The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2401    
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
80C
The Godfather of Modern Gen1 Hacking
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Wow, this hack looks nice!
Did you add more overworld than the ones present or just resized and changed the unused\less used ones?
__________________
I'm not active on this forum anymore.

I'm known as the author of:


Check this video and decide if Pokemon Grape is now better than Pokemon Brown or not! http://youtu.be/qtUTRc7IPuo
Koolboyman, Danny-E 33... From Frejo with Love you suckers!
  #2402    
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
clintonomore's Avatar
clintonomore
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
It's incredibly hard to use dratini at the beginning
__________________
Roll Tide
  #2403    
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM
patchlist's Avatar
patchlist
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonomore View Post
It's incredibly hard to use dratini at the beginning
i used dratini and it was easy for me... Or maybe the other 2 is easier...

2. Is there a lapras in this game? Where can i find one?

Last edited by patchlist; May 7th, 2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2404    
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:59 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonomore View Post
It's incredibly hard to use dratini at the beginning
yes playing with the Dratini is a little bit difficult. So if you want to rule the Core region choose Gible

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchlist View Post

2. Is there a lapras in this game? Where can i find one?
The earliest possible way to get Lapras is by using Fishing rod for inside Frozen Dungeon's 1st floor

Last edited by alienhunterx; May 8th, 2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2405    
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:37 AM
BobbertZhubert
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Hack seems interesting. Probably going to play it. My only questions is what learnsets are the pokemon following? Are there any changes to the pokemon's learnsets? Thanks!
  #2406    
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
ball199494
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Please help me, why I cannot give a water stone to a Feebas for evolution?
  #2407    
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Gillion
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
I'm having some issues getting the Hack to work. I've tried multiple versions of VBA. I've changed to emulation type to Automatic, and the save type to Flash128k. I've used Lips on a working FireRed version with the DarkRising.IPS file. I'm using Windows 7. The versions of VBA I have attempted are VBA 1.8.0, VBA 1.7.2, and VBA 1.8.0(Beta3). The hack loads and on the first screen that contains the Legal Information, it flashes and continuously reloads.
  #2408    
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbertZhubert View Post
Hack seems interesting. Probably going to play it. My only questions is what learnsets are the pokemon following? Are there any changes to the pokemon's learnsets? Thanks!
The hack is still following 3rd gen based moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
I'm having some issues getting the Hack to work. I've tried multiple versions of VBA. I've changed to emulation type to Automatic, and the save type to Flash128k. I've used Lips on a working FireRed version with the DarkRising.IPS file. I'm using Windows 7. The versions of VBA I have attempted are VBA 1.8.0, VBA 1.7.2, and VBA 1.8.0(Beta3). The hack loads and on the first screen that contains the Legal Information, it flashes and continuously reloads.
PM me your problem. i will help you but mind you you are not using the Clean FireRed ROM

Last edited by alienhunterx; May 8th, 2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2409    
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball199494 View Post
Please help me, why I cannot give a water stone to a Feebas for evolution?
Because... Feebas does not evolve by using Water Stone?
It wasn't probably edited so Feebas still evolves by beauty.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2410    
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:28 AM
BobbertZhubert
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Gen 3 Learnsets? Okay, but how about the newer pokemon from like gen 4 and 5? Is there someplace were I could find the new learnsets for them? Did OP post it anywhere?
  #2411    
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
nrvnqsr
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
i really loved this game, loved the originality, the absence of a silent protagonist and dray's cockiness xD by the way, where is the latest update of this game? me and my friend thinks that the one DarkRising Girl posted on the first page is not the latest x)
my friend compared the latest walkthrough with the copy we had and the walkthrough is entirely different to the game x)
  #2412    
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbertZhubert View Post
Gen 3 Learnsets? Okay, but how about the newer pokemon from like gen 4 and 5? Is there someplace were I could find the new learnsets for them? Did OP post it anywhere?
She has edited those Gen 4-5 Pokes with the Gen 3 moves as best as she could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvnqsr View Post
i really loved this game, loved the originality, the absence of a silent protagonist and dray's cockiness xD by the way, where is the latest update of this game? me and my friend thinks that the one DarkRising Girl posted on the first page is not the latest x)
my friend compared the latest walkthrough with the copy we had and the walkthrough is entirely different to the game x)
The latest version is on the first page. You might be playing on an old beta.

Last edited by alienhunterx; May 9th, 2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2413    
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
nrvnqsr
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
really? oh thanks! my friend says that the walkthrough's screenshots is different in game. i used the file on the first page. x) if anything. is there any way to contact dark rising girl?
  #2414    
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM
FurY`
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender:
Hi there.

Very nice hack to play - strong trainers in the 1st place
But I have 1 problem - I'm stuck after 7th badge. Anyone cam help e with it?
  #2415    
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:50 AM
prudhvi7249
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
is the rom pokemon dark rising complete??

Last edited by prudhvi7249; May 11th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
  #2416    
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:08 AM
DragoNape
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
I have a problem i am stuck in a glitch bug thingy .... i saw myself on a tree and talked to it didnt think of it be a glitch so now it keeps saying qAF . nothing more and i cant do anthing ... Help
  #2417    
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:39 AM
nrvnqsr
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
if given the chance, i would volunteer to fix some sprites, completely debug the game and design a gba box for it <3 this is one of the most epic game i played. that Adrian is one tough guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurY` View Post
Hi there.

Very nice hack to play - strong trainers in the 1st place
But I have 1 problem - I'm stuck after 7th badge. Anyone cam help e with it?
go back to the first gym you see in the forest where you encounter karrablast, bulbasaur etc.

Last edited by nrvnqsr; May 11th, 2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2418    
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:28 AM
patchlist's Avatar
patchlist
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
does landorus learn any good ground moves?
  #2419    
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
FurY`
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvnqsr View Post

go back to the first gym you see in the forest where you encounter karrablast, bulbasaur etc.
that's what I thought in the first place, but how do I get there w/o fly?
  #2420    
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
patchlist's Avatar
patchlist
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurY` View Post
that's what I thought in the first place, but how do I get there w/o fly?
how can you not have fly? It is included in the storyline...
  #2421    
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:42 AM
FurY`
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchlist View Post
how can you not have fly? It is included in the storyline...
lemme get this straight. I do not have a pokemon that can learn fly in my roster, and atm I can't take any pkmn from the box, because 'usual PC services aren't available'
  #2422    
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:02 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoNape View Post
I have a problem i am stuck in a glitch bug thingy .... i saw myself on a tree and talked to it didnt think of it be a glitch so now it keeps saying qAF . nothing more and i cant do anthing ... Help
Can you be more specific and tell in an easy language what you desire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudhvi7249 View Post
is the rom pokemon dark rising complete??
Yes it is pretty much complete and covers a long story based region

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurY` View Post
lemme get this straight. I do not have a pokemon that can learn fly in my roster, and atm I can't take any pkmn from the box, because 'usual PC services aren't available'
Then you have to get there on Foot. Because you cannot FLY, there is no other way around

Last edited by alienhunterx; May 13th, 2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2423    
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:21 AM
patchlist's Avatar
patchlist
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurY` View Post
lemme get this straight. I do not have a pokemon that can learn fly in my roster, and atm I can't take any pkmn from the box, because 'usual PC services aren't available'
if you can go back to the cave with 4 zen mode darmanitan and if you have strength, then there is a shortcut within that mountain going to flamen city.. The thing though is that you have to catch or defeat groudon
  #2424    
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Can you be more specific and tell in an easy language what you desire?
He said it in VERY easy language...
qAF is a glitchy text which appears if non-text byte is supposed to be used as text in textbox.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2425    
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:34 AM
patchlist's Avatar
patchlist
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7659635]Can you be more specific and tell in an easy language what you desire?

there is a guy in tiki town appearing randomly at the junction of tiki town and fire forest (forgot the name)... If you talk to him it will appear as if you are playing the pokeslot.. but he will say you have no coins and when you pres b, you will exit the pokeslot and will automatically talk to that guy again.. You will be stuck in this loop

sorry, my post above is a different concern...

Last edited by patchlist; May 13th, 2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.