The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Forever
let it go

So the E4 thread doesn't really cover this and I wanna bring it up! So in Unova we've had two champions: Alder and Iris (the games have been out for almost a year okay! it's no longer a spoiler!) How did you feel about these being the champions of the two games? Would've you rather had Iris for both? Alder returning for a second time? Which do you think was the most champion-like throughout the games (which moments in particular?) If they weren't the champions, who else would've you liked it to be? Would've you preferred it was you? Maybe something like Hall of Fame playing randomly for the English versions lool. Share yo thoughts!
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Marisa
dim. dream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Well, I actually expected a change in the Champion routine. As in, your character from the previous game becoming Champ. Who wouldn't love to see a battle against Nate and Hilbert?

Besides that, I would've liked Alder to have returned. To me, Iris is a bit to childish to be a champion (I still like Iris as a character), and Alder seems like an expert in "champion" business.
leijon
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I would have prefered for Alder to make a return as Champion in the second game. I share Sonic's opinion on Iris being too much of a child to be the last challenge of the game, i really felt somehwat disappointed.

I think Drayden would have been a great champ as well, he is a great Poketrainer and knows about Unova's tradition and legends. Having a Rival becoming Champ before you do like in the original RBY again would be pretty nice too!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
I would have prefered alder as a champion because he is a Pro and Iris is a bit childish for being a champion.

I think Hugh would be a great champ because of his fighting spirit XD.Having a rival champ just like in RBY/FRLG would be the coolest battle ever
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Having Iris as a champion seemed a waste as she is only a child, it would not happen it real life. Having Alder back as champion no thank you. I would prefer Bianca as champion as it would of been the coolest plot twist ever.
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:15 AM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I didn't much care for either Alder or Iris. Alder was just kind of there, and Iris didn't really feature prominently in the game; she just had a random upgrade, much like Caitlin. As far as Champions go, they're both extremely disappointing, and I would have preferred either for one of them to undergo some noticeable development and/or interaction, or have someone who was more intimately involved with events - N for example, or Ghetsis, or anyone else who was in the game for longer than a few minutes - be the Champion instead.
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:22 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I think Alder stepping down as Champion made sense because he wanted to let the current, younger generation take charge, and this is reflected in Iris. I agree that Iris needed a bit more development to become the Champion, but I don't mind her being Champion at all.

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
I agree with Platinum. Also.. Alder was... such a joke. Unless his team received a complete overhaul, I couldn't accept him as a "Champion". Iris, on the other hand, was a challenge. As far as themes went, Iris was better as well.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I wanted Hilbert/Hilda to be the champion of BW2, but I knew it was going to be Iris even before I battled her. xD

I agree that Iris provided way more of a challenge than Alder, like an endgame champion battle should. Not to mention that theme of hers is amazing and the battle itself has the best atmosphere of any battle to date. It really felt like a final battle.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I'll have to echo the feelings of a few others in that I wasn't really sold on Iris being Champion, at least not yet. I think she would've made for a great Champion in X/Y if they're placed a few years after the storyline of B/W2, but she seemed to become the Champion out of the blue.

If they were insistent on having Alder step down, I wouldn't have even minded if Benga was the new Champion, as long as they introduced in much earlier in the game.
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
So.. you wouldn't want Iris to be Champion because she doesn't seem old enough.. yet you'd accept Benga as a Champion when he seems no older than Iris? ...wut?

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
I preferred Iris as a champion even though she does need a little more maturing. Alder is awesome but his team isn't as good. Iris has a nicer Champion Theme and also a tougher team.

Yes, THAT Lapras and especially THAT troll Level 83 Haxorus with Focus Sash, Outrage and Dragon Dance... And not to forget THAT Archeops with Stone Edge, Acrobatics and Flying Gem in Challenge Mode. It was fun battling with them

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved Iris as a Champion, especially her design. She looked so badass with that hairdo and the fact she's a Trainer outside of competitive play who actually puts held items on their Pokemon. I mean, that Focus Sash she has on Haxorus can really catch those off-guard who try to OHKO it. She even has her Archeops hold a Flying Gem in Challenge Mode... which can make it hit hard with Acrobatics.

Alder was alright, but his team wasn't really appealing at all apart from Volcarona. Iris also has a better, stronger team than him.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links