The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Dragon type on a starter? Not likely.

My favourite is actually the bird (panda comes second)
The bird looks like an actual Japanese robin. I hope its final evo will be fire/flying

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:24 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Anyone seen the unconfirmed info on PokeBeach? I sounds really good:
I still ain't buying it, they wouldn't make a new battle style just for flying pokemon, the battles will always be how they always were, turn based in a battle stage, one type of mon wouldn't get their own style.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:45 AM
KeyDrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
I still ain't buying it, they wouldn't make a new battle style just for flying pokemon, the battles will always be how they always were, turn based in a battle stage, one type of mon wouldn't get their own style.
That would more likely be a minigame, anyway I don't believe those news either but I would not be disappointed with any of them.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

I hope that the dual-typed moves aren't true. Why 2 types for 1 move?! The rest seems ok to me, although I still don't like the idea of Fairy Type.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Forever
let it go

"The professor's English name is Patrice."

That's also a really terrible name, so I hope all of this isn't true. :( Also, Fairy immune to dragon? If Mawile gets an evo it'll be OU or Ubers o_O
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
New type confirmed? Remember that Smash promo of the girl dressed in a Sylveon costume trying to break bricks? Well, Bulbagarden tweeted recently about the latest Pokémon Smash episode and here's what they said:

"Is a new type confirmed? Well...maybe. During the Eevee-Akiyama friends segment of Pokémon Smash earlier today, it was heavily implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice types, and weak against Poison types. If this is true, and not just the Pokémon Smash team horsing around, then this is an outright confirmation that Sylveon is a brand new type.

For those who haven't seen the segment, it had the team (cosplaying as Eeveelutions) trying to figure out Sylveon's type. First, Shoko (playing Sylveon) pulled out some Nunchucks....but then got shoved inside a drum by a big burly guy, implying Sylveon is not a Fighting type, and in fact is probably weak to them. Next, she broke a block of ice. Akiyama and the others suggested that she may be a Steel type as a result of these two results, and decided to test the idea. The method they came up with? Seeing if she resisted Poison by having her put her head in a box and expose her to some really bad smelling items. That...didn't work out so well for Shoko. Not clear if that was meant to imply Poison was super effective, or that it was just effective, but at least it was clear that Sylveon lacked the Poisin immunity of Steel.
(Yes, crazy stuff like this is typical of Smash)

One more thing to consider. If this is true, it contradicts the "Fairy-type" rumours which have been going around recently. While those did suggest a Poison weakness, they said nothing about Ice at all, and suggested that Sylveon was actually strong against Fighting.

So...new type looking incredibly likely. Your thoughts?"
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I can't say I'm all in favor of a new type, but it would certainly add interesting things to the game. Even veterans would have to learn a thing or two. Unless this Pokemon is a Grass/Something else type, it will have to be a new type to have those weaknesses. Who knows, maybe they will change some old Pokemon as well, like they did with Gold and Silver. Most fans think a new type is unnecessary, but really, it would be ok.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
New type confirmed? Remember that Smash promo of the girl dressed in a Sylveon costume trying to break bricks? Well, Bulbagarden tweeted recently about the latest Pokémon Smash episode and here's what they said:

"Is a new type confirmed? Well...maybe. During the Eevee-Akiyama friends segment of Pokémon Smash earlier today, it was heavily implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice types, and weak against Poison types. If this is true, and not just the Pokémon Smash team horsing around, then this is an outright confirmation that Sylveon is a brand new type.

For those who haven't seen the segment, it had the team (cosplaying as Eeveelutions) trying to figure out Sylveon's type. First, Shoko (playing Sylveon) pulled out some Nunchucks....but then got shoved inside a drum by a big burly guy, implying Sylveon is not a Fighting type, and in fact is probably weak to them. Next, she broke a block of ice. Akiyama and the others suggested that she may be a Steel type as a result of these two results, and decided to test the idea. The method they came up with? Seeing if she resisted Poison by having her put her head in a box and expose her to some really bad smelling items. That...didn't work out so well for Shoko. Not clear if that was meant to imply Poison was super effective, or that it was just effective, but at least it was clear that Sylveon lacked the Poison immunity of Steel.
(Yes, crazy stuff like this is typical of Smash)

One more thing to consider. If this is true, it contradicts the "Fairy-type" rumours which have been going around recently. While those did suggest a Poison weakness, they said nothing about Ice at all, and suggested that Sylveon was actually strong against Fighting.

So...new type looking incredibly likely. Your thoughts?"
Pokejungle contradicts Bulbapedia. According to Pokejungle, who uses PJ and ZephyrSonic+ ZS's girlfriend to translate, Sylveon wasn't really effected by Poison. They tested to see if she was immune to Poison as part of the Steel test. She wasn't immune but it was never said Poison weakened her Wow they changed it XD...hrm.
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Well there's a huge load of information regarding X and Y for the next Pokemon Smash so hopefully at one point they could follow up on the Sylveon news and finally reveal it's typing. Either that or they could just re cover what we already discovered in this weeks CoroCoro edition.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm hoping for the slim chance they reveal Sylveon's type. I'd rather discuss a new type ─ if it's that ─ than continue discussing what Sylveon could be and just going around in circles. :|
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm just amazed at how much information was shown in the leaking of CoroCoro for this month. They revealed 4 new Pokémon, Pokémon that you can ride, official artwork of the players and the new region named Kalos.

Hm... speaking of the new region, I doubt anyone would remember this old post here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... earlier I was thinking that the region might actually be set in Paris. But then again... when I looked at it on Google Earth, it was completely inland. So now I kind of think that the new region would probably be based in France, but I'm thinking it'll take place somewhere on the west side of France.

So it kind of makes me think that the region will kind of look more like this:
Spoiler:

What do you think? Is this a good location for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to be set in? :o
Looks like my speculation of the region being situated in the north-west coast of France became a reality, compare my old post to the CoroCoro scan:
Spoiler:

Looks close enough to me.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
From what I've seen it looks like they're using all of france...that may mean it'll be a very large region in game, I hope so as BW Unova was just too small.
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

I can see all of France in the region's artwork. I bet there will be 2 major mountain ranges/caves because of the Pyrenees based of mountains in the south, and the mountains in the east probably resemble the French Alps.
And is it possible for legendaries to be based upon French mythologies and tales? The musjedeer trio would fit Karos more than Unova if you ask me...

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

I still hope for a museum based on the Louvré

Old May 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I'm just amazed at how much information was shown in the leaking of CoroCoro for this month. They revealed 4 new Pokémon, Pokémon that you can ride, official artwork of the players and the new region named Kalos.

Hm... speaking of the new region, I doubt anyone would remember this old post here:

Looks like my speculation of the region being situated in the north-west coast of France became a reality, compare my old post to the CoroCoro scan:
Spoiler:

Looks close enough to me.
It's fairly close. Your map shows only the more north-south Cotentin peninsula whereas the map or Karos shows pretty clearly the more east-west and larger peninsula or Brittany alongside some smaller looking peninsula that looks like the one in your map.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotentin_Peninsula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany

deviantart blog pair
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:06 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

After looking at the eiffel tower in the trailer
I think that it can be this generation's Celadon or Lilicove Big market.
What do you think?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
After looking at the eiffel tower in the trailer
I think that it can be this generation's Celadon or Lilicove Big market.
What do you think?
Doubt it, the real life Eiffel tower isn't a dept store so this won't be either, if anything my guess is it'll be both a plot location, and a place to show off the new graphics and the 3D, by giving you a look at the region from the top, and using the 3DS to show off the depth, how far the region reaches.

Old May 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Doubt it, the real life Eiffel tower isn't a dept store so this won't be either, if anything my guess is it'll be both a plot location, and a place to show off the new graphics and the 3D, by giving you a look at the region from the top, and using the 3DS to show off the depth, how far the region reaches.
Cant they be creative and make it a department store?Then at the top as you said there will be binoculars to see the whole region!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
pokerex
I'm awesome

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Cant they be creative and make it a department store?Then at the top as you said there will be binoculars to see the whole region!
that would be really cool but i doubt that they wil actually do it
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Every series has a multi-floor department store. There is nothing saying this can't be one.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It could be similar to the battle cafe but incoperate some sort of Battle Tower feature where you progress through the floors defeating trainers.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Well, if you look at the "Eiffel Tower" from the screenshot, it seems like there are actually glass windows, so maybe there is something in there after all?
Maybe not a dept. store, but i'm guessin you'll be able to enter it at some point

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
KeyDrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
It could be similar to the battle cafe but incoperate some sort of Battle Tower feature where you progress through the floors defeating trainers.
I like the idea of the battle facility, it could a battle tower where you fight a trainer in each floor, trying to reach the top.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
A battle facility would be pretty nice, although a dept. store wouldn't be bad either

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It could also be nothing. I mean there are a lot of large buildings in Castellia that you can not enter. It can be a land mark and nothing else.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links