to use the picture in my PC album and it says the URL is invalid.

On the other account, it actually offers a drop-down with applicable images. This one, it asks for an URL and highlights red because it's invalid.

:\ Did I forget to do something..?
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
Just about profile pictures.

I'm trying to put a pic' as my background image on my profile. I did this on another account without problems; however, this time around, I try to use the picture in my PC album and it says the URL is invalid.

On the other account, it actually offers a drop-down with applicable images. This one, it asks for an URL and highlights red because it's invalid.

:\ Did I forget to do something..?
It doesn't sound like you missed anything. I don't use images for my profile often, but is the album specified as a profile album? Not sure if that matters.

Sponsored Links