• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
If Moyes does go, Everton will probably be a bit angry that they can't earn compensation from him since his contract is up.

I think Moyes would be more willing to work with current squad of players, bringing up Jones, Smalling etc. whereas Mourinho would just spend as much as possible to make his own squad so for that reason Moyes is probably more likely.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I wonder if officials will still be scared to give calls against Utd at home. If not the whisky nosed bacon face putting his feet up really is the best thing for the football world.

However much you talk up his managerial prowess I just can't see this as a sad day.

Years
BBC did a study which suggests higher reputation teams will get 'Fergie time' regardless so I can only assume it's the same for most referee decisions.

_64333936_fergie_time_624.gif

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Arsenal just get the crooked linos. That being said I want them to win their last two games.

Anyway I'm glad this didn't take long to sort out. Wonder how long it'll take Baines and Fellaini to join him.

Years
An excellent career step for moyes.

Baines & Fellaini would fill required positions so you might not be far off. I'm sure Everton will be glad to have some money for once if they sell

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Yup. A good move for Moyes and United.

Roberto Martinez seems to be the bookies fav for the now vacent Everton job. Whilst I like the guy for his football philosophy (and dress sense that's up there with Hoots) I just think it would risk ruining the stability Moyes has created for them over the last decade. He really hasn't taken Wigan forward at all, despite having some very good players in his sides and spending 5+ million on multiple occasions. A tough man to replace for a club like Everton that's for sure.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Moyes is a good choice for sure. As long as he doesn't change our philosophy to the lumping it to the edge of the box then attacking that Everton do. That was how United played in the mid-90s.
To be honest my main concern is that we offload Rooney and Nani (who has talent, but just isn't consistent) etc. without bringing in somebody huge like Ronaldo to fill the gap

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm...I can see him staying another year. I know they haven't won anything (Champions League win persuaded Ronaldo to stay at Utd. for another year), but I think he'll want to see if he can carry his form for more than one season and repay Spurs for the time they've invested in him. I could be wrong though. And if he did come to Utd. he'd be the ideal heir to Giggs' number when he retires, which looks like at the end of the 2013/14 season. So us signing him then would be ideal :)

Years
Bale seems like an odd one to me, I can't gauge his loyalty to Spurs.

If he does show an intention to leave, Daniel Levy won't make it cheap for the buyer.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Oh no, now Neil Lennon is odds on to take over at Everton. Winning the SPL with that group of players is probably about the equivilent of me winning a kickboxing match against a 3 year old. Ok, he does ok in the Champions League but even a lot of that is down to the Celtic Park crowd.

Another name on the list is my first footballing boyhood hero, Malky Mackay. Seems to have done well in the Championship and cup last season iirc. I hope to see him manage Norwich one day.

Years
He's actually done a bad job at coasting Celtic to the title as well. I mean sure they still did, but they've dropped nearly 40 points this season which is pretty poor for the advantage they're given. In many seasons when Rangers were there to take potentially 12 off them, they still scored way more points than they have this season.

Mackay has an easy job at Cardiff as well, so we'll see if he shows real managerial ability in the season to come.

Pillodox

Ruff
Years
New Wolves manager, no-one gives a crap.

New Man Utd manager, it's all over the news.

True story

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
The national media care more about Sir Alex's bowel movements than 99% of football teams through the leagues.

Nearly FA cup time. My head says a tragic Wigan loss knocking their confidence for last prem games but my heart will support the underdog.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Classic Wigan really.

If they do go down they're going to lose quite a few of these players. Could easily see them dropping through the leagues over the next decade.

Years
It's certainly possible, especially with Whelan stepping down in the next few years.

It'll be tough next season balancing the Europa League with the Championship if they do go down.

Back