• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
I have an RP idea but I need you to give feedback please so the story is (not as long as it will be) Mew had a protector who was it's friend swell but suddenly team rocket killed him to try and get mew. All the other teams in the other regions heard about this and also found out mew had escaped and ran off to a faraway region. The people of the region heard about this and had a massive breakdown on society trying to get mew and have it's powers for their own. A few people were summoned by mew to take out the Massive threats and try and stop all the civilians from trying to get mew. All champions that took down the teams of their home region died in a battle that went on for months many were killed. No one thought mew survived but it is in big danger being held hostage by Ghetsis with Mewtwo, Genesect and Kyurem. Professor Oak knew that and has now asked trainers from each region to help take down Team Plasma and save the world before it is destroyed.
What do you think?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I have an RP idea but I need you to give feedback please so the story is (not as long as it will be) Mew had a protector who was it's friend swell but suddenly team rocket killed him to try and get mew. All the other teams in the other regions heard about this and also found out mew had escaped and ran off to a faraway region. The people of the region heard about this and had a massive breakdown on society trying to get mew and have it's powers for their own. A few people were summoned by mew to take out the Massive threats and try and stop all the civilians from trying to get mew. All champions that took down the teams of their home region died in a battle that went on for months many were killed. No one thought mew survived but it is in big danger being held hostage by Ghetsis with Mewtwo, Genesect and Kyurem. Professor Oak knew that and has now asked trainers from each region to help take down Team Plasma and save the world before it is destroyed.
What do you think?
Well, I have plenty of smaller questions...but there's one comment I have to make. It seems that you are trying to do everything to make something cool and appealing (such as bringing in all the teams, all the champions), but you have to focus this down. For instance, Plasma has no interest in destroying the world. Heck, none of the team leaders do, because it would mean certain death for them as well and none of them are suicidal.

Now, supposing that Mew does have this kind of incredible power, why doesn't it just take down Ghetsis? Sure, it's fun loving, but I can't see Mew as being the type to put itself, as well as the entire world, into grave danger for the sake of...nothing.

Plus, most of the other teams are dissolved. I'm not saying it's unreasonable that they would revive themselves if they had the motivation, but I think that the only one that would really go after Mew is Giovanni of Team Rocket, but his supposedly evil motivation is mostly brought on by his ambitions, so whether he'd actually do anything with Mew were he to obtain it...is pretty debatable, but you could certainly justify it in the RP. After all, Mew is still a mystery. Now, you do mention that they learn exactly what his power is, which could possibly catch the attention of Ghetsis as well, but not to the point where he would want to take over the world with it. Heck, if he had Mewtwo, Genesect, and Kyurem on his side, I think he'd be more than powerful enough to take over the world and destroy it.

As for the new region, why does it's society breakdown? I mean, I can understand that Mew is in the region and people want it, but there'd have to be some larger reason that this happens. What's more, why does everyone want it? I mean, sure, the Mew's powerful, but consider that quite a few incredibly strong legends have their locations known and they don't cause any sort of conflict (most of the time).

And how does Mew summon people? I'm not really sure how that works.

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Hey RP thread! I'm rather new here, (and completely new to the RP section.) I was just wondering if there was an RP that took newcomers. Also, I've read the guides and i don't think it says where to post Character Profiles, so I was wondering about that. Thanks in advance!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Hey RP thread! I'm rather new here, (and completely new to the RP section.) I was just wondering if there was an RP that took newcomers. Also, I've read the guides and i don't think it says where to post Character Profiles, so I was wondering about that. Thanks in advance!

We don't have character profiles here :3 you simply sign up into a RP with a newly created character. You create a new character for every RP ^^

I don't know if you're fimilair with Sword Art Online? c: ShinyDiamond and I posted a Sword Art Online RP yesterday, it will be up once Skymin accepted it ^^

Skymin is the moderator of the Roleplay Corner and Lounge c:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

Hey there! Welcome to these ever so awesome forums!
Character profiles... Most people refer to them as Sign-Up Sheets, SU Sheets for short. These should be in the first post of either the IC (In Character) or the OOC (Out Of Character) Threads of a Roleplay, these tend to have one of each although only the IC is needed to Roleplay. IC threads are all located in the Roleplay Corner and should only be used for posting as the character you Roleplay as (unless there isn't an OOC thread for the RP). OOC Threads tend to be in the Roleplay Loungue, but may also be in the IC for whatever reason. It's in these threads in which you post your SU sheet an discuss stuf related to the RP itself with your fellow Roleplayers. Although, of course, a GM (Game Master, aka, he or she who is in charge of the RP) has to review your SU. If the GM thinks your SU lacks nothing, then they will accept you in the Roleplay, but don't worry If they don't! You can always try again!

Also, every Su needs specific criteria to be filled, which may or may not be the same between RPs.

I hope I helped! :D But if you still have questions, we can always answer them!

Years
I think that perhaps it could be a great RP but I think that you need to expand on it a bit more story wise and gameplay wise before I can give too much feedback.

Edit: Oh, and partially due to Oregan's encouragement, both the Darker than Black RP I mentioned and another RP are on the way. I just have to get the last details sorted.

So...when will I see the first page completely filled with RP's that literally have your name on them? :P

NecrumWarrior: It sounds interesting, but how do you plan on using the legendaries? What type of obstacles would be faced? How is the rest of the populace reacting to two Teams trying to take over? Do specific tons favor one over the other or are they all in an agreement that both Teams need to go?

Koopa: as machomuu said; what's so special about mew? He already has Mewtwo and two other legendaries to boot, why does Mew make such a difference? Also, why would the world be destroyed, and is that Ghetsis' plan or an unfortunate oversight in his schemes?

Years
@Oregon - Shortly, I just need to wait on a bit of messing around with editing and formatting, but the RPs themselves are fully made.

@Koopa - As everyone said, you have tried to cram too much into the RP in an attempt to appeal to everyone. Some RPs will be appealing to certain people, others won't - just narrow the focus and those who have an interest will show up, that's the way to do it.

@YellowGardevoir - Pokemon Trainer Academy is generally the go-to for new RPers here but you might also want to look into a few of the other RPs like the soon-to-be released SAO RP or you might want to have a look into Pokemon Survival Challenge v2.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
@YellowGardevoir: PTA is the go to for some newcomers, also it might be good to check the recently accepted RPs. You should be able to tell in the first post of the thread in the roleplay lounge what RP's are accepting characters and what ones aren't.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey thread. I disappeared to universityland for a week or so but I'll try to be back now.

I just want to point at this RP http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300660 which is about Homestuck and I think anyone who has read Homestuck should join and anyone who thinks it seems remotely interesting should join and see what it's like. A properly managed Homestuck RP should become epic :3

Then again there haven't been posts there for 10 days so maybe the GM has given up? I hope not.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hey all, looking for talented rpers to join my latest rp! With summer around the corner you all should have no reason to try out! It's not based on time restrictions, rather who has the best quality SUs to show that they can be better rpers than their competition in this rp!

Adlania is a majestic place inhabited by various races. I am looking for four adventurers to travel the lands. This is not entirely a sandbox rp. There is a main quest of course, but the rpers are free to choose whether to pursue it, ignore it, or even work for the main villain. Want to be an assassin? Want to be a holy knight? Perhaps you are looking to just travel around and see the sights while chaos erupts around you? Whatever path you choose to take, know that there will be consequences, but also many rewards as well.

Chalifoux

Years
@ Red. *And there was joy and happiness in the OOC Thread* :) Thanks a bunch for dragging people to the Rp. I really appreciated that :D

And now, MORE shameless advertising. But not about an RP I created. It's about DeLaMuerte's. DEADMAN.exe. It's okay if you've never heard of the anime, it barely resembles it! Basically you control your own blood in a certain way, as part of some psycho's schemes! But you only have a certain amount of blood, so you better be careful!

... And there's also free cookies in the OOC.

So, what do you think? You likes? You loves? I thought so! Now clicky here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301147

Years
Well, EliteBeats and I have completed working on our role play and it has now been submitted, we are just awaiting acceptance from Skymin :D

On a similar not, the Darker Than Black RP that Lokiepie and I have been working on is soon to follow so keep your eyes open for that also.

So, the "era" of my RPs littering the corner has begun haha (happy ORegan?)

Chalifoux

Years
The Holy Era of Gimmepie is soon to unleash itself in front of everyone xD

Anyways. Y'know, someone should do a Gravity Rush RP... Or maybe a Journey RP... OR BOTH?! Errmerrgerrd, They would be loads and tons of awesome if done right.

Seriously. Do these RPs. Do them now.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You know what else would be cool to RP in?

Dragonball Z
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dragon Age
Fable
Dead Rising
Busou Renkin
Super Press Space To Win Action RPG 2009

... That last one may have been a joke.

Years
I don't know what Gravity Rush is but there are always Journey RPs here, I even have one haha.

The Holy Era of Gimmepie? I like the sound of it, but the holy thing is Supervegeta's gig (and with good reason).

Chalifoux

Years
I mean the Sony Game named Journey, sillypie :p
Here, you can has a banner of it

PSN-Journey-755x190.jpg

And Gravity Rush is bout this girl that controls Gravity and protects the land of Hekseville against monsters and stuff. Would be very hard to turn into a RP, and would also be extremely hard to GM (I presume), but would be the most epic thing in the world.

@WolfofEve. Oh yes. Especially fullmetal Alchemist. Why don't you do these RPs, people?!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You know what else would be cool to RP in?

Dragonball Z
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dragon Age
Fable
Dead Rising
Busou Renkin
Super Press Space To Win Action RPG 2009

... That last one may have been a joke.
Dear God all of those would be awesome. Though you'd have to have a good bunch of RPers and crazy balancing to do DBZ. I think a DB RP would work as a Journey RP, though.

Years
Repent, the time for pie is upon us. As the legends foretold; When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars. Peace will guide the planet, and love will steer the stars. This is the dawning of the age....ok I'll stop. (I have an excuse for knowing that song by heart, I swear.)

Dear God all of those would be awesome. Though you'd have to have a good bunch of RPers and crazy balancing to do DBZ. I think a DB RP would work as a Journey RP, though.

Everyone is Yamcha. Problem solved.

I honestly think a Ronin Warriors RP would be pretty beast. Maybe even a Metal Gear Solid RP involving a Foxhound unit would be in order, providing the GM has a knack for making nonsense make sense. A Zoids RP or a Gundam RP on the site would make me very happy.(O'Regan loves him some robot violence.)

Oh, also, someone should do a Pokemon RP. It may be a little advanced for novice RPer's, but one can dream can't they?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey guys, just need everyone's opinion on something before I make a decision about it; would you guys participate in an RP event at the Get-Together?

I'm only asking as we had one last year with me and Meg hosting it but it really flopped and nobody posted final entries. And, if we do have participants who actually finish their entires, would anyone like to host it with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back