The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Along with many other great features, Black 2 and White 2 have also introduced the ever so addictive, sometimes tedious, but nonetheless fun, achievements found on so many current games: medals. Some are easy to come by, and are rewarded for trivial tasks, others are more difficult. If you ever need a reason to compete in the Battle Subway, PWT, to check trash cans, make movies or go fishing, there's a medal to motivate you.

There's a total of 255 medals, divided into five categories:

So, what do YOU think of the Medal Rally? Are you a completionist, actively collecting all the medals? Is there a certain medal(s) you're going after? What's your favorite medal and why? Come discuss!

And to spice things up, here's a challenge for everybody. Presenting the Medal of the Week:

CASTELIA BOSS A Medal for those who became the leader of the pack in Castelia City.
Do you have this medal? If not, can you get it until Saturday?
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:44 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I collect the medals but not looking to get them all. My fav medal tho is the never give up medal
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
There were very few medals I actually went out of my way to get. Was a very nice addition to the series, though. Hope X and Y carry on with achievements in some way.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I only have about 20 of the medals I am not really set on heart collecting them all. My favorite Medal is the Magikarp Award medal.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

I think I'm up to about 60 or 70 medals at this point, but I've got no real plan to try and get all of them. That being said, the Medal Rally was one of my favorite additions to B/W2 (my favorite medal I have being Trash Master), and I really hope that it continues for X/Y and beyond.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:47 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I have 150 that I've gotten over time, but I never went out of my way to try and get any, it just kind of happened while I was playing or doing random things. Though I think it's nice that they included an achievement system of sorts. Maybe I'll try and collect all of them some time in the future.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:02 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

They were quite nice to do post-game, as I sometimes get bored just looking for pokemons to breed, catch or train. I haven't even gotten 50 yet lol, but I will (someday) try and get there.
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
The Medal Rally is a great motivator for me to continue playing Black 2. I currently have 120, 4 of which are the type champs. Collecting all 255 though? Not in the near future for me Even that medal of the week (Castelia Boss) sounds hard to get. *goes off to Bulbapedia*

I suppose the Medal Rally also encourages friendly competition, as I have a few IRL friends that are catching up to me in Medals. My personal favorite is the Super Rich medal (because, yes, I am the 1% in that game - about $9 mil right now). I just like to hoard money I guess
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved this feature, because I always wanted rewards for doing certain stuff in the game. I currently have 61 medals in my Medal Box in Black 2 and I was actually surprised to have collected that much. I do hope they keep it for X & Y.
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
The Medal Rally is decent. There is no real reward which is a shame. I have like 180-190 medals just through normal play, mostly. I only went out of my way to get a few, like Wailord Watching.

I'm not motivated to get the rest because the funfest ones are pretty much impossible for me, since I don't have friends with the games, so I'll never complete it anyway.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:24 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Well, since I'm one of those people who are crazy for achievements, the medals were a very nice addition. I haven't been actively collecting them, but now that I finally finished the game, I think this is going to be something good to spend my time on. My favorite medal is Pure Youth, for befriending one of N's Pokemon, and before that, the one for linking to BW and seeing one of the memories, because Memory Link is my favorite feature in B2W2.
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

I feel that the Medal Rally is ok, it spurs you to play on to meet the medal requirements. Currently, I have only 89 medals and no favorite amongst them.

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
gavynray123

Nature: Serious
I am almost at the goal of 100 medals, with a total of 98. Impressive huh?
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:23 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

I get medals but only as a side task, and I have no clue how the hint medals work, i think I have like 70 and I got some for hatching a shiny egg (Bike master pro amazing sauce, egg hatcher master and apprentice and novice, and lucky color)
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

I have 99 Medals currently, just one more and...

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:38 AM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
I have around 107 medals now. It's a shame that I cannot get those medals which require Wireless and IR features. I have no one to play with

Old June 10th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

I have exactly a hundred medals now and my favorite one is the Elite Medalist Medal

Old June 19th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think Medal Rally is one cool feature. Currently I'm having 52 medals, and my fave is First Cult Classic medal.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Tsutarja
Burning hot!

Nature: Jolly
I really think the metal rally is a fun competition to have in the game, especially for those who like setting goals. I currently have 84 metals

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:39 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
The Medal rally is my favorite feature of B2W2. I only have 72 medals right now. I haven't really been focused on collecting them. My favorite medal is the "Magikarp Award" for using splash no matter what. xDDD
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM
ggrr

I got all the medals in 23 minutes.

Old July 18th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
In 23 minutes? All of them? I find that really hard to believe without any elaboration as to how.

I feel like the medals were a good way to give people who don't know what to do after story mode stuff to do. But I already have enough to do after story mode, so I couldn't care less about beating the Elite 4 with monotype-teams, etc.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
After I defeated the Elite Four I had about 50 medals. The medals were a cool feature, but I really didn't try too hard to collect them.
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I didn't like the idea of the medal rally, but fortunately it's the only thing I don't like about the B2W2 series. Although I am over the 50 medal mark, you still don't get any prizes for reaching that milestone. The worst part is that you can't get all medals without using Wireless and IR features.

Another things that personally annoys me is that when the Medal Man appears at the Pokemon Center it gets in the way of the PC. I know it's a little thing but that sometimes annoys me as well.
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I love the medals, it's just that I always forget about them. ;n;

I certainly have my favorites, though. Wailord Watcher is still probably my favorite. <3 It's so hard to find that stinkin' Wailord and it's so adorable, so whenever I see it I always run to make sure I get the medal.

I'm actually about to start trying to collect all of the Challenge Medals, which will take a while, but the medal Rally is definitely something to keep up with after you've defeated the Elite Four!

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links