The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
derozio
My ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Your pixel art's amazing, Jo. I'm no spriter so I don't know if my words carry as much weight as, say, Logiedan's would carry but they look really amazing to me. California Girl is really, really pretty. I like every aspect of it be it coloring or shading. The background patterns really do add to the piece as well. It just meshes together really well.

There's one thing, though, that irks me.

The way her shoulder has been drawn just doesn't look natural to me. It looks as if it's bent more than it was supposed to be. Might just be me, though. Idk.

Volcarona (if that's its name) sprite-work is gorgeous as hell. <3; I adore it.

Another one of your recent stuff that caught my eye was the gengar wallpaper - it looks great. In my opinion, what makes it look better when compared to similar works like the gyrados wallpaper is that the brushes you chose to use look far more appropriate there. The pokemon themselves look good in all three of them, no doubt, but efficient utilization of brushes in the gengar wallpaper makes it stand out from the rest. White splatter looks yummy behind gengar and the one you used behind gastly is just as nice. <3;
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Fairy
believe

Haha, yeah the sad thing is, that was the only way her shoulder did look right. That was my first real pixel art piece, and I just couldn't get all of it to work seamlessly. One of these days I'll go back and actually clean her up. But not today. :p

And yeah, I was definitely getting more comfortable with my new stuff when doing the Gengar wallpaper. The earlier ones are messy, but hey, I'm still learnin' :3 (As you can probably tell, the first lesson I learned was "less is more" xP). It's been a heck of a lot of fun trying out new things though! It means a lot to me that you noticed. n_n;
third page thanks dero hun~!

Update____________________
New section added under Pokemon Works. Sprites! My latest thing. I'm taking a break from the wallpaper project due to lack of motivation / interest. Sooo yeah.

Things to see

• Bunch of sprites. Like five of them or something lol

Enjoy
pixel joint x friend code x dream address
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Fairy
believe

Unconventional Update____________________
Just a doodle and a picture n_n; idk felt like posting. First one's sort of an unintentional self portrait, the second is a Larvesta plush my boyfriend bought me. Best plush ever y/y?

Enjoy
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
omigsoh you've added so much since i've last looked at your artwork. your sprites are amazing! i love the shading and how realistic they are. how long does it usually take you to complete one big sprite like that?
your new sketch you just posted above is amazing! i love the eyes! i'm immediately drawn to them. it's like you can feel her emotions.
the photo you posted is alright, the lighting is kinda bad and i wish it had some type of a more visible light source.
keep posting!

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Fairy
believe

KAAYYLLAAAA~~~ I missed you hun <3

Yeah! A lot has happened! n_n; And thanks! Prepare yourself though, this is quite the story to answer your question. @_@; I've been meaning to get this officially in a post anyway because a lot of people have come together to inspire my latest spriting craze, so bare with me.

As always, the duration really depends on what piece I'm spriting. Originally, I had entered an X & Y competition, hosted by Aerylin and created my first ever fakemon sprite. Then, I did the California girl sprite from a drawing, inspired by Signomi, which was my first attempt at spriting a fully drawn piece by myself. Then, TwilghtBlade sent me this adorable picture of a Volcarona and Larvesta, so I decided to sprite it for fun! Props must also go to Scarf for showing me how beautiful spriting can be, and Logiedan for keeping some tutorials available.

Since then, I've been going around spriting other people's lovely drawings -- partially because I'm too afraid to sprite my own, and mostly because their ideas are better. n_n; Not the most graceful answer, but the truth. Naturally, credit has been given to all of the original artists.

Anyway, your question!

The time it takes depends on the complexity of the original drawing and how much depth I want to put into the spriting. In the beginning, I'd probably spend about a total of three hours over the course of a few days (I'm slow lol). As I've gradually increased the difficulty level of the drawings I choose, I'm spending close to a week spriting. Hence why Rayquaza is still a WIP, as it is the most complicated.

But some things are just treats for me. :D Like my "Thread Lock" Pikachu or my latest; the ever classic

which I knocked out in under an hour. xD

I've also been doing request pieces, like the Shiny Whimsicott and Jumpluff, which take as long as they need to be perfect. Again, depends on the complexity.

Woo okay, now that that's over with, I can say thanks! I like to think I took everyone's critiques to heart, so even my doodles have begun to show improvement. I'm glad it caught your attention.

As for the photo? Well, maybe my gallery wasn't the best place to post it lol. It's not supposed to be "art" necessarily. I just wanted to show it off, really. Can you blame me? It's so CUTE! But I will take you comments into consideration next time I photograph my plushes! :3

Thanks Kayla! <3
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:38 AM
derozio
My ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
You've come a long way, Jo. Just look at stuff with which you started off in here. And the kind of stuff that you're showcasing now. Quite a substantial amount of difference, really. Your art has improved a lot; A LOT. And I'm so glad I could be a spectator and look at your journey from the time you posted your first work till now. Just keep going forward like this. You're doing an amazing job. I'd love to see how much you improve from here on out so I'll regret not being able to see what pieces of epicness you decide to showcase in this gallery in the year to come; but alas, nothing can be done about that. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun going through those when I return. And I'll post a tl;dr with me fanboying over your stuff which'll be so long that it'll be hard for you to handle, haha.

But yeah. I realize this post isn't directed to any specific work of yours but there's not really much I can say here, really. You've improved tons. I love all your recent additions. A lot. <3; Though, if I may, allow me to say this - if your self portrait is so goddamn beautiful then I can't wait till I get to see a real pic of yourself, lmao. sowwie Nick not trying anything honestly The facial expression is really well done. It's a notch above the sketches of female characters you've posted and I'm sure you do realize it. Or maybe not and I'm just attracted to the pic, lol. :p

It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't drop in to post a comment before leaving so here I am, haha. Sorry it was kinda on the short side. ;o;
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Fairy
believe

ilu Dero~ n_n;

I got a few new sprites up. I decided to try devamping! It...it is not easy. Like, I totally went into it thinking, "oh! This is so simple, it's basically just dumbing current sprites down". No no no. The rules and the restrictions.. it definitely forces you to think critically about how sprites work. And All I did was recolor! I didn't even try making them from scratch. It is not simple, at all. I don't think I'm up to snuff with my spriting skills enough to start devamping. I mean, I did repose Whimsicott a tiny bit -- I changed the mouth and the arms, but fundamentally it's still the same. But hey, you have to start somewhere, right?

So yeah, enjoy. :p
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Euphoric... that's the perfect title for this thread xD

Alright, most of what I'm seeing here takes A LOT of skill and art, especially the distinct colours and lighting and such.

But... can you change the image quality from .jpg to .png? I'm saying only for the SMALLER pieces. Because I could clearly see the difference in quality in this image. Changing all of them into png will give you humongous load time problems, so yes.

Well I'm going to leave the Pokémon Sprites for the last since I think that's the most special

That Gliscor wallpaper looks rather cool, so I guess that you've remodelled the shading and colours a million times to get that lol.

The Excadrill as well is great to see. The blades on the hands must've been some trouble to make.

The rest of the drawings are really good, I can see that you're excellent at lineart! You should try making more and more sketches. SKETCHES IS YOUR STRONG POINT

This guy... I think his head went out of shape. Make him taller.

Terrible angle, yes.

This piece is really good. Nice to see such detail, yes, especially the kimono.

The sprite art:
I see that you're enjoying creating these. And why shouldn't you? The margin of error is comparitively lesser, since the original art is stacked beforehand. I can suggest you to MAKE A SKETCH AND SPRITE IT. Combine both talents and lol. You will be the best. I like how effectively you use dithering, but try lessening them around Volcarona's wing sprouts. Then: Whimsicott's mouth. The shading looks rather out-of-place, consider revising it or for convenience remove the shading. Won't make much of a difference.

The Rayquaza WIP is far by the best piece. It's shading style is mixed, and the colours used sure brightens it.

One thing I learnt by looking here is that you've been drawing for centuries. You must have so much experience.

Hope-to-see-more. Good luck!
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Fairy
believe

Ah, thank you for the review Hoenn! n_n;

It's comments like this that make me wish I never revamped my gallery. I've since gotten rid of all of the explanations of *why* exactly some pieces turn out the way they do. Also keep in mind that I only recently acquired the tools for proper digital drawing. Things like, .jpeg, .png, etc were a mystery to me no more than a month ago. I assure you now all of my drawings are saved under one correct format. :) I just never went back to fix all of the old stuff. [/bad, lazy artist]

Anyway, Kratos, for example, is based on an anatomical sketch by Da Vinci. He is supposed to have exaggerated features, as is the nature of the original sketch and the character itself. I think for a while I had the Da Vinvi sketch up for comparison, making it somewhat easier to see why I took some of the creative routes I did. But again, this was removed. But, anyway, the generous proportions were done on purpose.

Wolverine, eh, I just never got rid of him. :p No excuse it's a bad drawing and filler from when I needed to occupy the gallery with four pieces. Needs to be put someone off of the main gallery.

The kimono girl.. ah.. It's weird because the pieces I like the least (gliscor / kimono girl) are my most popular, go figure. Glad you like it though! Looks like that particular drawing is dying for a revamp.

Pixel art...

Well, I've been having a hell of a lot of fun with it. That's no lie. But.. I don't know if I'm really ready (or comfortable enough with my skills) to start spriting my own work. The California girl piece was the first I did though, and while I'm not disappointed with how to came out, it's clear that I bit off more than I could chew. For now, I still need to learn the basics and the rules. So practice with other, more simplistic artistic styles seems like the most logical route to me.

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to have a greater appreciation for pixel art before I go around saying I'm some master at it. There's still a lot I need to learn. As for Rayquaza? Well... .__.; The style it's in is far too tedious and complicated.. so if anything, it'll be a while before I make any substantial progress with it.

But hey, that means a lot coming from you. I know you're quite the veteran spriter! I'll take any and all advice you can give me. :D Thank you, so so much for the feedback.

Also

This post needed more Breloom. n_n;
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Hexhellfire

holy crap this is some really impressive work!! are you using photo shop? ive had a drawing tablet since last xmas but im struggling to get thing looking so crisp and neat. ant tips?
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Fairy
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexhellfire
holy crap this is some really impressive work!! are you using photo shop? ive had a drawing tablet since last xmas but im struggling to get thing looking so crisp and neat. ant tips?
Thanks Hex! :D That means a lot to me coming from an artist like you.

Yes, I do use Photoshop (CS7) although, I admit, I wouldn't if it didn't come with my tablet. GIMP is definitely an awesome, easy to navigate, and free program that can do pretty much anything Photoshop does. So if Photoshop is difficult for you, than definitely search around for a program that suits your artistic needs. As for drawing neat, crisp lines? As much as I hate to say it, there's no trick to it. The best remedy is practice. Time, patience, practice. The one thing that will, without a shadow of a doubt, help you improve your lines is to keep doing it. Go slow, draw mindfully, take your time, and concentrate. But, not so much that your heavy-handed; because you don't want to overdo it either.

I don't like telling people that you need to ~feel the line~. It just sounds so stupid. However, there is an ounce of truth in that anecdote. That, and I know you're already an accomplished artist, so I know you understand what I'm saying. Art (especially some of the technology used to create it) can be finicky because it really gets better as it becomes more natural to you. The more "you" you put into it, the more you get out. That's a terrible answer, I know, but it's the nature of our talent. If you need anymore assistance though, definitely look through some of the Photoshop tutorials in the Art & Design Resource Thread. Or just VM me, and I'll be happy to assist you however possible. :]

Things to see

• New wallpaper up. A request piece for The Fattest Snorlax
  • A think a few new sprites lol. I'm not sure.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Fairy
believe

Things to see

• Big fancy One Piece fan-art : "bon voyage"
  • Ehh my laziness is on display I guess.
  • I got a silly little Celebi sprite up there. The big thing is the One Piece art, go see that. :p
Old June 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
That One Piece drawing and basically everything here is amazing. In any other site for some of your work I could of potentially mistook it as official art, especially the 'Wild Pokemon' piece haha. Seriously though awesome work dude, I hope one day to somehow get to your level!

Just out of curiousness what age did you start drawing? Like, dedicated to actually getting better at it rather than just doing random doodles?
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
.Bacon
Unhatched Egg

Your drawings are absolutely marvelous, however some of your sprites have small little mistakes. I feel like you're making the shading a little to gradient or not enough shading. The old fashioned sprites of those 6 gen pokemon are sexy though. c:

Youtube

Sometimes we make mistakes, our mistakes make things harder for ourselves and others. We must look at each other face-to-face and understand that these mistakes are part of growing.
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:59 AM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
Your art is absolutely awesome.
I love the details in the sprites. The scenes make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
That Rayquaza is looking really good :O

Also, your Pokemon art look really good. I can feel the vibrancy of the colors popping out OwO. All your art here definitely look good. I really wish I could learn how to color well too. I guess there's still more room for improvement for me.

I can't believe I just decided to check out your thread now. It's really euphoric :>

Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I'm not going to provide much critique again unlike last time (sweats me out) so yes I'll just focus on the things you can improve upon, and which aren't your old filler-fodder drawings : Spritings.

As Derozio says it isn't looking quite right. That is because you've used a double outlining where it is not needed, and not shaded the part lighter outlines.
Here's a small scoop to show a bit of a fix:

That piece itself made me go: "How the heck does she do that?"
But I found out how you've got your near-to-god skills. You're really dedicated. I mean, when you want to do something, you do it and you're not lazy to. Of course, I've seen some #unfinishedworkplz around here but still.

Then it comes to your bunch of Pixel Collectiones.
A few of them; the jagged outlining is visible. I mean that the outlining becomes slightly inconsistent and make the curves look detracted. Here's what I mean

Sorry about non-transparencie

What I may suggest is making the curves more elliptical, or adding an extra lighter outlining outside the real outline (semi-transparent).
If you do not finish this soon I'm going to kill you. This is one goddamn legendary WIP.
To add to the mauling, I have to say A GOOD JOB ON THE NEW ADDITIONS HERE.

BUT I WANT TO STRESS ON THIS POINT!!!
DRAW A SKETCH AND SPRITE IT!!!
You did good with the California Girl NOW I WANT MORE FROM YOUYOUYOU!!!

And for a clarificatione:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bacon View Post
Your drawings are absolutely marvelous, however some of your sprites have small little mistakes. I feel like you're making the shading a little to gradient or not enough shading. The old fashioned sprites of those 6 gen pokemon are sexy though. c:
That is something I have to agree as well as disagree with.
Why I disagree: The sprites' shading are completely fine. The art gradience look excellent. For more proof, why not see this piece made by our very own Pixel Moderator Logiedan? That is just a style of shading.
Why I agree: They are perfectly normal, but they just cannot and should not be called sprites. Call it Pixel Art, but sprites are images of characters of video games and hence have their own style of shading, that is to making it more blocky and less blendable. (Totally agree about the 5th Gen devamps (old-fashoinising new art), though)
So yes that is a point-to-be-noted. But not a problem.

That will be all.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Fairy
believe

Wow guys. First of all, a big, gigantic, "thank you" blanket to all of my recent posters. Your comments are so, so appreciated and your feedback is fantastic. Thank you, really, :]

I'm going to spoiler my responses to you all because I got carried away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke
That One Piece drawing and basically everything here is amazing. In any other site for some of your work I could of potentially mistook it as official art, especially the 'Wild Pokemon' piece haha. Seriously though awesome work dude, I hope one day to somehow get to your level!

Just out of curiousness what age did you start drawing? Like, dedicated to actually getting better at it rather than just doing random doodles?
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm actually very proud of my One Piece drawing! n_n; I've only started watching it recently thanks to Derozio, but I've fallen in love with the anime and it would have been a disservice to myself, PC, and OP if I didn't draw some fanart. I'm not so sure about "Wild Pokemon" being official art though. Although, I am very flattered by that statement! You have no idea how many times I had to draw then redraw than Kangaskhan before it's face looked right lol. It was a labor of love, but I still have a very long way to go before I'm at a Sugimori level.

Well gosh, I've been drawing for the better part of two decades now. I suppose I was about 15 though, when I actually made the conscious decision to put forth effort in my art. When I decided that having an image in my head and putting it on to paper was more rewarding than coloring by numbers, you know? But, to some extent, I haven't reached that milestone either. I have always stood by the fact that some of my best drawings begin on the backs of paper plates. Just spontaneous, out-of-the-blue doodles that I took to the next level in some half-baked daze of inspiration.

I will say though, that I am always trying to improve myself and my art. Maybe not by way of traditional and digital mediums however. I look more to broaden my horizons, not by what or with what I put on the paper, but the way it makes me feel. Art, in any of its forms, is meant to evoke an emotion. I believe that with all my heart. My goal in improving myself and my creativity is to make that emotion more complex, more myself. But still allowing for the viewer to empathize with the piece.

..It's complicated lol. Sorry for the rant. That was a good question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bacon
Spoiler:
Awesome username lol

If you read back a bit, I explain how new I am to pixel art. Granted, I'm probably not so new at it anymore. n_n;;; But the pieces in my gallery are literally the only pieces of pixel art I've done.. which amounts to like, a dozen maybe? It's not that much of an accomplishment in terms of quantity. I'm so glad you like my devamps though! I bit off waaayy more than I can chew with those. I really thought devamping was just "watering down" new sprites. I was so wrong. I had no idea black and white counted as colors. .____.; And I barely repositioned them at all. Needless to say, I have a long way to go in that respect, but I'm more than happy to take any feedback I can get!

As for the shading, well, since I'm spriting other people drawings, I don't have much of a say in that lol. I don't want to go around changing too much of the original piece, or else it loses it's... authenticity, you know? And shading is a fundamental part of that. So I didn't feel it necessary to change the shading where it was appropriate. I'm sure you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tshot1025
Your art is absolutely awesome.
I love the details in the sprites. The scenes make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
That Rayquaza is looking really good :O

Also, your Pokemon art look really good. I can feel the vibrancy of the colors popping out OwO. All your art here definitely look good. I really wish I could learn how to color well too. I guess there's still more room for improvement for me.

I can't believe I just decided to check out your thread now. It's really euphoric :>
Spoiler:
Thank you~ ;w;

That's exactly what I wanted. To make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy with my art. You've totally made my day.

And oooohhh trust me. I still have a very, very long way to go with digital art. That is yet another area where I'm relatively new. Unless you mean coloring with colored pencils, which I've been doing for as long as I can remember. xD But for digital art, yeah, that's still something I'm figuring out. Take lighting, for instance. I know how to color things to make it look like there's light shining on a specific area.. but I also know that Photoshop has buttons to create the same effect. I have no idea where that button is. That's the sort of progress I need to make. I'm limited not by my talent, but the technology I use, if that makes sense.

Nothing that a little practice and time won't fix. I'm sure it's the same with you. All you need to do is keep coloring, keep trying things out, keep experimenting, and give yourself the time to do it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★
I'm not going to provide much critique again unlike last time (sweats me out) so yes I'll just focus on the things you can improve upon, and which aren't your old filler-fodder drawings : Spritings.

As Derozio says it isn't looking quite right. That is because you've used a double outlining where it is not needed, and not shaded the part lighter outlines.
Here's a small scoop to show a bit of a fix:

That piece itself made me go: "How the heck does she do that?"
But I found out how you've got your near-to-god skills. You're really dedicated. I mean, when you want to do something, you do it and you're not lazy to. Of course, I've seen some #unfinishedworkplz around here but still.

Then it comes to your bunch of Pixel Collectiones.
A few of them; the jagged outlining is visible. I mean that the outlining becomes slightly inconsistent and make the curves look detracted. Here's what I mean

Sorry about non-transparencie

What I may suggest is making the curves more elliptical, or adding an extra lighter outlining outside the real outline (semi-transparent).
If you do not finish this soon I'm going to kill you. This is one goddamn legendary WIP.
To add to the mauling, I have to say A GOOD JOB ON THE NEW ADDITIONS HERE.

BUT I WANT TO STRESS ON THIS POINT!!!
DRAW A SKETCH AND SPRITE IT!!!
You did good with the California Girl NOW I WANT MORE FROM YOUYOUYOU!!!

And for a clarificatione:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bacon

That is something I have to agree as well as disagree with.
Why I disagree: The sprites' shading are completely fine. The art gradience look excellent. For more proof, why not see this piece made by our very own Pixel Moderator Logiedan? That is just a style of shading.
Why I agree: They are perfectly normal, but they just cannot and should not be called sprites. Call it Pixel Art, but sprites are images of characters of video games and hence have their own style of shading, that is to making it more blocky and less blendable. (Totally agree about the 5th Gen devamps (old-fashoinising new art), though)
So yes that is a point-to-be-noted. But not a problem.

That will be all.
Spoiler:
Critique of the year, just sayin'

Seriously though, thank you. This is exactly the kind of critique I was looking for when it comes to my pixel art. The California Girl sprite.. Oi. ._.; That was back in the good ol' days of use running the pencil tool down a piece and calling it pixel art. I have no idea what "double outline" meant verses a nice, clean line. At some point I'd like to go back and clean the whole thing up but, far me it for me to take on a project like that anytime soon. Not with that Rayquaza WIP lurking over my shoulder.

And omg thanks so much for noticing that!

I was like.. "uhhh.. I've used all the "rounded" techniques I can for pixel art and it still looks so choppy". Especially Dragonite's wing. I like, straight lost sleep over that lol. But I kept trying and redoing it but I couldn't make it look more... naturally curved. I wasn't sure if that's just the nature of pixel art or if it was me. But now that I know it can be fixed (or at least helped) I'm going to take another crack at it. I sorta assumed that was just one of the sacrifices pixel artist's need to make.

AND I KNOW OKAY I KNOW;w;

Lol, my boyfriend was literally just giving me the same deal you were. That I should sprite my own art and whatnot. But I.. I just don't feel confident enough yet. And I don't mean that like, "Oh, well my art's too good, too complex for pixel-ating" it's nothing like that. I just feel like there's a certain level of skill that I can reach and maintain working with another artist's drawings that I couldn't get with my own. I'm too much of a perfectionist.. nothing would ever come out right. And I'm afraid I'd end up ruining it for myself. u_u; But, I am planning something pretty cool. Instead of going back and spriting old work (my original plan was to sprite "Pokemon Battle #1" :O) I'm going to draw things with the express purpose of spriting.

And god I know isn't Logie great? I'm too afraid to tell him how much I actually stalk his DA account, but his work is so incredible

Thanks again everyone for your comments. They mean more to me than I can tell you. :D

Should be updating again soon~<3
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Fairy
believe

Things to see
  • Two new devamps, Jellicent & Volcarona
  • New gallery style
Enjoy

/// edit \\\

just finished a Larvesta devamp. It's not a serious attempt by any means, so I'm not exactly "proud" of it. But it's done and I decided to add it last minute. :]

Last edited by Fairy; June 27th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Fairy
believe

Things to see
  • Devamped Volcarona back sprite.
  • Updated gallery title.
  • In the non-pokemon works area, the "comic inspired art & sketches" section has been removed. Explanation in the spoiler.
    • New section "non-Pokemon sprites" as been added.
    • Going Merry, Zoro, and Luffy sprites have been included in the new section. I've been holding on to those for a while, but never had anywhere to put them. Now that the old section has been removed, I've decided to put these guys in there to replace it.
Enjoy
Old July 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Fairy
believe

The gallery's been updated. Pokemon wallpapers has been consolidated.

Things to see

• Usopp, Nami, and Sanji sprites have been added.
Enjoy
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Fairy
believe

Things to see
  • Gengar request sprite for zombie on EGC.
Enjoy
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Fairy
believe

Things to see
  • Thousand Sunny sprite!
After an asinine, painful amount of time I finally finished what I consider my favorite piece. This was.. ugh. A true labor of love. I've spent endless days slaving over this one and it really took a lot out of me lol. But it was a hell of a lot of fun and I'm super happy with the result. I think there are a few places it needs tweaking (the lighting is off on a few spots / some contrast could be added to make some areas pop --specifically the red house on the bridge-- a bit more); but it's mostly trivial, aesthetic things. The bulk of this is completed, so I decided to post it now.

I could use a stiff drink.

Enjoy
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
Woah! That Thousand Sunny is SUPER cool! I love the details-- gosh I wish I could say something more but I'm too busy scrolling back up to look at it again to say anything constructive LOL

Like the colors, the shading-- I love itttt you've really outdone yourself!
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Peachi3xx

Nature: Modest
Wow, your pixel art looks amazing. The detail you go into the shading is superb and you're unafraid to work with different perspectives and angles. (Legendary beasts pixelart looks very stylized)

Your traditional art is just as compelling with really great lighting and shading. The mama marowak hit me in the feels.

Keep up the spectacular work (cause I'm jelly like a ditto)!

Edit: Trying to avoid generic post syndrome

Last edited by Peachi3xx; July 28th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Fairy
believe

Things to see
  • A few new sketches in RPD.
  • Thread has been transferred to my new username, Alexial
Enjoy

Also thank Loki and Peachi3xx. I appreciate all of your nice words, as always. <3 n_n
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links